Photo

2019 NBA Lottery / Draft

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#21 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 14, 2019 - 02:37 PM

Now I know we won’t be in a position to draft him, nor if we are will we keep the pick

If we somehow land in the top 5 your can bet we will he sending that pick to the pelicans for Davis

Having said that I wouldn’t touch bol bol

He’s a 7 foot lanky center who has a unique skill set sure but already broke his foot

7 footers who show foot problems early are never a good sign

You can kinda get away with knee issues with 7 footers but like a pitcher with shoulder/elbow problems

A center with foot problems is a total no go

Rarely do those not become consistent persistent problems

Usually it’s a sign that their base cannot hold their size

Didn't Embiid have the same problems

#22 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,410 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 14, 2019 - 03:20 PM

Now I know we won’t be in a position to draft him, nor if we are will we keep the pick
If we somehow land in the top 5 your can bet we will he sending that pick to the pelicans for Davis
Having said that I wouldn’t touch bol bol
He’s a 7 foot lanky center who has a unique skill set sure but already broke his foot
7 footers who show foot problems early are never a good sign
You can kinda get away with knee issues with 7 footers but like a pitcher with shoulder/elbow problems
A center with foot problems is a total no go
Rarely do those not become consistent persistent problems
Usually it’s a sign that their base cannot hold their size

They said the same about Embiid. And imma say the same thing I said that day Idc you draft him anways in this generation. Plus the injury is better for us becuase that’s the only reason he slips. Plz don’t [expletive] up the draft again lakers

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 14, 2019 - 03:28 PM.

#23 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,466 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 14, 2019 - 06:56 PM

Where’s that sweet photo of the tank?

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 07:14 PM

Didn't Embiid have the same problems

Embiid is an exception

Bigs with foot problems are always a huge gamble
Posted Image

#25 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 12,023 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 07:46 PM

Where’s that sweet photo of the tank?

Long time, no see; sir!

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#26 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,840 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:41 PM

I think the Lakers need to completely revamp their scouting and their draft decision-making. The Lakers haven't done well with their early first round picks. The Lakers didn't even do well with their late 1st and 2nd round picks in last year's draft.

A lot of fans are singing D'Angelo's praises, but I think his success is mostly based on having a really hot hand as a shooter for a month. I want to see how he does for the rest of this season and next season. I would still rather have Porzingis for now.

#27 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 14, 2019 - 10:19 PM

I think the Lakers need to completely revamp their scouting and their draft decision-making. The Lakers haven't done well with their early first round picks. The Lakers didn't even do well with their late 1st and 2nd round picks in last year's draft.

A lot of fans are singing D'Angelo's praises, but I think his success is mostly based on having a really hot hand as a shooter for a month. I want to see how he does for the rest of this season and next season. I would still rather have Porzingis for now.

With regards to the high-end picks, they've picked the best available player in each of the past few drafts and those guys have followed a typical developmental curve so far. Randle has been better than expected actually putting up really good numbers. D-Lo came in as a super young point guard who took a few years to become the all-star that he is today. Historically, point guards take longer to develop so that's hardly a surprise. BI was the 2nd youngest player in the draft and came in as a project with ways to go physically and he's improved a lot from where he was coming in. That draft was all about Simmons and BI. Lonzo is only in year 2 and is already a top5 defender at his position, which is unheard of, was the youngest to rack up a triple-double and will be a star despite his funky shot.

Could we have done better? Sure.

Instead of Randle we could have taken Jokic (picked 41st) or Capela (picked 25th). Those would have been a stretch at the time.

Instead of D-Lo we could have taken Kristaps (4th) or Winslow (10th). IMO we just be happy that we didn't go with Okafor.

Instead of Ingram we could have taken ....who?

Instead of Lonzo we could have taken Tatum, Fox or Mitchell. Lonzo was a better prospect than all of those guys and i'd still go with Lonzo. I dont care what anyone thinks.

#28 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,840 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 14, 2019 - 11:02 PM

With regards to the high-end picks, they've picked the best available player in each of the past few drafts and those guys have followed a typical developmental curve so far. Randle has been better than expected actually putting up really good numbers. D-Lo came in as a super young point guard who took a few years to become the all-star that he is today. Historically, point guards take longer to develop so that's hardly a surprise. BI was the 2nd youngest player in the draft and came in as a project with ways to go physically and he's improved a lot from where he was coming in. That draft was all about Simmons and BI. Lonzo is only in year 2 and is already a top5 defender at his position, which is unheard of, was the youngest to rack up a triple-double and will be a star despite his funky shot.

Could we have done better? Sure.

