Photo

Move on from AD and bring Randle back...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:00 AM

Yes, that's right.  I said it.  Bring Randle back to the Lakers.

Randle can be a good 3rd-5th option type player who can get you 15/10 on a nightly basis.  Best part about it is we control whether we have a shot at him, not NOP.  He's a Free Agent.  Offer him 12-15M/year for 4 years with a team option on the 4th.  Let him play PF or C, depending on how the rest of the summer turns out.

That's the route I'd take instead of letting NOP use us for leverage all summer.

Edited by GCMD, May 17, 2019 - 10:01 AM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#2 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:10 AM

Randle's last year, he developed very good chemistry with Lonzo.  I believe he'd develop similar chemistry with LeBron.  2 tanks coming at you in the P&R?  Sold.

To be clear, I'm not saying Randle is better than or equal to AD.  I just don't see the need to prostitute ourselves out for a 5% chance (at best) for AD.  If the rest of the summer works out well, we will get our future Franschise player in Free Agency anyway.  No need to hold the door open for AD when we can get him next year if we want him that bad.  

If AD is the player you want taking over for LeBron, makes no sense to acquiesce to NOP's high demands.  Wait and get him on our terms.
If you want to build around LeBron right now, Free Agency makes more sense than this trade anyway.  We can still trade the kids to a team in a trade that has a chance, not this pipe dream.

#3 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:15 AM

The irony of this post lol

• Busty Bluth and dazz like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,653 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:35 AM

I agree they should move on but I don't know if Randle is it.   I mean we might as well bring back Lopez and DLo.....smh...

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,292 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:37 AM

Randle should be considered at the right price.

I'd much rather pay Lopez though.

#6 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:43 AM

The irony of this post lol

Guess you missed the "3rd -5th option" part?

Or the entire thread before Randle's last year with us describing the reasons we should be excited about Randle?

Of course you did.  You'd never act so intellectually dishonest, right?  

I'm not trying to change Randle or claim he's going to be a star for us.  This post is about moving on from AD, not praising Randle.  If you can't discern the difference, we should end this discussion right here.  And if you want to continue to discuss my past feelings about Randle, we can take it to PMs.  Please don't de-rail the thread.  Please and thank you.

#7 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:46 AM

Randle should be considered at the right price.

I'd much rather pay Lopez though.

Why?  I'm genuinely curious.  IMHO, Lopez is a decent player but his limitations are significant.  He looks good on a team that has 2 good-great, long defenders next to him (Giannis, Middleton).  To me, Bucks fit Lopez more than we do.  Offensively, we are looking to be fast and athletic and that's not Brook.

Edited by GCMD, May 17, 2019 - 10:46 AM.

#8 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,156 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:46 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of AD but getting him would be a step in the right direction. Lakers are almost at the point where they have to prove this franchise isn't a joke.

We shouldn't move on until a legit offer including our pick is turned down. Free agency is after the draft so there is no reason to no attempt to trade for AD prior to free agency.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#9 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:53 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of AD but getting him would be a step in the right direction. Lakers are almost at the point where they have to prove this franchise isn't a joke.

We shouldn't move on until a legit offer including our pick is turned down. Free agency is after the draft so there is no reason to no attempt to trade for AD prior to free agency.

I understand and share your concern but we can't offer more than NOP wants and NOP already knows everything we have.  If they wanted our offer, they would call us.  We aren't turning down any player or pick.  NOP isn't asking for our players or picks.

It's like you want to take buy a car bad but the dealership won't even put a price tag on it for you.  They won't even look at the check you keep trying to hand them.  They have your credit score, W-2 and list of financials but they just won't list the car.

You can't FORCE them to sell it to you, can you?

If they know what you have and they still don't offer you the car even though you've made it clear they can have almost everything (outside of LeBron), what do you think waiting will do? 

If NOP calls us and makes us an offer for AD, fine.  We should listen and try to work with them.  We should not wait around for that call.  AD is a great player but he's not as important as Free Agency nor is he the only player who could be available this summer.

#10 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:55 AM

Nothing makes a girl more interested than a man who has options.  We need to explore those other options.  If NOP decides to work with us, cool.  If not, we will have laid the ground work elsewhere for a 3rd star or even a good role player.

#11 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,156 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 17, 2019 - 11:11 AM

I understand and share your concern but we can't offer more than NOP wants and NOP already knows everything we have. If they wanted our offer, they would call us. We aren't turning down any player or pick. NOP isn't asking for our players or picks.

