Photo

Patrick Beverley Reportedly Gloated To LeBron About Kawhi Signing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,218 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 22, 2019 - 05:25 PM

The NBA has decided to change how they regulate tampering. Whether those harsher rules will lead to real change or simply to different circumvention is still yet to be seen.

Meanwhile, we have heard all the stories about how the Los Angeles Clippers landed both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Leonard was of course a major Los Angeles Lakers target, and it was disappointing for those in Lakerland that they didn’t land him.

Of course, Clippers guard Patrick Beverley was probably pretty happy about how things went, and now we have a story to back that up.

Speaking on Adrian Wojnarowski’s podcast this week, Brian Windhorst relate a story that he heard about Beverly celebrating around LeBron James after his team snagged Leonard.

As Windhorst tells the story, there were several groups of NBA players in private dining rooms at a restaurant in Las Vegas during summer league. Paul George was in one room, and James was in another. After hearing the news that the Clippers landed Leonard, Beverley walked into several rooms containing NBA players to gloat.

Via Woj Pod:

And so the deal actually gets done. [Adrian Wojnarowski reports] that Kawhi has not only agreed to sign with the Clippers, but the Clippers are trading half their future for Paul George, it’s a stunning development. And it all goes down while those players are at the same restaurant in various private rooms.

The story that I heard was that Patrick was making a beeline down the hallway of private rooms — sticking his head into all the rooms gloating about the Clippers’ giant haul — including into LeBron’s room.

This feels like it’s right on brand for Beverley.

Now the Clippers will need to prove they’re better than the Lakers on the court (and not just on paper).

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,386 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 22, 2019 - 09:32 PM

I dont give a tiny rats ass about Patrick Beverley.

• GCMD and DaSmoothOperator like this

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 23, 2019 - 08:30 AM

Pat is a pest and doesn't stop any star forward and certainly won't stop James.
  • GCMD, kray28 and DaSmoothOperator like this

ap1.png

#4 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,989 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 23, 2019 - 12:38 PM

I'm cool with whatever the league does in regards to harsher punishments for tampering so long as we are not singled out and punished for something a bunch of other teams are also doing. Not gonna hold my breath though. When I read about this a couple days ago my initial reaction was where was this anti-tampering sentiment when the Lakers sucked for 5 years? Now that we've got LeBron and Klutch it's a problem? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
  • GCMD and DaSmoothOperator like this

#5 PerseusKobe

PerseusKobe

Rookie

• 85 posts
  • Name:Perseus Kobe
  • Fan Since:since kobe bryant was drafted.
  • Fav. Laker:no other than Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2019 - 03:09 PM

Now the Clippers will need to prove they’re better than the Lakers on the court (and not just on paper).

we are better than clips on paper.

• GCMD, kray28 and DaSmoothOperator like this

1552fec.png

#6 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,309 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted September 23, 2019 - 04:15 PM

Um who cares lol

#7 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 24, 2019 - 01:57 AM

Clippers started tampering 18 months ago.  Everybody knew it and the NBA did nothing to stop it.

As long as Jeanie and Pelinka let Ballmer buy negative Lakers Coverage, he will continue to tamper and no one will even bat an eye.

Jeanie is finally learning what it's like to swim in the Adult's Section of the pool.

• Jackson and bfc1125roy like this

#8 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2019 - 12:55 PM

Meanwhile, we have heard all the stories about how the Los Angeles Clippers landed both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Leonard was of course a major Los Angeles Lakers target, and it was disappointing for those in Lakerland that they didn’t land him.

Of course, Clippers guard Patrick Beverley was probably pretty happy about how things went, and now we have a story to back that up.

Speaking on Adrian Wojnarowski’s podcast this week, Brian Windhorst relate a story that he heard about Beverly celebrating around LeBron James after his team snagged Leonard.

As Windhorst tells the story, there were several groups of NBA players in private dining rooms at a restaurant in Las Vegas during summer league. Paul George was in one room, and James was in another. After hearing the news that the Clippers landed Leonard, Beverley walked into several rooms containing NBA players to gloat.

Via Woj Pod:

This feels like it’s right on brand for Beverley.

Gonna get some popcorn to watch LeBron take out his anger in constructive basketball terms. 

we are better than clips on paper.

Our starting frontcourt: Lebron/AD/JaVale. 

Tell me how the Clippers will stop that..not on paper, on the actual court.

EDIT: Meant to quote the person you were replying to.

Edited by kray28, October 08, 2019 - 01:03 PM.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#9 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2019 - 12:57 PM

PBev's bull crap works on rookies like Lonzo. If he thinks it's gonna do anything now other than anger his betters, he's got another thing coming. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#10 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,768 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 08, 2019 - 02:39 PM

All Gloating is done post season, Son!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users