#21 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,805 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 04, 2019 - 03:00 PM

Angry?

We played well, the best player in the world got hurt then Zo and the trade rumors.

They constructed a terrible roster. Sure we were looking good before LeBron got hurt, whose to say we wouldn't still be on a slide downhill even if James didn't get hurt? Everyone not named James or Ingram refressed

ap1.png

#22 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,508 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 04, 2019 - 03:02 PM

Angry?

We played well, the best player in the world got hurt then Zo and the trade rumors.

Lebron has played 45 of the 63 game splayed so far and Zo has played 47 of 63. That might hurt our seeding, or even make the 8th seed come down to the last few games but to be virtually out of the playoffs and 3 games under .500 with 19 games left is pitiful. 

• Busty Bluth and bfc1125roy like this

#23 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,909 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 04, 2019 - 03:54 PM

They should’ve sold majority stake after Jerry died. It hasn’t been the same since. As a franchise we spend too much time living in the past(it was a great past but move forward already). We need to change everything... including the colors.

Bye for now

#24 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2019 - 04:50 PM

Lol Laker fans, more than any other fans in sports, have this bad habit of having a mindset of "What have you done for me lately?" to the ultra extreme.

I was watching ESPN or Spectrum Sportsnet, and I saw an update that their giving up on pursuing Carmelo Anthony due to the Lakers likely not making the playoffs (upper managements acknowledgement its likely not happening). I think I agree with that decision not to slam the gas pedal this late into the race and risk a car wreck. LeBron is old. We don't have a legitimate stretch 4 worth starting. Luke is a terrible coach, as is his entire coaching staff. He does not have a defensive coordinator? [expletive]ing amateur. Can't wait for the season to be over to get rid of that soft mother [expletive]. And why bother firing him now with this little games left. We are 50/50 -3. The last playoff bound team is 50/50 + 6. Something like that. Looking at our roster, looking at LeBron's aging body and likely not being 100% from the injury, and also being realistic as to who we can get as an interim coach at this point in time, on top of the overall dynsfunction that personnel changes that extreme causes, there's really no point in pushing it, just to likely get knocked off early and cause even more damage to LeBron's body. At this point in the season we should probably put minutes restrictions on Bron/Kuz/Ingram/Lonzo/Hart and just try our best the remainder of the season. I think we should try to resign Rondo/McGee/Chandler/Lance to 1-year extensions at their current rate. You can tell from a lot of the social media posts that having veterans in the locker room really helped our younger players weather through the season.

I don't know if we should try to trade all our young pieces and give up all those draft picks for Anthony Davis. When I was watching the game against New Orleans that AD played it occurred to me that New Orleans is going to [expletive] this up one way or another. I think ownership will choke under the microscope of the media pressure and attempt to keep him until he is unrestricted free agent, and just lose him for nothing. Their gonna make a push to keep him, maybe try to bring Demarcus Cousins back on like a good paying 1 year deal to entice him, but ultimately lose AD. And even if we dont land another superstar, who cares. Lets bring in a coach thats fundamentally sound with good experience, a good defensive coordinator, continue to draft well, and just add a couple of actual stretch 4's who are good enough to play significant minutes, and that puts us in a better position for next season. Looking back on it, losing Randle was a mistake. He had his shortcomings but I thought he was worth re-signing, his contract wasn't too bad either. Oh well.

There's really no need to shout for extreme changes right away. It's still not impossible for us to make playoffs at this point, however unlikely. The young guys are giving their best effort, the coaching is just terrible. I feel most bad for Kyle Kuzma. If they don't fire Luke by the start of next season, I'm going to encourage him to request a trade, he shouldn't have to rot away in a bad situation. I think Luke is 100% done however, so it won't come down to that.

Edited by dbtbandit67, March 04, 2019 - 04:56 PM.

#25 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2019 - 05:04 PM

FYI: The Buss family is never selling their stake in the Lakers. Ever. Not for any amount of money. It's something they have too much personal pride in.

• BigBaller likes this

#26 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,167 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 04, 2019 - 05:28 PM

hubris, nepotism, incompetence. quite the trifecta. as for your previous post, we'll see what happens with luke...but bear in mind, jeanie brought on magic to ram through all of these questionable at best, stupid at worst, roster and personnel moves. i don't buy that either of them know what they are doing.

FYI: The Buss family is never selling their stake in the Lakers. Ever. Not for any amount of money. It's something they have too much personal pride in.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#27 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 05:29 PM

your take is so naive. none of these issues are contained to solely this season.

God. This forum is just a bunch of children.

Angry?

• Busty Bluth likes this

#28 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,949 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 04, 2019 - 05:49 PM

Lol Laker fans, more than any other fans in sports, have this bad habit of having a mindset of "What have you done for me lately?" to the ultra extreme.