It's like you want to take buy a car bad but the dealership won't even put a price tag on it for you. They won't even look at the check you keep trying to hand them. They have your credit score, W-2 and list of financials but they just won't list the car.

You can't FORCE them to sell it to you, can you?

If they know what you have and they still don't offer you the car even though you've made it clear they can have almost everything (outside of LeBron), what do you think waiting will do?

If NOP calls us and makes us an offer for AD, fine. We should listen and try to work with them. We should not wait around for that call. AD is a great player but he's not as important as Free Agency nor is he the only player who could be available this summer.

A simple offer doesn't hurt at all. Especially considering that you can't sign free agents until after the draft. If AD isn't on this roster by the end of draft night then I agree with you but the team has to look like they have their [expletive] together to Lebron and possible free agents. Not offering NO any type of deal looks as though winning isn't our top priority. It's not on NO to come find us. The best thing for them would be convincing AD to stay.

Edited by KidRN, May 17, 2019 - 11:11 AM.

#12 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,435 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted May 17, 2019 - 11:13 AM

You could have just posted this in free agency thread
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#13 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 17, 2019 - 11:45 AM

LOL chill out fam...just messing with you

Guess you missed the "3rd -5th option" part?

Or the entire thread before Randle's last year with us describing the reasons we should be excited about Randle?

Of course you did.  You'd never act so intellectually dishonest, right?  

I'm not trying to change Randle or claim he's going to be a star for us.  This post is about moving on from AD, not praising Randle.  If you can't discern the difference, we should end this discussion right here.  And if you want to continue to discuss my past feelings about Randle, we can take it to PMs.  Please don't de-rail the thread.  Please and thank you.

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#14 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 11:53 AM

A simple offer doesn't hurt at all. Especially considering that you can't sign free agents until after the draft. If AD isn't on this roster by the end of draft night then I agree with you but the team has to look like they have their [expletive] together to Lebron and possible free agents. Not offering NO any type of deal looks as though winning isn't our top priority. It's not on NO to come find us. The best thing for them would be convincing AD to stay.

Can't sign Randle until after the draft too.  NOP knows we want AD.  Going to them does nothing if they aren't interested.

You could have just posted this in free agency thread

I could have and if mods want to merge the threads, that's fine.  Thanks for the response.

#15 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,956 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 17, 2019 - 12:30 PM

Yes, that's right.  I said it.  Bring Randle back to the Lakers.

Randle can be a good 3rd-5th option type player who can get you 15/10 on a nightly basis.  Best part about it is we control whether we have a shot at him, not NOP.  He's a Free Agent.  Offer him 12-15M/year for 4 years with a team option on the 4th.  Let him play PF or C, depending on how the rest of the summer turns out.

That's the route I'd take instead of letting NOP use us for leverage all summer.

Wow🤦‍♂️

Dr. Jekyll or is it Mr Hyde?

Can’t have it both ways. You were either wrong then or you are wrong now. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll choose for you. IT’S BOTH!

I would give Randle that money...sure. But not over Davis. Stop it.

Bye for now

#16 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,424 posts

Posted May 17, 2019 - 01:12 PM

Wow‍♂

Dr. Jekyll or is it Mr Hyde?

Can’t have it both ways. You were either wrong then or you are wrong now. ‍♂

I’ll choose for you. IT’S BOTH!

I would give Randle that money...sure. But not over Davis. Stop it.

Bye for now

You're making arguments I didn't make.  How do you expect to have a meaningful discussion?

And for the record, I was in favor of keeping Randle last year even if it meant moving Ingram...in fact, I was hoping we moved Ingram to keep Randle.  Don't act like you don't remember that.

Bye for now.

Edited by GCMD, May 17, 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#17 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted May 17, 2019 - 05:56 PM

I had to scroll back up and do a double take to see if the original poster was who I thought it was lol.

Good points that I agree with though. FO shouldn’t put all of their eggs in one AD basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#18 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 6,032 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2019 - 07:05 PM

Can we get Beal, Randle, Danny Green, and Seth Curry? 

That would be awesome, to have Randle, Kuzma, and Curry off the bench.

#19 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,435 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted May 17, 2019 - 10:00 PM

Can't sign Randle until after the draft too. NOP knows we want AD. Going to them does nothing if they aren't interested.

I could have and if mods want to merge the threads, that's fine. Thanks for the response.

your welcome
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#20 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,305 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted May 17, 2019 - 11:13 PM

Yea im still going after AD but i wouldnt mind Randle as a back up center.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users