12 replies to this topic

#1 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,655 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 04, 2019 - 09:54 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers and free agent Carmelo Anthony are pausing talks on a possible contract agreement unless the franchise makes a turn back toward pursuit of Western Conference playoffs contention, league sources told ESPN.

The Lakers had been leaning toward signing Anthony for the rest of the season -- until losses in four of the past five games left the organization and Anthony's camp wondering if it made sense to bring the veteran into an unsettled environment with suddenly so little chance of making the playoffs, league sources said.

http://www.espn.com/...ause-deal-talks

#2 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,807 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:09 AM

at this point of the season, i dont really care

they can bring andre ingram back lol

Lakers 4 Life. Cologne, Germany. 

#3 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 04, 2019 - 03:56 PM

That’s cool sit at home then.

Bye for now

#4 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2019 - 04:21 PM

Man. Melo could have put us over the top. :)
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#5 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 654 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2019 - 05:06 PM

Blessing in disguise tbh

#6 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 05, 2019 - 12:07 PM

nobody wanted Melo. 

Just another Lebron Laker hater trying to paint the Lakers in a negative light.  

#7 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,911 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 05, 2019 - 07:29 PM

nobody wanted Melo.

Just another Lebron Laker hater trying to paint the Lakers in a negative light.

where were you posting before April

ap1.png

#8 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 08:32 PM

Get over yourself.  I didn't post anywhere.  I'm an LA native, living in LA, and Lakers season ticket holder.  

where were you posting before April

#9 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 654 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted March 05, 2019 - 08:48 PM

We'll be fine in the end. It's not a big deal. We werent gonna win the chip anyways so who cares. And Jeanie isn't selling her or her family's stake in the team. Period. It's irrespective of money. The Lakers are ingratiated in their very being.

Jeanie also has a personal bond/connection with Magic. That job is his for as long as he wants, and tbh, he took that job as a favor, it was beneath him, someone of the stature and history of Magic Johnson should be running/involved with a hedge fund like Kobe or making major corporate moves like Jordan. This was below him, and he did it because he loved the Lakers, and now he's being chastised. It's stupid. I'm gonna stay on this sinking ship with Magic, I don't give a damn. And that's what LeBron is thinking too.

Them possibly bringing in outside help to the front office is a possibility, rumblings about Rob Pelinka, ehh, maybe, but probably not.

I have a feeling the Jeanie/Magic/Pelinka front office dynamic will make at least one more go at it next season, when Magic institutes his own choice of coach, makes changes, and possibly brings in another free agent; we bring in more draft picks, etc. 

Whatever

It'll all work out in the end. The games are bearable enough. I'm looking at my Spectrum bill and kinda getting my money's worth. Not really, but its not bad enough to make me mad. I think.

Whatever. Still better than being a sorry ass Clippers or Warriors fan

When the playoffs start I hope Giannis kicks everyone's ass.................................................... Swerve!

Edited by dbtbandit67, March 05, 2019 - 08:56 PM.

• Xinxin and ArabicMamba like this

#10 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 09:46 PM

Agree 100%, and good to see another real Lakerfan on this forum who supports two Laker legends, Magic & LeBron.   It's going to take us awhile to recover from bryant's 17 win season, a low point for the franchise.  We are on the rise!  

We'll be fine in the end. It's not a big deal. We werent gonna win the chip anyways so who cares. And Jeanie isn't selling her or her family's stake in the team. Period. It's irrespective of money. The Lakers are ingratiated in their very being.

Jeanie also has a personal bond/connection with Magic. That job is his for as long as he wants, and tbh, he took that job as a favor, it was beneath him, someone of the stature and history of Magic Johnson should be running/involved with a hedge fund like Kobe or making major corporate moves like Jordan. This was below him, and he did it because he loved the Lakers, and now he's being chastised. It's stupid. I'm gonna stay on this sinking ship with Magic, I don't give a damn. And that's what LeBron is thinking too.

Them possibly bringing in outside help to the front office is a possibility, rumblings about Rob Pelinka, ehh, maybe, but probably not.

I have a feeling the Jeanie/Magic/Pelinka front office dynamic will make at least one more go at it next season, when Magic institutes his own choice of coach, makes changes, and possibly brings in another free agent; we bring in more draft picks, etc. 

Whatever

It'll all work out in the end. The games are bearable enough. I'm looking at my Spectrum bill and kinda getting my money's worth. Not really, but its not bad enough to make me mad. I think.

Whatever. Still better than being a sorry ass Clippers or Warriors fan

When the playoffs start I hope Giannis kicks everyone's ass.................................................... Swerve!

#11 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,552 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 06, 2019 - 10:58 AM

Man. Melo could have put us over the top. :)

Don't get fooled Melo hasn't been relevant in years, plays less defense than Harden the Traffic Cone; lol! Glad he;s not here it's not a retirement home! 

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, March 06, 2019 - 10:59 AM.

#12 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,911 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 06, 2019 - 11:04 AM

Get over yourself. I didn't post anywhere. I'm an LA native, living in LA, and Lakers season ticket holder.

if you don't know about the elote man by dodgers stadium then you're not a native. Lol too bad James can't coast into the playoffs like he did in the east

Edited by RobBlake, March 06, 2019 - 11:06 AM.

ap1.png

#13 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,246 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted March 09, 2019 - 12:08 AM

Reality check:  this is not a team on the rise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users