#21 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,121 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 12, 2019 - 09:56 AM

Are Laker fans still really pointing their fingers at the youth movement?

Ingram was on an absolute tear following the All-Star break.

Lonzo was probably on track to being first team All-Defense 

Kuzma has improved as a defender and his offensive arsenal is coming along

The only young piece I've been disappointed in is Josh Hart, but even he has had lingering health problems.

Just accept the fact that we've been injury ridden.  This team was the 4th seed prior to Bron initially going out. 

They looked as if they had finally found some chemistry and were firing on all cylinders when BOOM, it all came crashing down due to health issues.

Yes this team was poorly constructed to start, but the youth we had is what allowed us to play at a high pace and also gave some financial freedom.
The FO simply made poor moves.  Rather than signing serviceable players such as Randle and Brook at a discounted rate, they chose to pay Rondo, McGee, and Lance a combined $19+ million.

I thought it would work cause those guys are known to be gritty and hustle type players, but all they provided was subtle sparks every now and then.

It's the same few posters that consistently regurgitate that we need a star and should have traded for one when in reality, the deal was never even in place to begin with.

Kawhi is killing it in Toronto, how so you say?  Because Toronto has great depth.  They've gotten amazing production from guys like Siakim, Green, Ibaka, and even Vanfleet when he was healthy.

The game of basketball is much more than just Stars.  Especially in this day and age where so many teams have crazy talent.

• DaSmoothOperator and Jackson like this

#22 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,502 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 12, 2019 - 11:35 AM

If his career had ended, sure.

Are you saying it was a mistake to keep the kids since they all got injured this year and Ingram has a medical condition/situation that could end hiNo one could predict injuries, but it spilled milk now lets dump the remaining games and get a slightly better draft spot! imo it'd be better than the playoffs with a drum and fife team! Our scouting department has been excellent lets see what they come up with as mentioned elsewhere I favor Bol Bol out of Was he 7'2" and has averaged 25ppg! Plus blocks and rebounds he is still raw for NBA but a great pick imo!

#23 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,339 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 12, 2019 - 12:16 PM

With the Lakers, more than any other team in sports, there tends to be too much going on than just basketball. But that's just the way it is, that's the way it should be... But... we need to steer it a little more in the direction of pure basketball, and incremental improvements. All this stuff now about blowing up the whole thing is an overreaction as of right now. Let's close out the season the best we can, then draft the best we can to our current needs. It's that simple. We don't have to create another fiasco for AD or Zion or a fiasco for the sake of creating a fiasco... Let's steer this ship a little more towards pure basketball

Translation:

1. Luke's ass is gone

1) Bring in a better coach

2) Fill the hole at the PF/4. If nothing materializes with free agency, then just draft the best we can. An actual stretch 4, someone who puts the "power" in power forward yet still has all the skills you need in today's game. Look to our G-League team if we have to and develop what we have. Yes it sounds boring but those are common sense basketball moves that every other franchise makes.

3) DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!! Who is the best defensive coordinator in the world right now (where its realistic for him/her to be on the coaching staff) well bring them on board. Lets go

I think if we do this and try to Eh remain competitive this season we'll be fine.................................. The whole thing is [expletive]ed, I know, but you gotta start somewhere

TBH, if they are bring in a new coach to replace Luke, most likely it would be Lue -- The yes man to Lebron.  You really think Lue is a better coach? 

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#24 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 12, 2019 - 04:28 PM

LeBron should be able to choose his Coach, he runs the NBA.    If you look back at the kids we had, I would say Randle and DLO were both great young kids, but they didn't have the veteran leadership to support their growth.  Bryant could have done a better job in that regard.

DLO would be a great fit with LeBron.  I'm sure Bron is watching him like damn....we could have done good things together! 

Lakerfans overhyped the youth though, no doubt.  Look at this PG the Clippers have in Shai Gilgeous.  6'6" with 7' wingspan, smooth as silk!  

#25 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,830 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 12, 2019 - 09:16 PM

Dlo is trash

ap1.png

#26 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2019 - 08:24 AM

LeBron should be able to choose his Coach, he runs the NBA.    If you look back at the kids we had, I would say Randle and DLO were both great young kids, but they didn't have the veteran leadership to support their growth.  Bryant could have done a better job in that regard.

DLO would be a great fit with LeBron.  I'm sure Bron is watching him like damn....we could have done good things together! 

Lakerfans overhyped the youth though, no doubt.  Look at this PG the Clippers have in Shai Gilgeous.  6'6" with 7' wingspan, smooth as silk!  

In the Lakers defense, they have a smooth as silk player with a 7'2" wingspan in BI.  Lue wouldn't be a worse coach than Luke, he at worst has LeBron's respect, but you could also do far far better by not getting an NBA retread, or at least surround him with amazing assistants and then he is fine, any coach is really.