Instead of Randle we could have taken Jokic (picked 41st) or Capela (picked 25th). Those would have been a stretch at the time.

Instead of D-Lo we could have taken Kristaps (4th) or Winslow (10th). IMO we just be happy that we didn't go with Okafor.

Instead of Ingram we could have taken ....who?

Instead of Lonzo we could have taken Tatum, Fox or Mitchell. Lonzo was a better prospect than all of those guys and i'd still go with Lonzo. I dont care what anyone thinks.

I like Hield a lot. I know he's a lot older, but he's already one of the best shooters in the league and is becoming an all-around scorer.

Some guys in the last 2 drafts are arguably passing Ingram and Lonzo. From 2016, I like Hield, Sabonis, and Siakam. From 2017, Tatum, Fox, and Mitchell have been better.

Ball has giant issues as a shooter and general scorer. They're so bad that I'm not even sure if he'll ever get them to average-level. While I really like his defense and play-making, he can't be that limited as a scorer and still be a star.

I don't really think much of Ingram's upside at all. He's limited as an athlete and as a shooter. As I've said a million times, he doesn't have any elite skills that are going to propel him to star level.

#29 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 12:10 AM

I like Hield a lot. I know he's a lot older, but he's already one of the best shooters in the league and is becoming an all-around scorer.

Some guys in the last 2 drafts are arguably passing Ingram and Lonzo. From 2016, I like Hield, Sabonis, and Siakam. From 2017, Tatum, Fox, and Mitchell have been better.

Ball has giant issues as a shooter and general scorer. They're so bad that I'm not even sure if he'll ever get them to average-level. While I really like his defense and play-making, he can't be that limited as a scorer and still be a star.

I don't really think much of Ingram's upside at all. He's limited as an athlete and as a shooter. As I've said a million times, he doesn't have any elite skills that are going to propel him to star level.

Buddy Hield is solid and has maximized what he can do, but he's 5 (!) years older than Brandon Ingram. Let's see what BI can do in his 5 years from now before we call Buddy the better pick.

Siakam is 3 years older and really have improved this season and Sabonis is also solid as hell. Both have a chance to be better than BI when it’s all said and done, although i’d still put my money on BI. But they weren’t exactly realistic picks with the #2 pick with BI sitting there.

Ball is polarizing as hell, but what he does well far outweigh his weaknesses, which imo are fixable. His critics point to all the PG-stuff he isn't good at but i'd argue he's an elite defensive shooting guard with elite courtvision. So far, Tatum, Fox and Mitchell have been better, but i would still prefer Lonzo over the long haul.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#30 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,605 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 02:31 AM

tenor.gif

fXlFKv8.gif

#31 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,466 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 15, 2019 - 08:22 AM

Long time, no see; sir!

Yeah man...been a long while.  Life and the job got me out of stuff.  Back in it now!

#32 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 12,023 posts

Posted February 16, 2019 - 02:23 PM

Yeah man...been a long while. Life and the job got me out of stuff. Back in it now!

Glad to have you join the tank.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#33 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,085 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 17, 2019 - 01:42 PM

Seriously doubt we miss the playoffs.

• LACAS likes this

#34 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2019 - 02:32 PM

Missing it is strictly better than going in as the 8th for the experience of getting swept. Obv if they can make some noise that changes.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#35 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,085 posts

Posted February 17, 2019 - 02:37 PM

Missing it is strictly better than going in as the 8th for the experience of getting swept. Obv if they can make some noise that changes.

I'd rather make it as the 8th seed than miss it for a 1/290,000 chance at moving up into the top 4.

If the kids don't get playoff experience this year, when do you want them to get it?  How old do you want LeBron to be before we have a chance for a deep playoff run?

#36 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,098 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 17, 2019 - 05:33 PM

I prefer the kids to get experience in the playoffs
  • GCMD likes this

#37 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts

Posted February 17, 2019 - 10:48 PM

I hope you're right.

• GCMD likes this

#38 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 17, 2019 - 11:37 PM

Soon as they stop losing to the worst teams in the NBA I'll believe this.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#39 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,644 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 18, 2019 - 08:50 AM

We need to start winning ALL games... we also need SAC and LAC to start losing.

• GCMD likes this

#40 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,085 posts

Posted February 18, 2019 - 08:58 AM

Soon as they stop losing to the worst teams in the NBA I'll believe this.

Welcome to the Lakers!  LOL.  Kobe and Shaq used to lose to bottom feeders too.  GSW loses to bottom feeders now when they don't have Steph.

It happens.

That's not, nor should it ever be, a standard for being able to make the playoffs.  Now if we were talking about winning an NBA Ch'ip, you'd have a point.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users