83 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 892 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 06, 2019 - 10:19 AM

Kawhi Leonard ducking Giannis and the bucks is some weak *ish

Losing mad respect for him. Missing two games in 8? And you have the choice between the mighty bucks vs the hobbled blazers (practically all their big men are out)? WEAK!

He’s 28 btw...

What do y’all think about Load management?
What do y’all think about Kawhi ducking the Bucks?

Edited by Adam, November 06, 2019 - 10:20 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#2 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

long live..

• 5,483 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 06, 2019 - 10:43 AM

lets focus on ourselves. forget what the league is happening.

i dont like load managment.  if its for health reason. i understand but just to take days off come on. 

i would sit out games vs lesser teams than the bucks imo. if hes doing it, do it at the right time. 

• GCMD and Jody Smokes like this

Youtube: Mehran M 
Instagram: Mehran.Mrkz

#3 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,583 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 06, 2019 - 11:03 AM

I hate this load management thing but i have to agree that it will help kahwi during the playoffs. Another thing I hate about it is that it’s too early for the season for kahwi to be doing that and it’sunacceptable. load management should not be done when your team is playing a contender or is nationally televised. With that being said, I would like for lebron to load manage as well since it’s his 17th season and he is going to really benefit from it come playoffs time. Kahwi is so young to be doing that in my opinion.

Edited by lildvl10, November 06, 2019 - 11:03 AM.

• ArabicMamba likes this

#4 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 5,030 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 06, 2019 - 01:31 PM

I think it’s horse[expletive] to be frank. ESP if you’re the franchise player and it’s early in the season and he’s young... devalues a game which is paid by us/corp. I’d rather see limited mins than not playing at all.
  • GCMD, Persian Gulf, Xinxin and 1 other like this

ap1.png

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 06, 2019 - 02:21 PM

Can't really be mad about it...

The Clippers organization knew prior to signing him that this was his plan.

It does suck for fans of the game who purchased tickets to watch him play, but yeah... other than that I don't see a problem.

#6 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 06, 2019 - 02:26 PM

It's the byproduct of the modern NBA. This run and gun and score as much points as possible, or simply outscore the opposing team to win, has added extra stress on NBA players bodies. The reason why players in the past did not need load management and were able to play repeated full seasons or close to it -- is because the game was much slower. Played with a slower pace. Defensive team play was a priority.

I doubt Kawhi is ducking the Bucks and is purposely trying to avoid playing good teams. I'm sure he and the Clippers medical staff are following a strict schedule.

Edited by Jackson, November 06, 2019 - 02:27 PM.

#7 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,590 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2019 - 02:44 PM

It's the byproduct of the modern NBA. This run and gun and score as much points as possible, or simply outscore the opposing team to win, has added extra stress on NBA players bodies. The reason why players in the past did not need load management and were able to play repeated full seasons or close to it -- is because the game was much slower. Played with a slower pace. Defensive team play was a priority.

I doubt Kawhi is ducking the Bucks and is purposely trying to avoid playing good teams. I'm sure he and the Clippers medical staff are following a strict schedule.

It’s all good. We will make sure they get their summer started as early as possible.
  • -Wade- and Jackson like this

#8 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 892 posts

Posted November 06, 2019 - 02:54 PM

this is the second game he's missing in four games....is he just going to miss a quarter of the season like last year?

• GCMD likes this

#9 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 892 posts

Posted November 06, 2019 - 03:08 PM

I think something serious needs to be done about load management..when healthy players are taking it upon themselves to sit out games...it devalues the entire game of basketball...kawhi skips a quarter of the season to be fresh in the playoffs and he gets to play against guys who toughed out the entire season or as much as they could and somehow his wins are supposed to be the same? 

when one player starts getting away with it...then others are going to start doing the same. And slowly but surely the entire 82 game season will become more and more pointless..because what's the point? as long as we can make it to the playoffs...kawhi is a good player, no doubt but a lot had to go his way last season....he got traded to a team that was the #1 seed (maybe 2 or even 3, don't feel like checking right now) and had repeatedly gone deep into the playoffs. They weren't a bunch of scrubs that he took to the finals. If it weren't for a couple of lucky bounces they would have lost to the sixers...and if the warriors weren't decimated by injuries they would have definitely lost. He was coming back from an injury so I had no problem with it and i imagine neither did a lot of other people. but this? If KD to the warriors was weak than what do you even call this? 

