Photo

2019 NBA Lottery / Draft

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,087 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 12, 2019 - 09:28 PM

Figure I open this up as the team looks listless and our head coach continues to he clueless.

Bol Bol?

#2 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,109 posts

Posted February 12, 2019 - 09:42 PM

Stop.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,109 posts

Posted February 12, 2019 - 09:43 PM

Actually my bad, we will still have a pretty good pick, lottery or not. Bol Bol’s injury will cause him to drop, probably into the mid first. I’m not big on the depth of this draft, but that could be a valuable asset.

Edited by Massacre, February 12, 2019 - 09:45 PM.

#4 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,613 posts

Posted February 12, 2019 - 10:01 PM

Stop.

Overreaction much?

This is a valid thread. 

Last year we were 23-34 before ASB. This year 28-29. Anything can happen.

fXlFKv8.gif

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,109 posts

Posted February 12, 2019 - 10:10 PM

Overreaction much?

This is a valid thread.

Last year we were 23-34 before ASB. This year 28-29. Anything can happen.

LeBron was in Cleveland last year.

If the thread was made to look at legitimate draft prospects, I’m all for it. Already stated that. If it’s going to turn into guys posting Zion highlights and calculating our odds of landing a top pick, then it’s not an overreaction. Any team with LeBron on it should not be focusing on the lottery.

#6 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,087 posts

Posted February 12, 2019 - 10:57 PM

If the thread was made to look at legitimate draft prospects, I’m all for it. Already stated that. If it’s going to turn into guys posting Zion highlights and calculating our odds of landing a top pick, then it’s not an overreaction. Any team with LeBron on it should not be focusing on the lottery.

Well too bad, there's nothing we can do. This team does not want to win this year. Losing to the like of Cleveland, Knicks @ home and now the Hawks.

#7 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,164 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 13, 2019 - 02:06 AM

This is exactly what is going to happen

#8 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 6,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2019 - 07:39 AM

• Tensai likes this

#9 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,362 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 13, 2019 - 10:26 AM

i am looking at Bol Bol.. that kid Romeo Langford from Indiana... Sekou looks nice from France. Darius Garland from Vandy maybe cool The Lakers will need some pg help if Lonzo is not traded. I am not trusting his health. Tre Jones would be NICE for a back up as well, kid is playing well for Duke.

#10 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,686 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2019 - 11:22 AM

Even if this was about draft prospects we're not keeping this pick anyway lol

Edited by lakerfan98, February 13, 2019 - 11:23 AM.

#11 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,087 posts

Posted February 13, 2019 - 11:53 AM

Even if this was about draft prospects we're not keeping this pick anyway lol

The higher the pick is the better. Because that means it's more likely we keep one of Ingram/Ball/Kuzma.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#12 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,362 posts

Posted February 13, 2019 - 02:59 PM

The higher the pick is the better. Because that means it's more likely we keep one of Ingram/Ball/Kuzma.

truth because it seems like all the picks boston has will be later picks and out of the lottery

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 6,034 posts

Posted February 13, 2019 - 03:25 PM

We might have a 1% chance to get the #1 overall. That's happened many times before. Imagine Zion under LeBron's tutelage. A man can only dream...

#14 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,907 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 13, 2019 - 03:30 PM

Depending on how you see it, the Lakers have issues with both picking the right guys and developing their young talent. I can't say I'm excited to see what the current front office does with this pick.

If the Lakers do intend on using this pick in a trade, I wonder how they go about it? They can't trade the pick until they use it because a team can't trade 1st round picks 2 years in a row. The Lakers 3-star plan works best if they use cap space first, so what happens if the guy they want isn't the same as the guy another team would want?

I know nothing about NBA prospects. But, I do remember a lot of guys here trashing Luka Doncic last year.

#15 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 6,034 posts

Posted February 13, 2019 - 03:46 PM

Depending on how you see it, the Lakers have issues with both picking the right guys and developing their young talent. I can't say I'm excited to see what the current front office does with this pick.

If the Lakers do intend on using this pick in a trade, I wonder how they go about it? They can't trade the pick until they use it because a team can't trade 1st round picks 2 years in a row. The Lakers 3-star plan works best if they use cap space first, so what happens if the guy they want isn't the same as the guy another team would want?

I know nothing about NBA prospects. But, I do remember a lot of guys here trashing Luka Doncic last year.

If we have a high pick and Boston's picks don't end up panning out great, we regain leverage in AD trade talks. We can pick whoever NOP wants and then that guy to them and maybe even retain one of Ingram/Kuzma/Ball.

#16 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,362 posts

Posted February 13, 2019 - 03:50 PM

If we have a high pick and Boston's picks don't end up panning out great, we regain leverage in AD trade talks. We can pick whoever NOP wants and then that guy to them and maybe even retain one of Ingram/Kuzma/Ball.

nuh uhhhhhhh. THEY WANT TATUM, remember!!!! lol

#17 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,658 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 13, 2019 - 04:41 PM

We might have a 1% chance to get the #1 overall. That's happened many times before. Imagine Zion under LeBron's tutelage. A man can only dream...

I think Lebron would have him moved like he moved Wiggins.

#18 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,436 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 13, 2019 - 05:02 PM

If BoL BoL is there by all means draft him. Don’t miss out on another unicorn plz

#19 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,074 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 13, 2019 - 10:58 PM

The most likely scenario is that the Lakers get a pick in the 13-17 range, although i could see them firing up the old tank in case Lebron has to miss any more games. I mean, if we come out of the all-star break as unfocused as we've been going into the all-star break i wouldn't be shocked if they chose to sit Lebron for the rest of the season. Not just to tank, but also to avoid another Kobe-situation.

13-17 is Bol Bol / Jontay Porter range.

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,701 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 10:24 AM

If BoL BoL is there by all means draft him. Don’t miss out on another unicorn plz

Now I know we won’t be in a position to draft him, nor if we are will we keep the pick

If we somehow land in the top 5 your can bet we will he sending that pick to the pelicans for Davis

Having said that I wouldn’t touch bol bol

He’s a 7 foot lanky center who has a unique skill set sure but already broke his foot

7 footers who show foot problems early are never a good sign

You can kinda get away with knee issues with 7 footers but like a pitcher with shoulder/elbow problems

A center with foot problems is a total no go

Rarely do those not become consistent persistent problems

Usually it’s a sign that their base cannot hold their size
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users