• -Wade- likes this

#62 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,949 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 01, 2019 - 03:24 PM

I also think the Lakers could've used another go-to guy here. Neither LeBron, nor AD had what it takes to counter the Mavs' run in the 3rd quarter today. I know Kuzma is injured, but he hasn't been the guy who can carry the Lakers for small stretches all year.

It's not all his fault. He has been more efficient. And, it's hard to get him more minutes when the Lakers have a superstar at both of the positions he plays at. I don't see him being that guy again, particularly because of the last thing I said. There's just not enough minutes for him without AD playing more center.

I think the Lakers are better served trading him for a talent upgrade at another position.

Edited by Japago, December 01, 2019 - 03:25 PM.

#63 noknife

noknife

All-Star

• 5,643 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 01, 2019 - 03:27 PM

I also think the Lakers could've used another go-to guy here. Neither LeBron, nor AD had what it takes to counter the Mavs' run in the 3rd quarter today. I know Kuzma is injured, but he hasn't been the guy who can carry the Lakers for small stretches all year.

It's not all his fault. He has been more efficient. And, it's hard to get him more minutes when the Lakers have a superstar at both of the positions he plays at. I don't see him being that guy again, particularly because of the last thing I said. There's just not enough minutes for him without AD playing more center.

I think the Lakers are better served trading him for a talent upgrade at another position.

My analysis is different. They played defense good enough to win an nba game. Their offense was legit atrocious for almost an entire quarter. Ball game.
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#64 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,696 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 01, 2019 - 03:30 PM

I hoped the Lakers would get this one, because I think the next 2 are going to be even tougher games. They're on the road, in altitude, and on a back to back. But, I didn't feel good about this one either. IIRC, the Lakers weren't good in early games last year.

It's marathon, so we shouldn't overreact if we see a drop off this month. But, there are definitely limits to how much they can drop off. To set a minimum bar, I think the Lakers should at least go over .500 for the month.

Expectations are kinda crazy right now, but that schedule is going to get really tough and I think there is bound to be some drop-off.

I agree with this. I’d be happy if we’re a lil but over .500 for the month

#65 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

long live..

• 5,534 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 01, 2019 - 03:33 PM

we will be fine. time to start a new winning streak starting on tuesday. lets go! 

Youtube: Mehran M 
Instagram: Mehran.Mrkz

#66 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,949 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 01, 2019 - 03:35 PM

My analysis is different. They played defense good enough to win an nba game. Their offense was legit atrocious for almost an entire quarter. Ball game.

I'm saying I think the offense would be better served with a more reliable 3rd option at another position. Kuzma just doesn't have the freedom or minutes to be that guy, regardless of how good he is or isn't.

Edited by Japago, December 01, 2019 - 03:35 PM.

#67 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,696 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 01, 2019 - 03:45 PM

We’re missing another player for this team, hopefully they can acquire someone before the trade deadline

Edited by lildvl10, December 01, 2019 - 03:46 PM.

#68 noknife

noknife

All-Star

• 5,643 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 01, 2019 - 04:07 PM

I'm saying I think the offense would be better served with a more reliable 3rd option at another position. Kuzma just doesn't have the freedom or minutes to be that guy, regardless of how good he is or isn't.

Avery Bradley is a big piece to have. I agree. Kuz basically needs LeBron to be effective offensively. Just like every other non-AD Laker, which to me makes him interchangeable with the cooks, Daniels, Rondo, Caruso’s of the world in that he is what he is, if he is on, great, if he isn’t pull him and next man up. The regular season is a great time to figure all this out.

#69 Mobile Gundam

Mobile Gundam

O WORM

• 12,215 posts

Posted December 01, 2019 - 05:09 PM

What a [expletive]ty excuse of a team.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#70 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 44,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 01, 2019 - 05:53 PM

Mavs shot 49 threes

NBA is so trash
  • KB_24, Persian Gulf and Olabebeh like this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#71 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,969 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 02, 2019 - 10:18 AM

How quickly fans can turn, this is a loss we can withstand, not twenty games in yet remember last season? There is a marked improvement all around coaching included yes another deep threat would be nice but patience is the true reward of being a Laker fan, just chill it'll come!
  • Persian Gulf likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)