I am now legitimately happy that Kawhi didn't sign with the lakers. I don't want to win like that. Kawhi signed with the clippers because he wanted the challenge? What kind of challenge is it when you play 75% of the games compared to everyone else? What kind of challenge is it when you duck the best players and the best teams? he had the entire summer off...and the season is not even two weeks old and he's already choosing to sit out two games. You want load management? play one half of one game and play one half of another game and between two full games you played one and sat out for another. Can't handle the stress of a run and gun offense? slow it down then. 

oh and another thing that's going to bother me...Kawhi is the best player in the league? he's the best two-way player because he's very good on both sides of the ball? doesn't mean much if you choose to start skipping games. going to have to put an asterik next to everything he does. and if anyone thinks Kawhi should get an mvp...smh..the worst part is I don't even know how the NBA can come down on this and prevent or if they even care to. and we're all just going to sit back and watch as this new fad erodes this beloved game.

If y'all couldn't tell, i'm super bothered about this and thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Xinxin, ArabicMamba and RobBlake like this

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,804 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2019 - 03:50 PM

Kawhi has a generative quad issue...it's the main reason why I didn't want them to offer an AD level package for him like a lot of panicky fans on here suggested...

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,804 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2019 - 03:53 PM

It's not that.  It's the fact that these newer players play much muuuuuuuuch more basketball well before the pros than the previous generation did.  If the NBA gets open to using PEDs then a lot of these issues will go away. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#12 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 06, 2019 - 04:28 PM

It's not that.  It's the fact that these newer players play much muuuuuuuuch more basketball well before the pros than the previous generation did.  If the NBA gets open to using PEDs then a lot of these issues will go away. 

NBA won't even let a man use diuretics let alone PEDs lol

• GCMD likes this

#13 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,583 posts

Posted November 06, 2019 - 04:38 PM

I heard in the pocast that one of the voters will not vote for kahwi anymore because of this
  • Persian Gulf, Xinxin and Adam like this

#14 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,861 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2019 - 04:44 PM

1 in 10 games?  Sure.  That's only 8 missed games.  72 games is fine.

2 out of 8 games?  That's stealing money unless they win it all.

I'm Ok with load management but the major games against contenders should mandatory unless you're injured.

• Persian Gulf and lildvl10 like this

#15 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,285 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2019 - 06:03 PM

This load management BS makes me kind of glad he didn't pick us. 

• Adam likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#16 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,583 posts

Posted November 06, 2019 - 06:18 PM

1 in 10 games? Sure. That's only 8 missed games. 72 games is fine.

2 out of 8 games? That's stealing money unless they win it all.

I'm Ok with load management but the major games against contenders should mandatory unless you're injured.

Exactly, you have a responsibility to your fanbase and uour teammates. All i get from this is he being selfish
  • Xinxin likes this

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 30,258 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 06, 2019 - 08:25 PM

The worst part is he chose to duck the Bucks game and play the Blazers game. Just weak stuff. Also he's at a rate of doing load management for 25% of the games. Thats nuts for a player thats not actually injured.

• Persian Gulf, Xinxin, LACAS and 1 other like this

#18 LACAS

LACAS

Starter

• 4,211 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 06, 2019 - 08:35 PM

NBA should enforce a 1 per 1 rule.

For every game you miss due to "load management" and not an actual an injury, you'll have to miss a game in the playoffs.

• Xinxin likes this

#19 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,583 posts

Posted November 06, 2019 - 08:40 PM

I want for them to not get paid, if you’re not gonna show up for work then don’t get paid but i am pretty sure that would be difficult to enforce because they already have existing contracts. I hope nba makes a rule (not the current one) about load management
  • Xinxin likes this

#20 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 1,183 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2019 - 09:13 PM

Isn't there some NBA policy or best practice that star players can't rest for load management during road games? It makes sense as fans away only get a rare opportunity to see their star players play

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users