#21 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:53 AM

I've set it to merge concurrent posts made in a topic within two minutes of each other. So, if I were to post again, right after this, and nobody else replied before my second post, they would merge...as long as it's within two minutes.

There's really nothing else we could do except to apply flood control, which sucks.

#22 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,869 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted December 29, 2008 - 11:34 AM

I've set it to merge concurrent posts made in a topic within two minutes of each other. So, if I were to post again, right after this, and nobody else replied before my second post, they would merge...as long as it's within two minutes.

There's really nothing else we could do except to apply flood control, which sucks.

That's good, I don't see why we would need flood control, we are fine as we are.

#23 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.

• Site Admin
  • 4,361 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 11:49 AM

test

test

That's kinda cool.

#24 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*
  • Guests

Posted December 29, 2008 - 12:33 PM

Cool idea. However, I'm a bit confused on this post padding stuff. :unsure:

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 29, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Cool idea. However, I'm a bit confused on this post padding stuff. :unsure:

Nobody is really post-padding. There's no reason to do so. I COULD consider post-padding the Random Thread's ugly cousin, if I wanted to.

#26 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,380 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Real Deal for the merging posts. Awesome, sadly, it's only a 2 minute window.

#27 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted December 29, 2008 - 07:46 PM

Test post count #????

^Test post count #2175

Is this post count #2176?

GOOD! It did not increase the post counts, nice one RD!

#28 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:02 PM

I like it, just wish it was a lot more than two minutes cuz some people will definitely still abuse it.

#29 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 10:28 PM

Alot of ppl out there have no regards to using multi-quote or even bother about a single post for reply at one time.

Back when boards have no luxury of multi-quote, only the really abiding ones will bother to open each quote in a new window and copy the quote over to another window with the replies for 'multi-quote' replies.

This will definitely be a core problem, the only way I see the admins can aid in rectifying is to create a section of the board so that the posts in that section will not add up to the post counts.

Edit: Also, I am amused at the ways some members, in appreciation, quote one's post and not post anything themselves. I understand the logic of that to why bother posting something of yourself since the quote already said what you wanted to say. But, "I concur." or "I agree." is still a valid reply and not just a blank reply as witnessed previously.

Agree with everything in this post, everything.

And Real, good work on the automerge.

On the other site I'm at, we had it set at like 48 hours, so people couldn't spam to keep bumping their own threads hour after hour. But this way is much better than before, helps people who just make multiple replies at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users