75 replies to this topic

#61 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,336 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 18, 2019 - 04:44 PM

All of the anti-Lakers stories peaked in intensity right around the time the Lakers were trying to get AD and made room to add Kawhi in Free Agency.

Who had the most to lose if all of that happened?

Clippers and Ballmer, who were/are trying to move to a new Arena.

This is a business PR move to drive up the Clippers value to help Ballmer fund the new Arena. Writers gushing over Kawhi while bashing the Lakers might as well admit they are being paid by Ballmer. I'm not saying a reasonable mind can't admire Kawhi and hate the Lakers but if you compare rosters and still give the edge to Kawhi/Clippers, you're obviously on the take.

Exactly, but i am afraid ballmer might succeed in doing this to the lakers

Edited by lildvl10, October 18, 2019 - 04:44 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#62 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 901 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 18, 2019 - 06:28 PM

I’m not taking any of those players I’m thw finals over lebron. Maybe khawi but he benefited from a gutted warriors squad

That’s your prerogative if you would take a guy with a losing record in the finals over players with winning records in the finals. I respect your opinion.

#63 lildvl10

lildvl10

Starter

• 4,336 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 18, 2019 - 07:38 PM

People need to be real and stop being stuck in the past. It isn’t 2012 anymore. Khawi is a better player than LeBron easily. So is KD. So is Giannis. So is Steph.

and kd had steph and vice versa. (and pls.) Do not compare lbj’s teammates to steph’s/kd’s. I was never a lebron fan until he became a laker and i think you are underrating lbj. he is just cruising to prolong his nba career and not because those players are better now. Stop

Edited by lildvl10, October 18, 2019 - 07:39 PM.

• LACAS likes this

#64 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 19, 2019 - 07:02 AM

People need to be real and stop being stuck in the past. It isn’t 2012 anymore. Khawi is a better player than LeBron easily. So is KD. So is Giannis. So is Steph.

KL was a better player than Bron LAST year because Bron was hurt... KL could very well be better but this is based on what? Last year? We will have a better sample size this year if both are healthy... my money is on a healthy Bron over a healthy KL.

Gonna be a fun season opener!

Season openers are always weird... it can go either way for many reasons nevertheless should be fun.

Edited by LACAS, October 19, 2019 - 09:00 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#65 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts

Posted October 19, 2019 - 07:03 AM

Exactly, but i am afraid ballmer might succeed in doing this to the lakers

Ballmer can do whatever he wants but if the Clips dont win it, nothing of what he does/did will matter... gotta win.

• GCMD, Persian Gulf and lildvl10 like this

#66 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts

Posted October 19, 2019 - 07:04 AM

and kd had steph and vice versa. (and pls.) Do not compare lbj’s teammates to steph’s/kd’s. I was never a lebron fan until he became a laker and i think you are underrating lbj. he is just cruising to prolong his nba career and not because those players are better now. Stop

Bron is probably the only player who can cruise while averaging 22/8/8

• GCMD and lildvl10 like this

#67 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2019 - 11:31 AM

Was a good preseason for AD and Lebron but the guy who surprised me the most was Avery Bradley.

Bradley, if he can continue to shoot well from the outside, is a surprisingly good fit in the starting lineup.  Low maintenance on O and dirty work player on D.

Dwight is coming around and visibly loosening up the more he plays.  He will be huge for us in the playoffs if he sticks, which would shock me if he didn't.

Danny Green is Danny Green...reliable and and consistent.

If healthy, this is a championship caliber team.

If Vogel limits 1-on-1 and emphasizes setting hard screens on LeBron's man, offense won't be an issue.

Potential is enormous.  1st 20 games will tell us a lot.

• Jackson and LACAS like this

#68 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts

Posted October 19, 2019 - 01:20 PM

Was a good preseason for AD and Lebron but the guy who surprised me the most was Avery Bradley.

Bradley, if he can continue to shoot well from the outside, is a surprisingly good fit in the starting lineup.  Low maintenance on O and dirty work player on D.

Dwight is coming around and visibly loosening up the more he plays.  He will be huge for us in the playoffs if he sticks, which would shock me if he didn't.

If Vogel limits 1-on-1 and emphasizes setting hard screens on LeBron's man, offense won't be an issue.

Agreed 100% although Im not putting much emphasis on the 1st 20 games as I am on simply staying healthy... this team if healthy will get it even if it takes more than the 1st 20 games... I believe if healthy this is the team to beat especially if as you mention guys do what they were brought here to do; hit 3's, play D, set picks, crash the boards etc... this Laker team is a match up nightmare, good luck with that!

Avery Bradley and Green are going to be nasty, give them time and DH is slowly coming along, I think he just might finally get it... the preseason was just a tease of what could be!

#69 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 19, 2019 - 03:37 PM

Yeah there can be absolutely no early season stumbles. No BS. Just come in and handle our business. We're legit at least better than 90% of the NBA

Edited by Jackson, October 20, 2019 - 11:51 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#70 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts

Posted October 20, 2019 - 08:32 AM

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#71 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts

Posted October 20, 2019 - 06:08 PM

Agreed 100% although Im not putting much emphasis on the 1st 20 games as I am on simply staying healthy... this team if healthy will get it even if it takes more than the 1st 20 games... I believe if healthy this is the team to beat especially if as you mention guys do what they were brought here to do; hit 3's, play D, set picks, crash the boards etc... this Laker team is a match up nightmare, good luck with that!

Avery Bradley and Green are going to be nasty, give them time and DH is slowly coming along, I think he just might finally get it... the preseason was just a tease of what could be!

