142 replies to this topic

#61 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2019 - 09:58 AM

I think it's more being attached than overvaluing, particularly for the guys that don't watch the rest of the NBA all that much.  Some believe if you give Zu a few more years he's Marc 2.0.  I stopped buying into that last year.  Truth be told their really isn't much to his game other than having a big body and a soft touch around the rim.  Plenty of those kinda guys can eat when playing with Bron/Zo/Rondo.  If they had Mozgov right now we'd think he had a resurgence. 

People on here overvalue everyone the Lakers have. Never forget Kendall Marshall was the second coming of Magic and our point guard of the future.

Edited by Jody Smokes, February 09, 2019 - 09:58 AM.

• Xinxin likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#62 I Love Lebron

I Love Lebron

I suck Lebron's toes.

• 12,050 posts

Posted February 09, 2019 - 01:07 PM

Kendall Marshall has some great snaps

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#63 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,016 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 09, 2019 - 01:13 PM

I think it's more being attached than overvaluing, particularly for the guys that don't watch the rest of the NBA all that much.  Some believe if you give Zu a few more years he's Marc 2.0.  I stopped buying into that last year.  Truth be told their really isn't much to his game other than having a big body and a soft touch around the rim.  Plenty of those kinda guys can eat when playing with Bron/Zo/Rondo.  If they had Mozgov right now we'd think he had a resurgence. 

Yup. And you too, you do the same.

Edited by Jackson, February 09, 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#64 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2019 - 04:27 PM

Not exactly but if you haven't understood my position at this point Im not going to rehash it

Yup. And you too, you do the same.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#65 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,671 posts

Posted February 09, 2019 - 04:35 PM

I mean if he hits 1-2 3s a game and gets us 4 rebounds I’m kinda happy

We just need more shot makers. As of now we have Lebron and kuzma with the occasional Ingram and kcp

And the even less occasional hart and Stephenson

So I’m hoping bullock and muscala can cat least hit a few 3s. Especially bullock who I do think is a difference maker
Posted Image

#66 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,513 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 09, 2019 - 10:07 PM

It’s a wait and see deal he does have an outside shot.

#67 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,513 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 10, 2019 - 03:25 PM

Mixed feelings on this one not enough to grade either Muscala or Bullock

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, February 10, 2019 - 03:25 PM.

#68 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,016 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 03:26 PM

Just your typical 2018-2019 Laker player who hits shots once in a blue moon

Edited by Jackson, February 10, 2019 - 03:30 PM.

#69 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,159 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 04:12 PM

I'm not really sure what the point of this trade was. I feel like you'd get more production from giving Moe Wagner more minutes.

If we needed to open a roster spot, we could have simply waived Beasley.

I don't think Zubac has a particularly high ceiling nor is it likely we'd re-sign him beyond a 1-year deal, but half a season more of Zubac had more positives than negatives... especially if McGee or Chandler would be out due to injury.

#70 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,967 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:15 PM

It’s been 1 game, but I’ve seen all I needed to see. This trade was stupid. Both guys are on one year deals, but Zubac is younger and was our best center. Muscala is a shooter who can’t shoot and Mo could probably shoot better with the looks he’d be getting.

That’s Zu and now Randle as 2 solid young players and assets whom the Lakers got nothing in return for. Regardless of whether you, me, or they see them in their long-term plans.

I’m slowly souring on this front office and it’s ability to build a proper team.

#71 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,967 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:16 PM

The vision HAS to go beyond targeting superstars. [expletive]. Build a damn team. We have a solid core, just surround them with the right pieces, and if Luke isn’t going to build a competent, NBA-level coaching staff, he can kick rocks too.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#72 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,176 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:21 PM

At first, I thought the deal made alot of sense offensively.

However, Embiid completely demolished us today and I think had Zubac been in to defend him, Embiid likely has a much more difficult time (but would put up 30+ regardless).

