Just win baby!

#42 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 6,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2019 - 08:19 AM

Future Laker Zion Williamson just took a bad fall last night. Initial reports say he should be okay but it still remains to be seen what the injury is...

#43 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,086 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 21, 2019 - 11:50 AM

Future Laker Zion Williamson just took a bad fall last night. Initial reports say he should be okay but it still remains to be seen what the injury is...

Mild Knee sprain

#44 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,451 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 24, 2019 - 05:33 AM

Nike Stock fell 1.12 BILLION after that...LOL.

#45 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,725 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 24, 2019 - 07:18 AM

Deadass shouldn’t we try for a pick now instead of the playoffs? We just lost to the Pels without AD. I have no faith we can go on a streak to make the playoffs. It seems like we are [expletive]ing ourselves right now.
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#46 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,451 posts

Posted February 24, 2019 - 09:21 AM

Tanking still makes no sense...unless you want to trade LeBron this summer.

BOS would still have better picks than us in an AD trade.

Unless we get Zion or Ja, both from South Carolina (just sayin'), it's not likely they will have significant impact in year 1...or 2-3.

I'm high on RJ Barrett so if we got him, cool.  Still not worth tanking and giving up games to get in the top 5.

#47 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,086 posts

Posted February 25, 2019 - 08:40 PM

This team is pathetic no doubt. Shut LeBron down. Get another draft pick. Hopefully we luck into Zion or Barret the same way Chicago lucked in to D.Rose.

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

#48 I Love Lebron

I Love Lebron

I suck Lebron's toes.

• 12,073 posts

Posted February 25, 2019 - 10:47 PM

Zion now? 👀

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#49 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,074 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 26, 2019 - 12:21 AM

Unless we get Zion or Ja, both from South Carolina (just sayin'), it's not likely they will have significant impact in year 1...or 2-3.

I'm high on RJ Barrett so if we got him, cool.  Still not worth tanking and giving up games to get in the top 5.

I agree. We have to at least try to make a push for the playoffs and it's still possible as we see the Spurs stubling a little bit, but time is running out fast and at some point we might be better off shutting down Lebron for the season in order to avoid injury. We've not reached that point just yet, though.

Would say that being able to put Bol Bol in a potential trade is pretty good.

#50 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,725 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted February 26, 2019 - 06:44 AM

I'm high on RJ Barrett so if we got him, cool. Still not worth tanking and giving up games to get in the top 5.

So the alternative is to watch this team go through the motions knowing what the end result is going to be. We have to go like 17-6 to even consider making the playoffs. Do you really have faith we can do that? I don’t. This team lost to the Pels like twice and the Hawks. We lose to bad teams. At this point get something positive from the deal.

#51 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,655 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 26, 2019 - 08:35 AM

Can someone please explain why this team “needs to make the playoffs”? If it’s for “experience” then that doesnt make sense if Kuzma, BI, Hart, Ball will all be gone in the offseason. A Lottery pick is the best option right now
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#52 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2019 - 08:58 AM

Can someone please explain why this team “needs to make the playoffs”? If it’s for “experience” then that doesnt make sense if Kuzma, BI, Hart, Ball will all be gone in the offseason. A Lottery pick is the best option right now

I would take the lottery pick. I’d rather have a 1 percent chance of getting a franchise changer like Zion than a 100 percent chance of getting humiliated by GSW.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#53 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,086 posts

Posted March 05, 2019 - 02:15 PM

So what we looking at boiz?

Maybe we can find a Donovan Mitchell Devin Booker gem.

#54 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,911 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 05, 2019 - 02:46 PM

Need to cause we aren't getting Davis

ap1.png

#55 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,552 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 06, 2019 - 11:12 AM

I agree. We have to at least try to make a push for the playoffs and it's still possible as we see the Spurs stubling a little bit, but time is running out fast and at some point we might be better off shutting down Lebron for the season in order to avoid injury. We've not reached that point just yet, though.

Would say that being able to put Bol Bol in a potential trade is pretty good.

Well the odds say it would take an extraordinary win streak against harder competition and below 500 runs from several teams that are playing well, to squeek in I think not, go for the lottery as its a tangible asset! just making the playoffs while weakened is not beneficial in the grand scheme of things!

#56 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,701 posts

Posted March 06, 2019 - 12:33 PM

I mean if we get a high enough pick that means we can probably get Davis for lonzo and one of kuzma or Ingram

With Ingram’s play as of late it’s definitely closer which I’d like to keep between the two
Posted Image

#57 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,086 posts

Posted March 06, 2019 - 01:07 PM

I mean if we get a high enough pick that means we can probably get Davis for lonzo and one of kuzma or Ingram

With Ingram’s play as of late it’s definitely closer which I’d like to keep between the two

Gotta keep Ingram over Kuzma at this point. Even when Kuzma was out performing Ingram, there was always a case for Ingram's intangibles outweighing Kuzma's offensive repertoire. Now that Ingram has coupled that with consistent play and became a huge offensive threat, I think it pushes the Lakers to keep Ingram.

#58 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,361 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 06, 2019 - 01:45 PM

But a team like NOLA would want the best young talent, which in this case, would be Ingram at this point or both and the pick.

bye Bol Bol. :( lol

#59 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,086 posts

Posted March 07, 2019 - 01:54 PM

Time to shut Lebron down. We're 4 losses away from being 6-7th worst in the NBA. In a lottery that has some very intriguing players and a generational talent in Zion, we need to have the best odds possible.

#60 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2019 - 02:26 PM

Time to shut Lebron down. We're 4 losses away from being 6-7th worst in the NBA. In a lottery that has some very intriguing players and a generational talent in Zion, we need to have the best odds possible.

Zion is a player that withstanding injury will be a transcendent player, there are some players that you can tell have it when they are in college and high school, names like LeBron, AD.  He is exactly the same, and maybe further along than either of those two were, he is a franchise changing player and if there is any way that the Lakers get a high pick and can trade to move up and get him or just luck out and get the first pick, they will instantly be contenders and probably favorites to win the title with LeBron, Zion, and all their cap space as well as trade assets still in tact.

• Jackson likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)