We need a good to great start to help with buy in.  New coaching staff with Vogel on the hotseat with Kidd as HC-in-waiting...recipe for disaster and drama with a slow start.

We will be under a microscope the size of California until we prove we aren't just hype.  A 15-5 start will go a long way to silencing the critics who are waiting on us to fail.  A 10-10 start will begin the "Blame Game".

Remember we are still trying to woo AD.  He's not a lock to re-sign, especially if things go sideways.  Whether AD gets blamed or LeBron's age and decline gets blamed or a poor supporting cast gets blamed, a slow start won't help us keep AD in July 2020.

• LACAS likes this

#72 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,517 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 AM

We need a good to great start to help with buy in. New coaching staff with Vogel on the hotseat with Kidd as HC-in-waiting...recipe for disaster and drama with a slow start.

We will be under a microscope the size of California until we prove we aren't just hype. A 15-5 start will go a long way to silencing the critics who are waiting on us to fail. A 10-10 start will begin the "Blame Game".

Remember we are still trying to woo AD. He's not a lock to re-sign, especially if things go sideways. Whether AD gets blamed or LeBron's age and decline gets blamed or a poor supporting cast gets blamed, a slow start won't help us keep AD in July 2020.

No slow starts this season. The west is stacked. Some very good team is going to miss the playoffs because they started too slow and couldn’t make up enough ground against very good teams night in night out. Don’t want it to be the Lakers.
  • GCMD and lildvl10 like this

#73 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 AM

We need a good to great start to help with buy in.  New coaching staff with Vogel on the hotseat with Kidd as HC-in-waiting...recipe for disaster and drama with a slow start.

We will be under a microscope the size of California until we prove we aren't just hype.  A 15-5 start will go a long way to silencing the critics who are waiting on us to fail.  A 10-10 start will begin the "Blame Game".

Remember we are still trying to woo AD.  He's not a lock to re-sign, especially if things go sideways.  Whether AD gets blamed or LeBron's age and decline gets blamed or a poor supporting cast gets blamed, a slow start won't help us keep AD in July 2020.

In regards to the LA fanbase sure, I agree with you but I wouldnt give 2 s---- about the fanatics, this team will get there regardless a slow start, this is a veteran led team which understands this is a marathon not a sprint and they'll be smart enough not to risk injuries too early on. With that said I believe a 15-5 start should come easy but Im not expecting it, too many new pieces, new system, summer hangover, out of game shape etc... NBA season starts are weird just as season openers.

But youre right a solid start would go a long way, I guess Im weird as I dont care as much, I know this team will get it... will it matter if they start the season 10-10 but win the ship?

No slow starts this season. The west is stacked. Some very good team is going to miss the playoffs because they started too slow and couldn’t make up enough ground against very good teams night in night out. Don’t want it to be the Lakers.

I dont expect a horrible start, the west will be a dog fight but with a Bron and AD led team you simply want to get in fully healthy... I dont care what seed, no one wants to face a FULLY HEALTHY clicking Bron and AD in a series.

Edited by LACAS, Yesterday, 07:20 AM.

#74 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,989 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 AM

What you're just going to stop there? You know you want to keep going don't let us stop you lol

#75 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:42 PM

What you're just going to stop there? You know you want to keep going don't let us stop you lol

LOL... I think what he's trying to say is since 2012 only 4 players are better than a 34 year old 17 seasons in LeBron James.... LOL

Edited by LACAS, Today, 02:36 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#76 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

In regards to the LA fanbase sure, I agree with you but I wouldnt give 2 s---- about the fanatics, this team will get there regardless a slow start, this is a veteran led team which understands this is a marathon not a sprint and they'll be smart enough not to risk injuries too early on. With that said I believe a 15-5 start should come easy but Im not expecting it, too many new pieces, new system, summer hangover, out of game shape etc... NBA season starts are weird just as season openers.

But youre right a solid start would go a long way, I guess Im weird as I dont care as much, I know this team will get it... will it matter if they start the season 10-10 but win the ship?

I dont expect a horrible start, the west will be a dog fight but with a Bron and AD led team you simply want to get in fully healthy... I dont care what seed, no one wants to face a FULLY HEALTHY clicking Bron and AD in a series.

Unfortunately, it's the Lakers and perception is 9/10ths of reality.

With Ballmer spending millions on negative articles and PR to change perception in LA and increase the Clippers Marketability, we can't give him any ammunition.

I can almost guarantee that Ballmer has paid for drafts with headlines like:

LeBron and Vogel aren't speaking

LeBron prefers Kidd over Vogel

AD won't resign with Lakers over concerns of LeBron's Age

Vogel has lost the locker room

Kyle Kuzma has requested a trade

Kurt and Linda Rambis are running the Lakers

LeBron is feuding with AD

AD is better than LeBron or LeBron needs AD

AD wants his own team

Yada Yada...and I'm not joking about the drafts...

Ballmer paid more money for the Clippers than everyone on this board will make in their ENTIRE LIVES, COMBINED!  He's not leaving anything up to chance.  He's trying to drum up money for the new arena and the Lakers own most of the market share in the great Los Angeles Area.

It would be strange and stupid for Ballmer to NOT try to destroy the Lakers through the media.  And AEG?  I'd bet the Clippers want to have more influence with that group than the Lakers.  Proving they can win marketing will go a long way to accomplishing that.

As fans, we may not care about any of that but it's a very important battle that is going on behind the scenes.  Winning will almost assure our victory.  Struggling will boost the seeds Ballmer is sowing right now.

Edited by GCMD, Yesterday, 08:26 PM.

• LACAS likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users