• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2177 replies to this topic

#41 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:01 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Who? He was sure of himself when he said that. Watch out and dont be surprise. If that does happen, he is a Celtic to me.

I agree.  I hope the Lakers have learned their lesson and have been in touch with NOP for a while about AD.  When teams are caught off guard, they seem to take a "Never Lakers" stance no matter what...and the Lakers seem to play hard ball.

If it's going to happen, my gut says it happens in the next couple of days.  If it drags on through the weekend, we aren't likely to win a bidding war.  Too many teams will realize how crazy a team with LeBron and AD would be and realize they need to stop this even if it means overpaying to do so.

Once the bidding war gets crazy, we're out.

Edited by GCMD, January 28, 2019 - 11:02 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#42 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:07 AM

Ball and kuzma should not be mention in the trade.

My offer would be: Zubac, Ingram, KCP, Hart, 1 & 2 round draft picks. 

Thats it.

I'd like to keep Lonzo and throw Rondo in there instead.  NOP knows Rondo and he helped that team do well in the playoffs.

Rondo

KCP

Ingram

Kuzma

Zu

+ picks

That's what I hope we offer.  If we have to include Lonzo, so be it.  Rondo and AD have proven chemistry.   It would all work out in the end.

Edit:  Kuzma is gone if we get AD.  I don't see a scenario where NOP doesn't ask for him.  I'm shocked the Lakers aren't pushing Ingram/Kuzma though...who knows, maybe they are.

Edited by GCMD, January 28, 2019 - 11:10 AM.

#43 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 971 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:09 AM

Yeah..this is how I'm feeling also. Trade Ingram/Kuzma/KCP/Zu + picks for AD. Keep Lonzo and let's keep it moving.

If they move Lonzo, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they have Kyrie to LA sewed up this summer.

And we already know Rondo and AD have crazy chemistry so it would hurt just a little bit less to lose Lonzo.

Lonzo would be perfect with AD/LBJ. I think it would be a big mistake to trade him. It would also suck to lose Kuz but for AD we don’t really have a choice lol.

I love watching Kyrie, but I don’t really want Round 2 of him with Lebron.

If we do trade Kuz/BI/KCP/Zu what moves can we make to fill out the roster?

#44 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,567 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:10 AM

Lakers need to be in contact with every single team to get Pelicans an additional 1st rd pick and an Allstar. Shouldn't be that difficult with everyone available.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

fXlFKv8.gif

#45 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,924 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:11 AM

If I am NOP, I ask for Kuzma, Ball, Hart, Zubic and a pick.  I dont want Rondo, KCP etc, unless there is a plan to flip them to a contender.

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lol kinda weird timing when you consider Lebron.

Hoping the Lakers throw Ingram and zo in there first before kuzma

Would prefer not to lose kuzma and lonzo

So whichever one. Have a feeling that the pelicans will definitely want kuzma. Despite all of lonzos early media coverage I do believe kuzma is the most famous and league respected young guy the Lakers have

I think the Lakers should get this done immediately. Not one of the young guys will touch Anthony Davis probably even combined and he’s only 25

I say make the deal figure it out afterwards lol. Leaves you with Lebron, rondo and Davis and if you manage to keep one of the young guys even better

Tbh you could probably succeed starting Wagner and svi if you have rondo, Davis and Lebron

Or if we keep josh hart. But I’m absolutely in favor of anything and everything to get this done now. Seriously. You can make adjustments to the formula later

And Davis will be only 28 when lebrons contract is up giving you plenty of time to rebuild a title roster around him
Posted Image

#47 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,236 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:14 AM

you guys realize this man has never played full season without having some sort of injuries?

#48 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:16 AM

I wonder if the Lakers get rid of Lonzo would they involve a third team like the Grizz to get Conley

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:16 AM

I agree. I hope the Lakers have learned their lesson and have been in touch with NOP for a while about AD. When teams are caught off guard, they seem to take a "Never Lakers" stance no matter what...and the Lakers seem to play hard ball.

If it's going to happen, my gut says it happens in the next couple of days. If it drags on through the weekend, we aren't likely to win a bidding war. Too many teams will realize how crazy a team with LeBron and AD would be and realize they need to stop this even if it means overpaying to do so.

Once the bidding war gets crazy, we're out.

