133 replies to this topic

#121 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,502 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 16, 2019 - 03:45 PM

i havent paid attention to any of the ncaa but what i want is the lakers trade away the pick grab an allstar. 

No trading picks NO wants nothing to do with trading to the Lakers ok we'll see ya outside!!

#122 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,015 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 16, 2019 - 05:18 PM

If I'm ranking this season's failures:
1 Injuries
2 Poor roster construction / bad free agent signings
3 Questionable coaching / substitutions
4 LeBron / Klutch / AD drama
5 Talent level and progression of youth.
Kuzma is a 19/6 guy in his second year. Did you see the tear Ingram was on post all star break? Did you see what happened to our defense without Lonzo? No really.....did you???

You know what's funny, that people on this forum are blind when it comes to the lakers. Any other player puts up numbers on a trash team and they get called out for it. But not our players!

Ingram went on a tear, Kuzma is a 19/6 guy, Lonzo is a game changer and elite defender...so why do we suck?

We have Lebron and we still suck. Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball have yet to prove that they produce wins which is the point of playing the game.

Edited by KidRN, March 16, 2019 - 05:19 PM.

• Japago likes this

#123 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,015 posts

Posted March 16, 2019 - 05:34 PM

The problem hasn't been the young players. If anything, the importance of the young core has been shown by Lonzo's absence and Ingram's improvement as a complementary player to LeBron.
The fulcrum of the issue lies at the FO and how they failed to sign shooters/defenders around LeBron. It's been the vets losing us games (aside from injuries), not the young players.

Dude the youth is a problem

As long as we heavily rely on they youth, we aren't going to win much.

Edited by KidRN, March 16, 2019 - 05:35 PM.

#124 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,444 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 17, 2019 - 02:51 PM

You know what's funny, that people on this forum are blind when it comes to the lakers. Any other player puts up numbers on a trash team and they get called out for it. But not our players!

Ingram went on a tear, Kuzma is a 19/6 guy, Lonzo is a game changer and elite defender...so why do we suck?

We have Lebron and we still suck. Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball have yet to prove that they produce wins which is the point of playing the game.

We suck for the reasons I mentioned in that order in my opinion. Thought that was pretty obvious. We have 3 young players getting real minutes idk where ppl get this idea that we're some super young team without vets.

#125 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,133 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2019 - 03:05 PM

Dude the youth is a problem

As long as we heavily rely on they youth, we aren't going to win much.

Yet we were winning with a healthy roster of LeBron + youth. 4th seed...and I'm sure we'd end up at least 5th-7th had LeBron not missed nearly a quarter of the season.

Yes we need another star and roleplayers (shooters/defenders) to win it all based on the modern NBA landscape.

But the youth hasn't been the problem. Our issues go far beyond that.

#126 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,015 posts

Posted March 17, 2019 - 03:47 PM

Yet we were winning with a healthy roster of LeBron + youth. 4th seed...and I'm sure we'd end up at least 5th-7th had LeBron not missed nearly a quarter of the season.
Yes we need another star and roleplayers (shooters/defenders) to win it all based on the modern NBA landscape.
But the youth hasn't been the problem. Our issues go far beyond that.

We were winning because of Lebron. The youth cant win alone and we've already attempted that.

Lebron needs help and the youth is not the answer. It is too many young inconsistent players getting way too many minutes.

These additional players you speak of will have to take minutes from somewhere.

Do you want to win or just watch young guys play?

#127 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,339 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 18, 2019 - 03:46 PM

We were winning because of Lebron. The youth cant win alone and we've already attempted that.

Lebron needs help and the youth is not the answer. It is too many young inconsistent players getting way too many minutes.

in reality was we were 2 games away from 9th seed.  and other western teams played badly.  if Lebron was healthy and with his winning % before his injury. we will be 6th seed at best.  and if you go by his current winning percentages, we still won't be in the playoffs.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#128 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2019 - 04:17 PM

in reality was we were 2 games away from 9th seed. and other western teams played badly. if Lebron was healthy and with his winning % before his injury. we will be 6th seed at best. and if you go by his current winning percentages, we still won't be in the playoffs.

He is playing against other NBA players with guys that either nobody wants or G league guys and Kuzma. Nobody is winning with this Lakers roster as it is currently constructed. LeBron could carry when they were fully healthy and barely winning games but winning at least.

#129 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,339 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 18, 2019 - 04:32 PM

so the same roster that was a 35 win team last year was all of sudden D league material after Lebron arrived.

lol I thought he supposed to make people better.

He is playing against other NBA players with guys that either nobody wants or G league guys and Kuzma. Nobody is winning with this Lakers roster as it is currently constructed. LeBron could carry when they were fully healthy and barely winning games but winning at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#130 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,133 posts

Posted March 18, 2019 - 09:05 PM

LeBron by himself was not the reason why we were winning. It was LeBron + the youth and that was clear as day. Heck even McGee was producing at a high level until he got pneumonia.

This has nothing to do with watching young guys play. I've stated multiple times we're not winning a championship if we're depending on these young guys to become stars.

But, at the same time, I can't underestimate the impact of Lonzo's defense and Ingram's overall development of his game. It's sad that both of these guys went down when they were playing the best basketball of their career.

#131 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,015 posts

Posted March 19, 2019 - 02:45 AM

LeBron by himself was not the reason why we were winning. It was LeBron + the youth and that was clear as day. Heck even McGee was producing at a high level until he got pneumonia.
This has nothing to do with watching young guys play. I've stated multiple times we're not winning a championship if we're depending on these young guys to become stars.
But, at the same time, I can't underestimate the impact of Lonzo's defense and Ingram's overall development of his game. It's sad that both of these guys went down when they were playing the best basketball of their career.

Lebron has a history of carrying scrubs. Nothing the youth did stood out for me to say that they weren't simply being carried. You take away Lebron and this team is probably worse than last year.

The youth consists of 4 players. You average 4 nba players replacing them probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Edited by KidRN, March 19, 2019 - 02:48 AM.

#132 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts

Posted March 19, 2019 - 08:23 AM

They have proven that they cannot win, they are the common denominator to each season, them and Luke and the Front Office.  Bringing in LeBron was a variable, he has put up numbers, I know they are "empty" but whatever.  You could replace the young guys with almost any other for NBA level talents and the outcome would be pretty darn close to the same as far as win total.   If all those dudes were what people on here think that they are, we would have a far better record, with or without LeBron.  The only people who think these guys are elite anything outside of LeBron are people on message boards exactly like this one.

#133 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts

Posted March 19, 2019 - 08:29 AM

Lebron has a history of carrying scrubs. Nothing the youth did stood out for me to say that they weren't simply being carried. You take away Lebron and this team is probably worse than last year.

The youth consists of 4 players. You average 4 nba players replacing them probably doesn't make much of a difference.

This.  Especially the last sentence.

#134 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,133 posts

Posted March 19, 2019 - 08:43 AM

This team without LeBron is worse than last year's since we don't have Randle and Lopez.

LeBron is obviously a huge factor for why we were winning, but it's not like he was playing 36+ minutes carrying scrubs. In fact, he was playing the lowest minutes of his career around that time.

And yes you can replace the young core with solid roleplayers, but you're not getting their production at their low price (rookie contracts).

Bottom line, past is useless. We better hope we can sign a true max star or
acquire one via trade otherwise we might just be a mediocre team the next few years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users