#27 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,830 posts

Posted March 13, 2019 - 08:49 AM

In the Lakers defense, they have a smooth as silk player with a 7'2" wingspan in BI. Lue wouldn't be a worse coach than Luke, he at worst has LeBron's respect, but you could also do far far better by not getting an NBA retread, or at least surround him with amazing assistants and then he is fine, any coach is really.

you're right. It's all a out the entire staff not just the HC. Which guy attracts a better staff?

ap1.png

#28 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,339 posts

Posted March 13, 2019 - 09:44 AM

In the Lakers defense, they have a smooth as silk player with a 7'2" wingspan in BI.  Lue wouldn't be a worse coach than Luke, he at worst has LeBron's respect, but you could also do far far better by not getting an NBA retread, or at least surround him with amazing assistants and then he is fine, any coach is really.

lol Luke might be bad with rotation.  but Lue?  You two should go have a LueBron moment together and forget about basketball altogether. 

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#29 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,098 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 13, 2019 - 11:01 AM

Lue is ready to be no.23 bih. Yes No.23, No sirno.23... May I wash you jersey No.23? Please.. Yes sir.. You coach, I will just play the role. I don't understand how I lost my job after you left, I did all you told me to do. Anyway.. I am ready to be your lapd... I mean the coach of this team *wink wink*

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,614 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2019 - 12:17 PM

Ty Lue was a solid coach, Laker and Phil background...not really a bad fit overall tbh

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 13, 2019 - 01:38 PM

Ty Lue was a solid coach, Laker and Phil background...not really a bad fit overall tbh

If we're open to hiring Ty Lue, I say we might as well and keep Luke. Ty Lue was pretty much a Lebron yes man in Cleveland until proven otherwise. I would like for Ty Lue to go to a different team, lead it to the playoffs to disprove this notion.

#32 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,830 posts

Posted March 13, 2019 - 02:29 PM

If we're open to hiring Ty Lue, I say we might as well and keep Luke. Ty Lue was pretty much a Lebron yes man in Cleveland until proven otherwise. I would like for Ty Lue to go to a different team, lead it to the playoffs to disprove this notion.

I'd rather have mark Jackson than lue or Luke. Mark isn't a punk and I think he's open to learning.

ap1.png

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,614 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2019 - 05:05 PM

That's not even remotely true from what's been reported and written about.  Ty Lue also was an assistant on playoff teams for 5 years before becoming a coach.  Luke was a Jeanie fav and road Kerr's wave for a season. 

Unless you're going to buy into the notion that Lebron can win regardless of the coach Lue had a lot to do with them winning it all.  His approach to coaching has never been in question like Luke's.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#34 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,098 posts

Posted March 13, 2019 - 07:31 PM

I question it. He was an assistant coach on a playoff team? Heck, Luke was too. The difference really was, having another allstar in Kyrie and half of one in Kevin Love. Take a way no.23 and Kyrie and Lue did nothing and he got fired. They did him a favor by doing that

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, March 13, 2019 - 07:32 PM.

• Jackson likes this

#35 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2019 - 09:54 PM

Ty Lue is a far more accomplished coach than Luke. He isn’t good but he is light years beyond Luke. Guy has a ring by beating the best regular season team in history and went to multiple finals compared to Luke who has done stone nothing.

#36 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,098 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 06:56 AM

Far more accomplished than Luke still is not saying much and I would pass on him too. You may as well keep Luke instead of bringing another former retread Laker player. Hiring him would be a side step rather than a forward step. PASS

#37 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 14, 2019 - 03:22 PM

I question it. He was an assistant coach on a playoff team? Heck, Luke was too. The difference really was, having another allstar in Kyrie and half of one in Kevin Love. Take a way no.23 and Kyrie and Lue did nothing and he got fired. They did him a favor by doing that

This right here.

#38 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,339 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 03:41 PM

Lue w/o Bron was 0-6, and got fired lol.  granted his roster was crap, but they got killed by Atl while having K Love was a pretty good indicator that his coaching was not that great.  

Ty Lue is a far more accomplished coach than Luke. He isn’t good but he is light years beyond Luke. Guy has a ring by beating the best regular season team in history and went to multiple finals compared to Luke who has done stone nothing.

#39 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Sixth Man

• 3,150 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 15, 2019 - 06:28 PM

The king has failed, throw the failure to the kids. In other words, be Byron Scott.

#40 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,502 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 16, 2019 - 03:05 PM

Sorry Lakeshow101 I don't agree with keeping Brook he was virtually non existent on 
Defense esp at the end of last season he wasn't into the youth movement and is better off in the Eastern Conference as is Dlo who BTW isn't a true all star but a Commis appointee never the less we should look forward as this season slips out.  I have been looking for possible draft selectees,  but alas the coach didn't play Bol Bol yesterday, this happens as I looked at him needing some G league time any ways, now looking to J Porter out of Missouri projected pick from Tankathon! Want to see Brandon Clarke too!  Go Lakers!!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, March 16, 2019 - 03:06 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users