Lakers acquire Mike Muscala from Clippers for Beasely and Zubac

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,674 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 12:48 PM

Shooting 34% from the 3 and 39% form the field with 7ppg. Given he seems to have a down year but its not like this guy is really going to have much impact.

I mean he’s a career 37% shooter from 3

So that alone can help
Posted Image

#22 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,552 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 07, 2019 - 12:53 PM

I mean he’s a career 37% shooter from 3

So that alone can help

Thas just because he didn't have much usage. This season has had his most usage and its been meh.I honestly don't see the difference between this guy and Mo. 

• Jackson likes this

#23 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 257 posts
  • Name:John
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:00 PM

this one stung

Posted Image

#24 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,272 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:05 PM

this one stung

Really?  I mean, I like Zu and I think we could have gotten more for that package but "stung"?  Not that big of a deal.

• bfc1125roy and Nightmare like this

#25 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,971 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:23 PM

I think ...

Beas wasn't happy (for obvious reasons)

They knew they wouldnt keep Zu (RFA)

They needed a stretch-4/5

They needed an open roster spot.

I think i would have preferred to keep Zu and Beas, but if they pick up a decent player from the buy out market it may be ok.

• dazz likes this

#26 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,000 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:32 PM

Zu is gonna get paid by someone, and it isn't gonna be the Lakers, no big loss.

• Xinxin and MaceWindu like this

#27 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,610 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:39 PM

Trading for Muscala is OK, just not for Zubac. Vice versa.

Why the hell were we starting him these past few weeks? Increase his stock for Muscala? Smh.

fXlFKv8.gif

#28 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,876 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:53 PM

They added shooting. The only 2 trades the Lakers have made seems to have targeted that.

It's admission by the FO that their off-season strategy was trash. I'm still irritated thinking about the FO talking about equating adding more shooting to trying to out-shoot the Warriors.

The Lakers would've done much better last off-season if they had realized this sooner. Brook Lopez makes less than Michael Beasley. They could've easily re-signed him.

• Xinxin likes this

#29 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,000 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:55 PM

They added shooting. The only 2 trades the Lakers have made seems to have targeted that.

It's admission by the FO that their off-season strategy was trash. I'm still irritated thinking about the FO talking about equating adding more shooting to trying to out-shoot the Warriors.

The Lakers would've done much better last off-season if they had realized this sooner. Brook Lopez makes less than Michael Beasley. They could've easily re-signed him.

their offseason additions have been lol bad, but these moves were fine.

• DeeZee likes this

#30 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 07, 2019 - 01:55 PM

C'mon guys this Zubac trade for Muscala was stupid. Zubac was an important piece in the AD proposals. Muscala will never sniff that type of importance. Zubac for all his faults won us more than a handful of games by dominating the middle. Muscala is nothing but a spot minutes player.

Edited by Jackson, February 07, 2019 - 01:56 PM.

#31 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,367 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:09 PM

C'mon guys this Zubac trade for Muscala was stupid. Zubac was an important piece in the AD proposals. Muscala will never sniff that type of importance. Zubac for all his faults won us more than a handful of games by dominating the middle. Muscala is nothing but a spot minutes player.

it was
I can see Zu averaging 15-20 ppg
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#32 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,459 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:16 PM

Jim Buss substituted today

#33 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,000 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:16 PM

it was
I can see Zu averaging 15-20 ppg

Zu also won't be on the team next season, so he isn't really an asset as the trade deadline ends, this guy is nothing special, but he goes with LeBron way better and that is the only plan the Lakers have that can possibly work at this point.  Zu had a nice run and good development, but he would be a restricted free agent next season and the Lakers aren't gonna be able to pay him and get the other guys they want, so its fine.

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,656 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:20 PM

Was he?  Or was he just thrown in?  Muscala is a better player than Zubac.  They also have Moe Wagner who needs minutes.  Can't have it both ways. 

If we are going to keep young players they have to be the core guys they are invested in.  Right now that's Zo/Kuz/BI/Hart

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#35 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,367 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:28 PM

Zu also won't be on the team next season, so he isn't really an asset as the trade deadline ends, this guy is nothing special, but he goes with LeBron way better and that is the only plan the Lakers have that can possibly work at this point. Zu had a nice run and good development, but he would be a restricted free agent next season and the Lakers aren't gonna be able to pay him and get the other guys they want, so its fine.

im aware of that I would have looked for a better deal
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#36 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 257 posts
  • Name:John

Posted February 07, 2019 - 02:48 PM

Really?  I mean, I like Zu and I think we could have gotten more for that package but "stung"?  Not that big of a deal.

I think we could've got a draft pick in return, something tradable vs a guy that will kinda get lost in the line up

Posted Image

#37 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,000 posts

Posted February 07, 2019 - 03:25 PM

I think we could've got a draft pick in return, something tradable vs a guy that will kinda get lost in the line up

Maybe they want to experiment with LeBron with some guys who can shoot for the rest of the season so it can inform their decisions going forward.

#38 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 07, 2019 - 03:27 PM

Was he? Or was he just thrown in? Muscala is a better player than Zubac. They also have Moe Wagner who needs minutes. Can't have it both ways.

If we are going to keep young players they have to be the core guys they are invested in. Right now that's Zo/Kuz/BI/Hart

Muscala is better than Zubac?

#39 LakerBaller24

LakerBaller24

Rookie

• 131 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2019 - 03:34 PM

At least the guy can make free throws

#40 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,963 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2019 - 03:44 PM

I don't think the shooting is necessarily the fundamental issue. The plan was to play LeBron off ball more so they brought in playmakers to take that load off his shoulders. But instead of running an offense like that, we decided to just have LeBron play point guard. At which point he needs 3-4 shooters surrounding him. The problem with the latter strategy though, is that it won't result in a championship. Not with LeBron at 34.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users