I disagree on bidding war. I mean in reality the Lakers have Lebron which obviously entices Davis and then the best package of young guys any “playoff” team has

Sure there’s other teams like Phoenix that may have more young talent but they aren’t stupid enough to trade for Davis

I just think the Lakers can’t hardball them

It’s just not worth it. In all seriousness Davis will only be 28 going on 29 when lebrons contract expires. That means we likely get 3-4 more prime years out of him, and another 2 years of all star effective play

It’s worth the risk. Lakers can keep Wagner, svi and probably hart. That’s enough depth. Lakers can keep rondo, that’s enough firepower with Lebron and Davis

I just think you negotiate but if they say, send us all 3 or no deal

I say the Lakers do it. No chance imo that the young guys amount to Anthony Davis even as combined players
Posted Image

#50 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,421 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:18 AM

I wonder if the Lakers get rid of Lonzo would they involve a third team like the Grizz to get Conley

Money won't work. Conley is making 30+ mill.

#51 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,924 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:21 AM

you guys realize this man has never played full season without having some sort of injuries?

I guess you have to look at games played and the type of injuries.  There is nothing I know of that is sign of a systemic issue, like Dwight's back.  He plays 70 or so games every year, that's considered a "full" year for most players.

#52 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,421 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:22 AM

Im getting KG 2.0 feeling here. Lakers will wait till offseason being overconfident and celtics will nab him completing their super team and I don't see some miracle pau like trade to save us this time. You gotta be proactive with this stuff. The best teams are the ones willing to make the moves. Guys like Ingram, Kuz, and even Zo should not be preventing trades for players like AD. Lebron and AD on the same team open up so many options for so many years. I just don't get what the hesitation is. I understand if NO wants to wait but if they are willing to talk you get this done now. 

• GCMD, Jackson and LakerGeezer like this

#53 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,924 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:25 AM

This is the reason we never traded for Kawhi, Beal etc.  Rob and Magic knew this day was probably coming.  I'd rather be in a position to make a run at AD, than trade for any other player in the league right now.  Thanks to the FO for having the vision to position us for this.

#54 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,421 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:27 AM

His games played are pretty normal for a big man having to do all the work. Last 2 seasons he played 75 out of 82 games and this one he was just out due to a finger injury but is back this week. Really he doesn't have that bad of health issues. He had issues staying on his first few seasons but this season and last 2 have been fine. 

#55 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:27 AM

Im getting KG 2.0 feeling here. Lakers will wait till offseason being overconfident and celtics will nab him completing their super team and I don't see some miracle pau like trade to save us this time. You gotta be proactive with this stuff. The best teams are the ones willing to make the moves. Guys like Ingram, Kuz, and even Zo should not be preventing trades for players like AD. Lebron and AD on the same team open up so many options for so many years. I just don't get what the hesitation is. I understand if NO wants to wait but if they are willing to talk you get this done now.

I’m not

I mean KG was literally Kevin mchale and Danny ainge doing each other solids

It’s the forgotten side of that deal. That those two close friends were in cahoots

Also magic imo would grab AD in a heartbeat if the pelicans open the lines

He’s a showman and what would be a bigger show than AD coming to LA in unison with Lebron returning from injury as the Lakers climb the standings and take the league by storm
  • LakerGeezer likes this
Posted Image

#56 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,421 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:29 AM

Interesting update. NO media removes AD from FB header.  

https://www.reddit.c...ed_their_cover/

#57 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,421 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:33 AM

I’m not

I mean KG was literally Kevin mchale and Danny ainge doing each other solids

It’s the forgotten side of that deal. That those two close friends were in cahoots

Also magic imo would grab AD in a heartbeat if the pelicans open the lines

He’s a showman and what would be a bigger show than AD coming to LA in unison with Lebron returning from injury as the Lakers climb the standings and take the league by storm

My concern is Magic thinks he has a solid plan that can't fail and he's overconfident there. The whole PG thing was a clear miss on the lakers and he was part of their initial plans. Of course PG is no AD but it still worries me that Magic is just assuming he can will this to happen without being proactive with trades.

• Jackson likes this

#58 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:35 AM

I don't care which player is included or which player is not included. Take them all. Get this [expletive] done ASAP. DO NOT WAIT TILL THE OFFSEASON!

#59 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,924 posts

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:36 AM

My concern is Magic thinks he has a solid plan that can't fail and he's overconfident there. The whole PG thing was a clear miss on the lakers and he was part of their initial plans. Of course PG is no AD but it still worries me that Magic is just assuming he can will this to happen without being proactive with trades.

Well, we gotta trust, since we dont really know what Magic thinks.  Would have liked to see PG sign, but he's no AD.  No one else in the league is.  I dont view not getting PG as a Magic "miss"; you make your pitch and let things land where they may.  Magic was the single biggest factor in landing Lebron, so I'll trust him to analyze a potential AD deal and pull the trigger if it makes sense.

#60 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 28, 2019 - 11:37 AM

Solid concern. No matter how anyone spins it, the PG13 miss was a huge blunder for the FO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anthony davis, lakers, rich paul

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)