I was watching ESPN or Spectrum Sportsnet, and I saw an update that their giving up on pursuing Carmelo Anthony due to the Lakers likely not making the playoffs (upper managements acknowledgement its likely not happening). I think I agree with that decision not to slam the gas pedal this late into the race and risk a car wreck. LeBron is old. We don't have a legitimate stretch 4 worth starting. Luke is a terrible coach, as is his entire coaching staff. He does not have a defensive coordinator? [expletive]ing amateur. Can't wait for the season to be over to get rid of that soft mother [expletive]. And why bother firing him now with this little games left. We are 50/50 -3. The last playoff bound team is 50/50 + 6. Something like that. Looking at our roster, looking at LeBron's aging body and likely not being 100% from the injury, and also being realistic as to who we can get as an interim coach at this point in time, on top of the overall dynsfunction that personnel changes that extreme causes, there's really no point in pushing it, just to likely get knocked off early and cause even more damage to LeBron's body. At this point in the season we should probably put minutes restrictions on Bron/Kuz/Ingram/Lonzo/Hart and just try our best the remainder of the season. I think we should try to resign Rondo/McGee/Chandler/Lance to 1-year extensions at their current rate. You can tell from a lot of the social media posts that having veterans in the locker room really helped our younger players weather through the season.

I don't know if we should try to trade all our young pieces and give up all those draft picks for Anthony Davis. When I was watching the game against New Orleans that AD played it occurred to me that New Orleans is going to [expletive] this up one way or another. I think ownership will choke under the microscope of the media pressure and attempt to keep him until he is unrestricted free agent, and just lose him for nothing. Their gonna make a push to keep him, maybe try to bring Demarcus Cousins back on like a good paying 1 year deal to entice him, but ultimately lose AD. And even if we dont land another superstar, who cares. Lets bring in a coach thats fundamentally sound with good experience, a good defensive coordinator, continue to draft well, and just add a couple of actual stretch 4's who are good enough to play significant minutes, and that puts us in a better position for next season. Looking back on it, losing Randle was a mistake. He had his shortcomings but I thought he was worth re-signing, his contract wasn't too bad either. Oh well.

There's really no need to shout for extreme changes right away. It's still not impossible for us to make playoffs at this point, however unlikely. The young guys are giving their best effort, the coaching is just terrible. I feel most bad for Kyle Kuzma. If they don't fire Luke by the start of next season, I'm going to encourage him to request a trade, he shouldn't have to rot away in a bad situation. I think Luke is 100% done however, so it won't come down to that.

"What have you done for me lately to the ultra extreme"? What the [expletive] are you [expletive]ing saying? We haven't won anything since 2010 and haven't gotten into the playoffs in 6 years and have been a lottery team for 6 years now.

Edited by Jackson, March 04, 2019 - 08:25 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#29 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,339 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 04, 2019 - 06:26 PM

Let’s be real, if you had expectations of a championship
You’re delusional. I rather them not make the playoffs then get swept by the warriors
  • Busty Bluth likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#30 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 06:33 PM

Like I said, the Clippers fired a [expletive]ing racist laughingstock owner, went from being a contender to a crap team and now back in the playoff hunt. If this isn’t on ownership and their ability to put a quality product in the front office and on the floor, then I don’t know who else anyone here can blame. Almost 10 years!

"What have you done for me lately to the ultra extreme"? What the [expletive] are you [expletive]ing saying? We haven't won anything since 2010 and haven't gotten into the playoffs in 3 years and have been a lottery team for 6 years now.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#31 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:12 PM

i am starting to wonder if, in all the time that has passed since our last chip in 2010, we have truly hit rock bottom yet...

this could get much worse.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#32 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 12,017 posts

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:21 PM

The Lakers are fine; you’re overreacting
  • Busty Bluth and BigBaller like this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#33 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,831 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 04, 2019 - 10:43 PM

The 2 front offices under her watch have been absolute trash.

The only hope is that some prospective owner makes an offer she can't refuse. I think it's possible, but there's no way of telling when that will happen.

I think her next front office regime should be one with a lot of front office experience. Championship presidents and GMs don't become available, so it would have to be guys that haven't been able to get over the hump. Maybe the Laker advantage can get them over the hump. If run well, the Lakers are an attractive destination. Combine that with guys who can put together good rosters who can play today's basketball, and the Lakers may have something.

Edited by Japago, March 04, 2019 - 10:48 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#34 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,525 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 05, 2019 - 06:08 AM

Build a [expletive]en TEAM and stop trying to piece meal this [expletive] together.....

• Busty Bluth and HQLLYWQQD like this

#35 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 06:24 AM

I know you too well to fall for your tricks. You’re on my list, remember?

The Lakers are fine; you’re overreacting

#36 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 316 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 05, 2019 - 11:00 AM

Inaccurate.  Sterling was banned by the NBA.  It takes time to develop a franchise.  It hasn't been all great for Ballmer's Clippers, and although things look good for them this Summer, suppose they strike out?  After all, it's the Clippers.  

Worst case scenario for us is they land Kawhi and KD.

Like I said, the Clippers fired a [expletive]ing racist laughingstock owner, went from being a contender to a crap team and now back in the playoff hunt. If this isn’t on ownership and their ability to put a quality product in the front office and on the floor, then I don’t know who else anyone here can blame. Almost 10 years!

#37 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,818 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2019 - 11:48 AM

Extend rondo, Lance, McGee? This is for an NBA team. I’d rather have players that can play NBA basketball than someone who can help out the young guys. If they indeed did help them this season, I haven’t noticed nor have the standings or results on the floor.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users