229 replies to this topic

#41 LAkerFan85

LAkerFan85

Rookie

• 266 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 20, 2019 - 08:43 AM

I'm wondering if we would have been better off with Jim and Mitch running the show? I'm starting to think that maybe she is the problem. If we get a major free agent this summer then I will eat my words but if not then I feel like we are going to be the same team we were in Kobe's last few years.

#42 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2019 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, Mitch and Jim handing out those Mozgov and Deng contracts shows how competent they were.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#43 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 20, 2019 - 09:48 AM

Give the team to the young bucks. Joey, Jesse Buss and Ryan West. I would like them to deal with personnel just because of how they are able to scout players in the college. That may not be enough to warrant them to take over a team but at least they seem all in when it comes to the Lakers. I maybe wrong but they just seem more competent in their roles within the organization.

I have nothing against Jeanie, but she is emotionally tied into it and is better on the business side of the organization.

#44 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,772 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 20, 2019 - 09:59 AM

I'll say this...Magic needs to woo a second star here and if he doesn't he needs to step back and let Rob and the next coach fill out the roster. I don't want to read in the ringer or the athletic that Magic is making unilateral decisions because he has a feeling or likes certain players. Like I said in another thread we need to spend this cap space on a second star to save us from our own incompetence.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#45 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,195 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2019 - 11:19 AM

Rob is an agent. Not a gm. This isn’t the 1980s. There is overwhelming amounts of information for these guys to parse when it comes to team building and nobody the Lakers have is up to that task. Signing LeBron doesn’t require analysis, are you an nba team? If you sign LeBron you are instantly better.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#46 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 20, 2019 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, Mitch and Jim handing out those Mozgov and Deng contracts shows how competent they were.

Not saying it's completely excusable, but I believe they handed them out because they firmly went all in on the process (developing young players through the draft) after going 3 years straight of missing out on big name FA's.

Edited by Jackson, March 20, 2019 - 11:37 AM.

#47 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 20, 2019 - 12:02 PM

Not saying it's completely excusable, but I believe they handed them out because they firmly went all in on the process (developing young players through the draft) after going 3 years straight of missing out on big name FA's.

interesting

#48 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 20, 2019 - 12:11 PM

Rob is an agent. Not a gm. This isn’t the 1980s. There is overwhelming amounts of information for these guys to parse when it comes to team building and nobody the Lakers have is up to that task. Signing LeBron doesn’t require analysis, are you an nba team? If you sign LeBron you are instantly better.

apparently Lakers proved you wrong.  we are on track to be worse than last season.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,398 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 20, 2019 - 12:37 PM

Pretty much.

Wouldn't have stopped them from having space for LeBron either when he was a free agent.  But shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Jeanie didn't believe in the idea of developing the young players and building around them, which is why they got fired, and Magic who believes in Jeanie's 'punt every off-season and have no consistency in your roster' ideology that Jim and Mitch had followed till they decided that building around the youngsters was a better plan. 

And now as a result of that, the Lakers have lost Russell and Randle right when they could have been best needed upon LeBron's arrival.  Have no consistency anymore, and are looking at being a bottom team in the West yet again.  

Again, just like with getting Byron Scott as coach... this is another prime example of, be careful what you wish for.

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#50 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,162 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2019 - 01:09 PM

You can go all in on the process while still preserving cap space.

Magic and Rob didn't start with a clean slate. They needed to make moves to rectify the mistakes of Jim and Mitch.

There really is no justification of those contracts. Especially when you consider that Mozgov was our 12:01 AM signing in free agency lmao.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#51 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted March 20, 2019 - 01:55 PM

HOLY [expletive]ING [expletive]! MAJESTY IS BACK! LONG LIVE MAJESTY!
  • Majesty likes this

#52 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,384 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 20, 2019 - 02:31 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!

Majesty it's great to see you back brotha.  I know you've got your fair share of haters on this forum but I always appreciated your activity, frequent post, and dedication to the forum.  Regardless of how polarizing your views were, it's good to have your input again.

• Majesty likes this

#53 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,195 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2019 - 02:37 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!

Majesty it's great to see you back brotha.  I know you've got your fair share of haters on this forum but I always appreciated your activity, frequent post, and dedication to the forum.  Regardless of how polarizing your views were, it's good to have your input again.

BBIQ better go and hide his crown.  Jk.  I've always liked Majesty's post, though I agree with about 50%

• Majesty likes this

#54 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted March 20, 2019 - 03:33 PM

does anyone else find it curious that majesty comes back after bigballer leaves?

i kid, i kid...sort of.

• lonlyamongus likes this

#55 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,975 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 20, 2019 - 03:40 PM

I want them to sell. I don’t care anymore. If these plans of theirs don’t pan out I expect it soon than later. I’d really like to know who Jeanie is accountable to?

Bye for now

#56 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,371 posts

Posted March 20, 2019 - 03:41 PM

she is the big boss, i have never seen big bosses being held accountable even when they wet their own pant.

I want them to sell. I don’t care anymore. If these plans of theirs don’t pan out I expect it soon than later. I’d really like to know who Jeanie is accountable to?

Bye for now

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#57 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,269 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 20, 2019 - 03:56 PM

Even big bosses are accountable to the consumer. Money talks. If tickets don't sell, if jerseys don't sell, if deals don't close, it translates.

• Busty Bluth and Majesty like this

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#58 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Stay Woke

• 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 20, 2019 - 04:50 PM

Ain’t happening. Look at Dolan, Sarver and Grunfeld

Edited by Wilt Chamberneezy, March 20, 2019 - 04:51 PM.

#59 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,371 posts

Posted March 20, 2019 - 05:52 PM

Jeanie also happens to be an owner,  the only way she gets tossed under is if some like the Clippers Sterling kind of scandal that League forced him to sell.  otherwise, not going to happen.

Even big bosses are accountable to the consumer. Money talks. If tickets don't sell, if jerseys don't sell, if deals don't close, it translates.

#60 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,928 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 20, 2019 - 07:24 PM

Jeanie also happens to be an owner, the only way she gets tossed under is if some like the Clippers Sterling kind of scandal that League forced him to sell. otherwise, not going to happen.

She could step down if she makes a mockery out of the Lakers brand

ap1.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users