#1 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,223 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2019 - 11:03 AM

Magic Johnson to meet with Lakers players

Sensing that the Lakers have been weighed down by the persistent trade rumors over the last few weeks, Magic Johnson, the Lakers’ president of basketball operations, plans to meet with the team this weekend in Philadelphia, according to two people with knowledge of the situation not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Johnson wants to encourage the Lakers to stay the course and to focus on the task ahead with 27 regular-season games left to play, one person said.

Johnson will talk to the Lakers about the Anthony Davis trade saga that nearly pulled them under, emphasizing that the NBA is a business and that this franchise is about winning championships and doing all it can to accomplish that goal.

Johnson will listen to every player who wants to speak, hoping to have an open dialogue with his team so they can all move forward together, one person said.

Read more: https://www.latimes....0208-story.html

• K-Kris likes this

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#2 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,812 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 08, 2019 - 12:22 PM

I don't know why he's bothering them. They will be going through the same thing in 5 more months.

#3 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,400 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2019 - 12:34 PM

I don't know why he's bothering them. They will be going through the same thing in 5 more months.

Really is damned if you do damned if you don't with you guys huh? Swear to god there could be a story tomorrow about Magic NOT reaching out to the kids and you guys would have the exact opposite reaction lol. Anything to keep the vibe negative I guess.
  • fido, Persian Gulf and dazz like this

#4 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,812 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 08, 2019 - 12:43 PM

Really is damned if you do damned if you don't with you guys huh? Swear to god there could be a story tomorrow about Magic NOT reaching out to the kids and you guys would have the exact opposite reaction lol. Anything to keep the vibe negative I guess.

That's completely false. My post was not a shot at Magic. My point is that they're still on the trading block so if any of them are butthurt about being in trade talks, they will still be upset regardless of what he says. So it's best to leave this whole trading situation alone until their fate is determined.

Edited by Jackson, February 08, 2019 - 12:45 PM.

#5 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,828 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2019 - 01:17 PM

There's not much to say. Everyone and their mother knows that if their name isn't LeBron, Lakers FO will ship them out for AD if necessary and rightfully so. I'm disappointed by the public nature of the negotiation but it seems like the Pelicans kind of did it on purpose.

• Persian Gulf, Jackson and lakerfan98 like this

#6 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,307 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 08, 2019 - 01:24 PM

That's completely false. My post was not a shot at Magic. My point is that they're still on the trading block so if any of them are butthurt about being in trade talks, they will still be upset regardless of what he says. So it's best to leave this whole trading situation alone until their fate is determined.

good we ain’t winning a chip with them
On the team
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#7 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,307 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 08, 2019 - 01:26 PM

There's not much to say. Everyone and their mother knows that if their name isn't LeBron, Lakers FO will ship them out for AD if necessary and rightfully so. I'm disappointed by the public nature of the negotiation but it seems like the Pelicans kind of did it on purpose.

lakers knew this signing lebron we knew as fans shet even Luke knows it. Why is this new to u guys? I fine with trading pieces to get better above all championship contenders
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#8 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted February 08, 2019 - 03:39 PM

Disagree. This is a good move by Magic. At the end of the day, this is showing respect to the players on the squad who go out there and give their all. You can't take that for granted, and if Magic is honest with them, and respect them enough to hear them, it will go a long way toward helping team morale. 

As NBA players, they have to know that this is how it's going to be where ever they go...for the rest of their NBA careers. You can be traded, or even out of a job in the blink of an eye. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#9 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 08, 2019 - 03:47 PM

goal is to win championships.. sure we prob wont this year, but doesn't mean Magic shouldn't try to rally the troops and help them morale wise to get back to business. Who knows, maybe some of them will play themselves into staying. *would take a miracle*

• kray28 likes this

ap1.png

#10 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,707 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 08, 2019 - 06:10 PM

Hopefully he will adress them in a good manner, so that we all can finally move foward of these last couple of silly and childish rumour weeks.

Just keep focusing on the season, make the playoffs and play like 25th december and like yesterday in new england and well be alright then.ö

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#11 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,349 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2019 - 08:59 PM

Magic needs to worry about getting fined again. There is some story going around about Magic saying Ben Simmons asked to be taught to play PG in the league..... last time I checked Simmons is also a Klutch Sports client and his hoe GF has asked him to sign with the Lakers.... WTF has happened to this organization.

#12 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2019 - 09:32 PM

Magic, Lebron, and KLUTCH are shot callers.....that's what's up w/this organization.  

Magic needs to worry about getting fined again. There is some story going around about Magic saying Ben Simmons asked to be taught to play PG in the league..... last time I checked Simmons is also a Klutch Sports client and his hoe GF has asked him to sign with the Lakers.... WTF has happened to this organization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users