Photo

Lakers explored leaving Staples Center for return to Forum, emails reveal.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,552 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 14, 2019 - 11:06 AM

https://www.latimes....0314-story.html

Also a little tidbit about Balmers in the emails. Ballz = Balmer 

Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?? He will have nothing but Clippers basketball. Whoopee

• -Wade- and bfc1125roy like this

#2 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2019 - 11:12 AM

LOL Jeanie is on a roll!

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,332 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2019 - 11:13 AM

There has been a whole lot of "leaks" from the Lakers oranization for a minute down. WOW. I remember when somebody her said they should sell the the franchise. It sounds like it is about that time. Sell, and build from scratch.. KEEP RYAN WEST AND JESSE. All this garbage is messy at this point. Everything bad that is bad, is coming out. Waiting for a sex scandal next

#4 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 14, 2019 - 12:26 PM

Thats would be awesome if they went back to the Wood
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#5 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 14, 2019 - 01:27 PM

If the Clippers land two big free agents this Summer, I would say Lakers brand might be compromised (to a degree).  It's hard to believe in the Clippers until they actually do something, but I would take Steve Ballmer seriously.  He's got Jerry West, and if they land Kawhi.....

Playing some games at the Forum would be cool, but STAPLES is right on the Metro Expo line in the heart of downtown LA.  It's a train that you can ride with your family from the Westside (which is the nicer part of LA).  I don't see a move back to the Forum, but the idea of playing some games there, heck yes.

Edited by BigBaller, March 14, 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#6 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,652 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 01:29 PM

If the Clippers land two big free agents this Summer, I would say Lakers brand might be compromised (to a degree).  It's hard to believe in the Clippers until they actually do something, but I would take Steve Ballmer seriously.  He's got Jerry West, and if they land Kawhi.....

They landed CP3 with Griffin and a good coach and did nothing....not worried about them...

• Busty Bluth and Persian Gulf like this

#7 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 01:48 PM

Past doesn't necessarily equal the future.  Now that Lakerfans are divided between Kobefans (LeBron haters) and authentic Lakerfans, I think you will see a lot of Kobefans bandwagoning over to the Clippers next season, especially if they land two big fish. 

They landed CP3 with Griffin and a good coach and did nothing....not worried about them...

Edited by BigBaller, March 14, 2019 - 01:50 PM.

#8 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2019 - 02:12 PM

This will be seen and interpreted as if like the Clippers ran the Lakers out of Staples and claimed it as their own turf.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#9 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,293 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 14, 2019 - 02:32 PM

lol, "explored" 

The only team that needs to leave is the clippers to San Diego or Seattle. 

• Saber and kray28 like this

Make Lakers Great Again. 

#10 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,652 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 03:23 PM

Past doesn't necessarily equal the future.  Now that Lakerfans are divided between Kobefans (LeBron haters) and authentic Lakerfans, I think you will see a lot of Kobefans bandwagoning over to the Clippers next season, especially if they land two big fish. 

No, Laker Fans are Laker fans.....meaning you don't get the praise until AFTER YOU DELIVER.   EMPTY STATS dont deliver

• Busty Bluth and lonlyamongus like this

#11 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,956 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 14, 2019 - 06:29 PM

Staples is overrated and getting outdated. I’d rather they redo the forum more history there.

Bye for now
  • BORNINLA and BigBaller like this

#12 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,956 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 14, 2019 - 06:37 PM

I don’t see them leaving except if maybe they offer the Buss family a stake in the Fabulous Forum. It’s a negotiation tactic. Clippers, Kings and Sparks can’t fill it up and make the money like the Lakers do.

Bye for now

#13 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:22 PM

IN any event, we're seeing a lot of Kobefans dropping off the Lakers.  They don't like LeBron.  Actually there are lots of LeBron haters on this forum.  My guess is that some of those Kobefans will find a natural fit as Clipperfans, assuming #Ballmer lands a couple big fish in FA.

No, Laker Fans are Laker fans.....meaning you don't get the praise until AFTER YOU DELIVER.   EMPTY STATS dont deliver

#14 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:35 PM

IN any event, we're seeing a lot of Kobefans dropping off the Lakers.  They don't like LeBron.  Actually there are lots of LeBron haters on this forum.  My guess is that some of those Kobefans will find a natural fit as Clipperfans, assuming #Ballmer lands a couple big fish in FA.

U r dumb af, we are here as Laker fans not as Lebron or Kobe fans.  Most of us have been Lakers fan before Kobe was even drafted.  so fk off Lebron boy.

Edited by lonlyamongus, March 14, 2019 - 09:37 PM.

• BORNINLA likes this

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#15 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 10:26 PM

But for the lack of public transportation, Forum would be a cool venue.  I think it would be soooo cool to have a handful of games played there every year.  It will never happen, but OH would that be cool!!!!  I have actually been to games at the old fab Forum...way back in the day.  

Old school LA local here...  :glasses:

Staples is overrated and getting outdated. I’d rather they redo the forum more history there.

Bye for now

#16 I Love Lebron

I Love Lebron

I suck Lebron's toes.

• 12,067 posts

Posted March 15, 2019 - 05:44 AM

Forum is a run down piece of [expletive].
  • Busty Bluth likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#17 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,435 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 15, 2019 - 08:24 AM

So the lakers invested in all these statues at staples to then leave. Not buying these stupid emails crap
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#18 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,435 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 15, 2019 - 08:27 AM

U r dumb af, we are here as Laker fans not as Lebron or Kobe fans. Most of us have been Lakers fan before Kobe was even drafted. so fk off Lebron boy.

chill the fk out he has a point. Many so call laker fans jump shipped when Shaq got traded and became heat fans. So their is people who cheer for the name in the back
  • Busty Bluth likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#19 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,660 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 15, 2019 - 10:14 AM

U r dumb af, we are here as Laker fans not as Lebron or Kobe fans. Most of us have been Lakers fan before Kobe was even drafted. so fk off Lebron boy.

Dude seriously? The guy is an obvious troll. Tone it down and quit doing exactly what he wants you to do.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#20 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 15, 2019 - 10:39 AM

Dude seriously? The guy is an obvious troll. Tone it down and quit doing exactly what he wants you to do.

well i can't stand him making dumb comments.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users