Photo

Jerry West ("The Logo") vs. Magic Johnson, who you got? (Article)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 316 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 05, 2019 - 06:20 PM

https://www.nba.com/...collection=news

And oh, it’ll get even sweeter for the Clippers if they have a better summer than the Lakers, too, when it will be Jerry West vs. Magic Johnson.

Suddenly, any and all is possible, because these are not your Donald Sterling Clippers. Based on three-fourths of a season's worth of evidence, you wonder if and when these will ever be your Jerry Buss Lakers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LeBron's Lakers may inspire other superstars to join the Clippers.  Time will tell.  If I'm putting my money on West or Magic, I gotta go with The Logo

#2 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,870 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 07:14 PM

Jerry West drafted Kobe Bryant and put together the greatest duo of all-time that would’ve won 4-5+ rings at minimum if not for clashing personalities. He’s the GOAT executive and there’s no close second.

The Lakers made a mistake in turning him down in hindsight. Maginka wanted to do things on their own and didn’t want to be in his shadow...much like the Clippers are right now. They have a good front office, but everyone gives credit to Jerry West whenever they make a move.

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,870 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 07:16 PM

I think Magic did good last season...I was very confident with them moving forward. He dropped the ball this season, though. Let’s see how he and Rob rebound this summer.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#4 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,284 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 05, 2019 - 07:34 PM

I still have support for Magic and Rob. but they have a barrier to over come this summer. 

#5 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 316 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 05, 2019 - 07:48 PM

Jerry West absolutely had a strong influence on selecting players (SGA) and probably saw something in Landry Shamet.  If any FA meet with the Clippers this Summer, you can guarantee that he will be present at the meeting.  He is the man, the myth, and all that....

I'm not aware that LAL had the option of signing Jerry West.  On the contrary, I think he chose to challenge himself by joining LAC.  As I mentioned above, superstar free agents may join the Clippers this Summer in order to dethrone King James.  A big maybe, but a real possibility.

Jerry West drafted Kobe Bryant and put together the greatest duo of all-time that would’ve won 4-5+ rings at minimum if not for clashing personalities. He’s the GOAT executive and there’s no close second.

The Lakers made a mistake in turning him down in hindsight. Maginka wanted to do things on their own and didn’t want to be in his shadow...much like the Clippers are right now. They have a good front office, but everyone gives credit to Jerry West whenever they make a move.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users