#1 BynumLover

BynumLover

Rookie

• 141 posts
  • Name:Fábio Silva
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 29, 2019 - 02:10 PM

So on day 2, Avery Bradley stood out and Vogel said everyone was talking about his tenaciousness. Looking good

I think we have a wonderful team full of hungry guys that will give it all when they are out there.
LeBron also looks to be really locked in. I'm really keen on seeing him on the floor.
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

#2 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 1,121 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2019 - 06:08 PM

Quick question: For preseason is it the 15 member LAL squad or do they bring in G league guys?

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,386 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted September 30, 2019 - 12:02 AM

So on day 2, Avery Bradley stood out and Vogel said everyone was talking about his tenaciousness. Looking good

I think we have a wonderful team full of hungry guys that will give it all when they are out there.
LeBron also looks to be really locked in. I'm really keen on seeing him on the floor.

If Bradley, KCP and Green could hit the best version of themselves as 3pt-shooting defenders at the 1-3 spots with Lebron and AD at the 4 and 5 i think it'll be tough to beat us. 

#4 BynumLover

BynumLover

Rookie

• 141 posts
  • Name:Fábio Silva
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 01, 2019 - 03:18 AM

LeBron highlighted that D12 and Mcgee have been playing very well.

This is clearly bias to create a vision that one of them has to start so we can stop talking about AD at the 5.
  • GCMD and Persian Gulf like this

#5 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 873 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted October 02, 2019 - 03:58 PM

First preseason game is 10/5 at 5 PM vs the warriors.

#6 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 06, 2019 - 12:20 PM

Great looking start to the preseason.  I think we have the largest collective wingspan of starters in NBA History.

They did better setting ball screens for the "PG" than I thought they would.  This will pay high dividends later in the season, especially in the playoffs.

LeBron with a head of steam is almost unstoppable.  (See early ball screens)

AD and LeBron...makes me so mad that we couldn't land Kyrie or keep Lonzo.  I can't even explain how OP (over-powered) we'd be right now...

We've got things to figure out but if healthy, we are definitely a top 4 team this year.  It would be a shock if we don't make it to at least the WCF.

• -Wade-, LACAS and Adam like this

#7 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 873 posts

Posted October 06, 2019 - 04:32 PM

I remember like midway through the first quarter, AD sets a pick for a lebron on the wing and Lebron goes for the drive, Draymond Green steps out of the paint to contest Lebron's shot and he just drops it off for AD to come in for a running layup/dunk. damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Kyrie would have been awesome but we thought we had a legitimate chance at getting Kawhi and if the thunder didn't bail out the clippers, it's quite likely Kawhi would be a Laker right now. so with Kawhi we could have had a championship contending team for the next decade and with kyrie we'd be just a step below that...AD + Kyrie is still a very solid tandem. Honestly, idk how to feel about Kawhi/Kyrie right now. Just so darn excited for the season to get started and seeing AD in a laker uniform.

Great looking start to the preseason.  I think we have the largest collective wingspan of starters in NBA History.

They did better setting ball screens for the "PG" than I thought they would.  This will pay high dividends later in the season, especially in the playoffs.

AD and LeBron...makes me so mad that we couldn't land Kyrie or keep Lonzo.  I can't even explain how OP (over-powered) we'd be right now...

We've got things to figure out but if healthy, we are definitely a top 4 team this year.  It would be a shock if we don't make it to at least the WCF.

• GCMD likes this

#8 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts

Posted October 06, 2019 - 11:26 PM

I remember like midway through the first quarter, AD sets a pick for a lebron on the wing and Lebron goes for the drive, Draymond Green steps out of the paint to contest Lebron's shot and he just drops it off for AD to come in for a running layup/dunk. damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Kyrie would have been awesome but we thought we had a legitimate chance at getting Kawhi and if the thunder didn't bail out the clippers, it's quite likely Kawhi would be a Laker right now. so with Kawhi we could have had a championship contending team for the next decade and with kyrie we'd be just a step below that...AD + Kyrie is still a very solid tandem. Honestly, idk how to feel about Kawhi/Kyrie right now. Just so darn excited for the season to get started and seeing AD in a laker uniform.

Another guy I was pushing for...Bradley Beal.

