Photo

Magic Johnson has stepped down from President of Basketball Ops of the Lakers.

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#421 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 13, 2019 - 12:50 PM

Hahaha

*mid press conference*

Pelinka: Lemme tell yall about this kitten in the jungle

• ArabicMamba and lakerfan98 like this

#422 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,821 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2019 - 01:13 PM

*mid press conference*

Pelinka: Lemme tell yall about this kitten in the jungle

i hate his storytelling

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

Lakers 4 Life. Cologne, Germany. 

#423 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,571 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 13, 2019 - 01:54 PM

Y'all do realize the elite players of this game have trained with Kobe and Kobe continually trains with people during the summer?

Some of y'all don't understand when someone has trainned their whole life perfecting skills and being a leader that translates to being able to share that knowledge with others. It's not even a major role for Kobe and it's passing down the torch which is something all greats talk about. Kobe wouldn't be the only trainer and I wouldn't want him in an executive role, I'd rather him help build skills and mentality. When Kobe improved his post game - who did he go too?

Kobe is going to be a part of the franchise knowing Jeanie. I'd rather him be involved in player development than consulting on moves or who the team should hire

I get what you're trying to say and I agree.

IF Kobe had anything to do with the Franchise, I'd rather it be on the bench helping to mentor and groom players in a developmental role than Kobe - The Executive.

#424 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,269 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2019 - 02:45 PM

ConcreteGreatCod-size_restricted.gif

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#425 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 13, 2019 - 02:57 PM

If Im Kobe and they consider offering me PBO I dont take the job unless there's an ownership deal involved.  No way you save a franchise like this w/o getting in on the real cut.  

• -Wade- and K-Kris like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#426 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted April 13, 2019 - 08:45 PM

The only way Kibe should take this job is if he fires Pelinka, bring in somebody like Jerry, hire a co-pbo and then step down. Lol

#427 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,153 posts

Posted April 14, 2019 - 05:00 PM

There is a timeline that exists where Pelinka proves all the doubters wrong. I don’t know if he can get over being disliked by everyone around the league, but maybe that’s why you bring in an experienced GM for to work under you.

There’s been speculation that his plan is to bring the Lakers up to date. We all know they don’t rely on analytics, have a subpar training staff, and are in desperate need of someone with basketball knowledge in the GM role.

He’s smart, and appears to be dedicated. I might just be talking him up because I’ve accepted that Jeanie won’t let him go, but I’m willing to be optimistic about it. Provided there are no more biblical references or story telling.

“I’d venture to guess most people in the room are familiar with stories in the book of genesis” ....bruh lol
  • FranklinPeanuts, LakeShow1o1 and K-Kris like this

#428 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,587 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 14, 2019 - 05:09 PM

So all of Pelinkas counterparts who compete with him directly do not like him? Imagine that.

#429 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted April 14, 2019 - 06:49 PM

There is a timeline that exists where Pelinka proves all the doubters wrong. I don’t know if he can get over being disliked by everyone around the league, but maybe that’s why you bring in an experienced GM for to work under you.

There’s been speculation that his plan is to bring the Lakers up to date. We all know they don’t rely on analytics, have a subpar training staff, and are in desperate need of someone with basketball knowledge in the GM role.

He’s smart, and appears to be dedicated. I might just be talking him up because I’ve accepted that Jeanie won’t let him go, but I’m willing to be optimistic about it. Provided there are no more biblical references or story telling.

“I’d venture to guess most people in the room are familiar with stories in the book of genesis” ....bruh lol

I'm with it. That is what I'm trying. Magic had 3 yrs or 2.5, so I guess Pelinka gets his chance. We shall see with his upcoming moves this offseason starting with the training staff, coach, draft night and free agency.

#430 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,587 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 14, 2019 - 07:20 PM

We were Back. But we weren't Back, Back.

#431 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 14, 2019 - 11:03 PM

Lol cmon guys. We've seen this episode so many times that were now willingly taking everything up the ass.

#432 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted April 15, 2019 - 01:41 PM

trading Zubac for peanuts, letting Randle walk, trading Dlo for Lopez and let Lopez walk.  signed Rondo, Lance Stephenson and company for 22M.  only saving grace was Lebron signing (because of Lebron, not because of Pelinka or Magic).  We basically wasted 2 years of tanking for nothing because him.  but we need to give him more chances.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#433 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted April 15, 2019 - 01:41 PM

i know Clipper and NOP loves him to death.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#434 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,571 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:40 PM

If Pelinka is going to be the next PBO, go ahead and make it official.  Let the search for GM begin so we can start recruiting/negotiating with 2019 Free Agents.

And yes, 2019 Free Agent Negotiations have already begun...unofficially.

• bfc1125roy and MambaMentality like this

#435 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:51 PM

https://www.cbssport...f-front-office/

#436 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,571 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:57 PM

I think I'm going to be sick...

I normally hate the Laker-Hate Click-Bait but this hits too close to home...

Edited by GCMD, April 16, 2019 - 05:57 PM.

• MambaMentality likes this

#437 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:59 PM

so do i, but i feel the same way.

I think I'm going to be sick...

I normally hate the Laker-Hate Click-Bait but this hits too close to home...

• GCMD likes this

#438 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,195 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2019 - 06:34 PM

so do i, but i feel the same way.

It is so beyond bad, total lack of management.

• MambaMentality likes this

#439 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,772 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 17, 2019 - 09:18 AM

Maybe time to admit that some/most of the "click bait" articles over the past 5-6 years were more accurate than we'd like to believe. Personally, I'm done defending this organization. When I read something anti-Laker from a credible source I don't assume it's some smear campaign or conspiracy I assume it's at least based on some truth.

Edited by lakerfan98, April 17, 2019 - 09:31 AM.

• Jackson likes this

#440 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,153 posts

Posted April 17, 2019 - 10:53 AM

Ralph Mason
@ArashMarkazi just confirmed what @ColinCowherd said regarding Lakers PBO on the Herd "Yes, Rob will not get #1 job... I think its someone who's currently working for a playoff team, who's built a playoff team"

Fwiw Arash's boss at LA Times is Dr Patrick Soon (part owner of LAL)

Edited by Massacre, April 17, 2019 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users