229 replies to this topic

#101 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 664 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 15, 2019 - 11:08 AM

Honestly dude, I don't really need or want my cable TV package anymore with Spectrum Lakers channel.

If this is the way things are gonna be, maybe Verizon has a cable TV deal. And I sure as [expletive] would not buy tickets at the Staples Center anymore until I saw positive changes take place. Me and my family spent so much money to watch the Lakers lose to the Clippers on December 28th. Most of them not even being NBA fans were like, "Lonzo Ball is weak."

#102 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 839 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted April 15, 2019 - 01:10 PM

Honestly dude, I don't really need or want my cable TV package anymore with Spectrum Lakers channel.

At least you get the Dodgers channel? (Unlike 70% of households in LA county)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#103 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,204 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 15, 2019 - 11:08 PM

Jeanie's keeping Pelinka over Bob Myers. And that is all we need to know.

Said it for a while now, but the fish rots from the head down, and things don't get better till she steps down.

Being married to former Laker Kurt and being a friend of Jeanie's. 

I agree that Jeanie is a major part of the problem, which was clear the second she gave Kobe that extension a few years back.

But lets just see how this plays out. If she hires Kurt Rambis and we get another wasted year i think she is going to be remembered as the one who tore down what her father built.

In my opinion we need someone like Bob Meyers or Sam Hinkie to run the show. A stat-geek. As for coaching we need someone who knows what the hell they're doing and not just a name. Monty Williams is just a name.

#104 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 839 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted April 16, 2019 - 12:50 PM

Jeanie's keeping Pelinka over Bob Myers. And that is all we need to know.

Said it for a while now, but the fish rots from the head down, and things don't get better till she steps down.

Being married to former Laker Kurt and being a friend of Jeanie's. 

I agree that Jeanie is a major part of the problem, which was clear the second she gave Kobe that extension a few years back.

But lets just see how this plays out. If she hires Kurt Rambis and we get another wasted year i think she is going to be remembered as the one who tore down what her father built.

In my opinion we need someone like Bob Meyers or Sam Hinkie to run the show. A stat-geek. As for coaching we need someone who knows what the hell they're doing and not just a name. Monty Williams is just a name.

I believe Jeanie is loyal to a fault (Rambis, Luke, Magic, Ms. Rambis) unlike her dad. She gave Kobe that “thank you” contract whereas with her dad, he was making Shaq run down the court yelling “Pay me!” He had no issues separating business from personal ties/loyalty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#105 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 02:08 PM

Oh hey, I’ve been saying for years that this bimbo is a grade A dip[expletive], and only now are people catching on. Here’s Ireland on the situation:

https://lakeshowlife...rs-jeanie-buss/

We are [expletive]ed.

#106 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 02:13 PM

In case you needed further confirmation that Linda [expletive]ing Rambis is a key decision maker:

https://mobile.twitt...995738968694785

#107 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,153 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 03:38 PM

This Kurt/Linda Rambis stuff is really irritating. Team is coming off one of its most disappointing seasons and she’s giving Kurt Rambis power in the front office according to multiple Lakers insiders.

Lol I hope they suck next season, too.

All the qualified people out there in the basketball world, all the guys who would kill to be in charge of putting this team on top...it’s not a stretch to say Jeanie can convince anyone out there to take this job. But her right hand is her unqualified basketball wife best friend and they came up with the great idea of not hiring anyone AND giving Kurt Rambis an actual role.

Get over this childish “these are our Lakers” mentality.

Edited by Massacre, April 16, 2019 - 03:39 PM.

#108 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 6,054 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2019 - 03:42 PM

Kurt Rambis is a damn cockroach can't seem to get rid of the dude. 

This isn't a mom and pop shop anymore. It's a multibillion dollar corporation and needs to be treated like one, desperately. 

• GCMD likes this

#109 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,772 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 16, 2019 - 03:43 PM

This literally makes me ill.
  • GCMD likes this

#110 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2019 - 04:52 PM

Wow, Jeanie Buss will be our downfall.

I feel bad for LeBron and the rest of the team.

#111 Mobile Gundam

Mobile Gundam

O WORM

• 12,099 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 04:55 PM

Where’s Kevin Ding?

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#112 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,656 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:23 PM

Y’all sound foolish. Kurt Rambis wasn’t the best coach but he can be adequate in this position.

We have Lebron , 4 decent kids, 3 with All Star ceilings. Lebron can attract a FA hopefully and then sign shooters. It’s not hard.

#113 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:25 PM

lebron and klutch wouldn't even want to LeGM this situation, but i bet they would do better than jeanie. idiocracy.

#114 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,384 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:30 PM

The mistake that nearly all the buss kids make is that they think they know basketball. They do not. Only Dr. Buss knew basketball and the kids are just posers. That’s why Jeanie will never give full control to anyone in the POBO role. Sad, but true.

I wouldn't even necessarily say Dr. Buss knew basketball...

He benefited largely from being in LA, his name, and his wallet.  Back then was simply a different time.  Sure Buss was a great businessman and knew how to sell a team, but it's just a different league now.

#115 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,384 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:31 PM

I honestly think Magic is just going to have a tell all.

That public thank you and appreciation of Lina and Kurt via Twitter is a calculated move.

Pretty funny tbh.

#116 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,571 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:53 PM

Y’all sound foolish. Kurt Rambis wasn’t the best coach but he can be adequate in this position.

We have Lebron , 4 decent kids, 3 with All Star ceilings. Lebron can attract a FA hopefully and then sign shooters. It’s not hard.

Are you serious?  Before I type out a long post, I figured I'd ask.

• bfc1125roy and MambaMentality like this

#117 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:56 PM

just another article talking about the rambis family gaining power in our incompetent front office:

https://www.cbssport...f-front-office/

#118 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,571 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:59 PM

just another article talking about the rambis family gaining power in our incompetent front office:

https://www.cbssport...f-front-office/

If this is true, this is going to be a long unfruitful summer...

#119 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,153 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 06:01 PM

Is that what we’re aiming for, though? Being adequate? They can seek and hire the best guys out there...that’s what they should look to do. Not bring in a guy who might be adequate based on his connection to the franchise.

#120 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 06:03 PM

we'll see.

but ownership matters. look at what happened to the clips when that old racist was booted for balmer. institutional level change and long term strategy put into place.

truthfully, i have no idea what it's like to work for jeanie buss, linda rambis, or rob pelinka. they could be absolutely great. unfortunately, those names don't really inspire anyone, and they all have a track record of being morons.

If this is true, this is going to be a long unfruitful summer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users