Just imagine if we'd landed him with our cap space/Kuzma?  I know WAS had no reason to make that trade and of course, we had nothing much to offer but if that could have happened, we'd be in the NBA Finals for the next 4-5 years.

Back to reality:

LeBron should never have to work too hard to get open.  If our entire team works to keep defenders chasing LeBron instead forcing LeBron to get around/through the defense, LeBron will pick defenses apart and AD/McGee will average 10-30 dunks/lobs per game.

Keep setting on and off ball screens for LeBron and AD and Lakers will dominate the league for at least the next 2 years.

#9 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted October 08, 2019 - 01:06 PM

AB with the starters where LeBron has the ball in his hands all the time anyway makes sense.

Meanwhile, run Rondo with the second unit which he can basically control them as the floor general.

This was my thinking coming into the game on Saturday, but then I watched AB pick up two quick fouls and Rondo had to come in early and play with the starters.

He didn't miss a beat though and was a net positive regardless of the lineup he ran with.  

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#10 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,768 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 08, 2019 - 01:26 PM

It wouldn't be fair to the league for an all star team to be the Lakers!!

#11 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,989 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 09, 2019 - 09:35 AM

AB with the starters where LeBron has the ball in his hands all the time anyway makes sense.
Meanwhile, run Rondo with the second unit which he can basically control them as the floor general.

This was my thinking coming into the game on Saturday, but then I watched AB pick up two quick fouls and Rondo had to come in early and play with the starters.
He didn't miss a beat though and was a net positive regardless of the lineup he ran with.

Took me like 10 seconds to figure out you meant Avery Bradley haha
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#12 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 873 posts

Posted October 09, 2019 - 09:57 AM

so is the nets lakers game still on for thursday? 10.10.19?

or are they going to scrap that as well? there was supposed to be a game on saturday...i think there's enough time for them to fly back or maybe fly to india and get a game going there

#13 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 873 posts

Posted October 09, 2019 - 09:59 AM

something interesting to consider...the nets owner is a chineese businessman and he completed the purchase of the nets this year...and they have two games against the lakers in china and then we also have four games against the warriors...who just completed the building of their new arena....and what could be a bigger draw to the Chase arena than the warrios vs Anthony Davis and Lebron James?

• GCMD likes this

#14 LeDavis23

LeDavis23

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Name:Wile E. Coyote
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted October 09, 2019 - 10:36 AM

They need to come home...f them China games

• GCMD likes this

#15 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts

Posted October 09, 2019 - 04:40 PM

China has money but we have the best players in the world.

If they don't like what one guy said, forget China.  India has just as many people and a whole lot of cash.  Move the games to India or even JAPAN!!!

• -Wade- and Adam like this

#16 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 873 posts

Posted October 09, 2019 - 06:12 PM

lol i was thinking this too...adam silver gave his comments in Japan...we have games going on in india...

China has money but we have the best players in the world.

If they don't like what one guy said, forget China.  India has just as many people and a whole lot of cash.  Move the games to India or even JAPAN!!!

#17 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 1,121 posts

Posted October 09, 2019 - 07:10 PM

lol i was thinking this too...adam silver gave his comments in Japan...we have games going on in india...

Not to get political but it you don't stand your ground now, you are showing the opponent that your are weak and vurnearble. Stand the ground, and show the bully that you'll still survive and make end meet by taking the talent and showcasing in India, Japan, South Korea and other parts of Asia. If you have talent resources will come for you.

#18 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 1,121 posts

Posted October 10, 2019 - 06:18 AM

How did a Nets without Kyrie and Durant playing defeat LAL with LBJ, AD and all our stars?

#19 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 873 posts

Posted October 10, 2019 - 06:44 AM

Darn. Can't believe i missed the game but maybe it was for the best...should have checked the local time at least.

How did a Nets without Kyrie and Durant playing defeat LAL with LBJ, AD and all our stars?

I have no idea...I can only chalk it up to testing out rotations? 

Who watched this game?

• Persian Gulf likes this

#20 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 10, 2019 - 07:16 AM

They're playing in China, time zone is way off, lots of fouls and stop of clock in the 1st quarter which disrupted rhythm and game pace, guys looked sloppy, the scrubs played like scrubs etc.... it was just ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Bron & AD looked good enough for the 2nd preseason game.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users