Zu was probably our best overall post defender and to lose him simply for a bit more 3-PT shooting from a bench player is just redundant.   Especially when we had Wagner on the bench.

I haven't been upset at Magic and Rob that much if at all.  However the deadline deals they made after the AD fallout is simply amateur.

#73 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,040 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:42 PM

It’s been 1 game, but I’ve seen all I needed to see.

Really dude?

#74 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,159 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 06:57 PM

If we needed a C with 3-point shooting, we should have just kept Brook Lopez. He wanted to be here, too.

I thought they let him go since they wanted a quick, athletic 5 but it seems the FO is trying to forcefully address the issues we were concerned with during the offseason (namely shooting).

#75 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,967 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 07:27 PM

Really dude?

I’m as patient as anyone here, but the trade doesn’t make sense. If Muscala comes out next game and knocks down 4 three’s I’ll eat my words. But beyond that, they let Lopez go in order to sign a significantly worse stretch 5 who costs you an asset. They also have one in-house in Wagner, but playing him at this point would probably concede that the Zu trade was in fact a mistake,

Muscala and Zu are both expirings. But one is younger, one is cheaper and was actually your best center. They got nothing in return for him except 25 games of Muscala throwing up bricks. We could have Mo do that and keep the door open on Zu.

Hope Muscala proves me wrong, though. Like the potential fit, in theory.

#76 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,967 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 07:30 PM

If we needed a C with 3-point shooting, we should have just kept Brook Lopez. He wanted to be here, too.

I thought they let him go since they wanted a quick, athletic 5 but it seems the FO is trying to forcefully address the issues we were concerned with during the offseason (namely shooting).

The coaching staff [expletive]ed with Brook all of last season, but he was a classy vet through it all and wanted to come back for cheap. They likely choose McGee over him, it made sense to give LeBron a roll threat, and McGee is thriving...sadly the team isn’t. Brook’s floor spacing at the 5 is a much needed dimension that multiple guys on this team could thrive alongside.

Edited by Massacre, February 10, 2019 - 07:31 PM.

#77 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,016 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 08:01 PM

Really dude?

Yeah, it's plain as day. This trade was stupid.

#78 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,978 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2019 - 10:10 PM

I’m as patient as anyone here, but the trade doesn’t make sense. If Muscala comes out next game and knocks down 4 three’s I’ll eat my words. But beyond that, they let Lopez go in order to sign a significantly worse stretch 5 who costs you an asset. They also have one in-house in Wagner, but playing him at this point would probably concede that the Zu trade was in fact a mistake,

Muscala and Zu are both expirings. But one is younger, one is cheaper and was actually your best center. They got nothing in return for him except 25 games of Muscala throwing up bricks. We could have Mo do that and keep the door open on Zu.

Hope Muscala proves me wrong, though. Like the potential fit, in theory.

You are definitely not as patient as anyone here if you’ve made your analysis after one game.

#79 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,967 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 10:38 PM

You are definitely not as patient as anyone here if you’ve made your analysis after one game.

Trade is an L. It’s depth goes far beyond one game.

They gave up an asset in Zu (could’ve been kept for cheap or used to address other issues) to bring in a guy who is basically a low-budget version of Brook, whom they shunned away this past summer.

Are we even sure Muscala is better than Mo? I’m not. Center position looks very thin right now, and Zu was the best player there. Tyson’s age is showing and Javale is inconsistent and worse on D.

Could’ve kept all 3, used Mo as needed, and simply cut Beas. This isn’t about Zu per say, he’s replaceable...but the mismanagement of assets is beginning to pile up. They sacrificed both he and Svi to fix mistakes made during the off-season. The Brook non-signing looks worse by the day.

Edited by Massacre, February 10, 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#80 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,967 posts

Posted February 10, 2019 - 10:42 PM

I still support the guys in charge, not trying to crap on them...but they’re worthy of the same criticism we lay on Luke, and the players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users