52 replies to this topic

#1 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 26, 2019 - 07:03 AM

I know we all want Walton fired, and now the Franchise Cancer's Crew has Spoken. I really really hope he does NOT get fired now, these are the freakin Lakers, not the cHeat or Cavs. I get it, Magic did it, but he went up to Buss himself and didnt use his GOONS to get his message across. Can they just trade Lebron for pieces, this is a joke... to think this franchsie could have waited one more season, gotten Leonard and traded for Unibrow. Unless the Lakers make a big trade, no one of any significance will sign with the Lakers to play with this BUM

Dont get your feelings hurt, Lebron hasn't done [deleted] for the Lakers yet....

MacMullan: LeBron James' Camp Prefers Luke Walton to Be Fired as Lakers HC

ESPN senior writer Jackie MacMullan joined the Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective podcast on Friday and speculated that Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James' camp "would prefer a coaching change" away from L.A. head coach Luke Walton.
"It's clear to me, and probably to you, Brian, that LeBron's camp would prefer a coaching change—they're not too subtle about that," MacMullan said per transcribed remarks from Score NBA news editor Chicco Nacion.
"Not LeBron, but all the people around LeBron. There's plenty of them and they've made it known. I don't think this is a shock, is it?"
The 25-24 Lakers are currently on the outside looking into the Western Conference playoff picture in ninth place.
They beat the Golden State Warriors 127-101 in a Christmas Day road battle, but James suffered an injured groin.
L.A. has since gone just 5-10, including losses to the 10-36 New York Knicks and 9-40 Cleveland Cavaliers. The Lakers are also just 21st in offensive efficiency.
In fairness to Walton, the team looked like it had turned a page during that Warriors game, and the Lakers are also mostly solid on defense as evidenced by their ninth-place mark in efficiency on that end. L.A. has also been without backup point guard Rajon Rondo for 34 games as he suffered various injuries.
On the flip side, it's still surprising to see a team marked as a strong playoff contenderbefore the season just one game over .500 with the All-Star break approaching, which could naturally lead to some internal issues. MacMullan spoke about some reported problems on the podcast:
"There's a lot of tension in that building. I think people are wondering about Luke Walton, even though (owner and president) Jeanie Buss came out very strongly and said, 'I want Luke to be here, I back him 100 percent,' but then also made the point that has to be made—and that is that she hired Earvin 'Magic' Johnson to make these decisions."
Although the Lakers are struggling, help may be on the horizon. Walton mentioned to Mike Trudell and others on Thursday that James had not yet been ruled out for Sunday's game with the Phoenix Suns. Trudell also said James has been doing some drills as of Wednesday.

Edited by fido, January 28, 2019 - 03:39 PM.

#2 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Fan Since:84

Posted January 26, 2019 - 07:50 AM

Lebron is the greatest player in the world, and has been for some time.  Check yourself.  

• GCMD, bfc1125roy and Nightmare like this

#3 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 07:51 AM

Lebron is the greatest player in the world, and has been for some time. Check yourself.

Great. What has he done for this franchise? Check yourself.

Let me know when Player = great GM

Edited by BORNINLA, January 26, 2019 - 07:52 AM.

#4 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2019 - 09:30 AM

Great. What has he done for this franchise? Check yourself.

Let me know when Player = great GM

He made this team a playoff contender when they legit can't beat the bottom feeders attempting to tank in the east without him and he is the only reason any free agents are going to consider signing with the team, he is also as accomplished a GM as the Lakers currently have and is the best player in the world, maybe ever, gtfouttahere

• GCMD, bfc1125roy and BigBaller like this

#5 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 09:49 AM

He made this team a playoff contender when they legit can't beat the bottom feeders attempting to tank in the east without him and he is the only reason any free agents are going to consider signing with the team, he is also as accomplished a GM as the Lakers currently have and is the best player in the world, maybe ever, gtfouttahere

Name another free agent Superstar in his prime who came to his team on his own accord without being traded for..... go ahead Ill wait...

Playoff contender? Congratulations. This team was going to be a playoff contender with PG13 on the team. Guess what? He bailed because he didnt want to play with the Franchise Cancer.

Edited by BORNINLA, January 26, 2019 - 09:51 AM.

#6 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2019 - 10:06 AM

Name another free agent Superstar in his prime who came to his team on his own accord without being traded for..... go ahead Ill wait...

Playoff contender? Congratulations. This team was going to be a playoff contender with PG13 on the team. Guess what? He bailed because he didnt want to play with the Franchise Cancer.

PG13 isn't LeBron, and doesn't move the needle for free agents or anything else the way that LeBron does.  Period, end of argument. You are comparing a guy who is a nice, maybe even great player with a guy who has gone to the NBA finals every year for nearly a decade, by carrying his team on his back, same as he was doing for the Lakers before he got hurt.  Lets look at this from a free agents stand point, you are gonna get paid the same money from every team.  Do you want to come to a team that has Lonzo, BI and the other young guys OR do you want to come to a team that has all of those guys plus the best player in the game.  LeBron had no problem attracting quality free agents in Miami and LA is a lot more like Miami than Cleveland.  When the Lakers sign Kawhi, AD or whomever else they get this offseason, its gonna be because those guys want to play with LeBron and no reason other than that.  If they strike out, then you can start with your narrative of "nobody wants to play with LeBron" because the plan all along was to get LeBron in 2018 (mission accomplished) see what the Lakers have with the young guys (a decent team with LeBron, a bad team without him, no shock there) and then get another of the biggest names in 2019.  

• GCMD, bfc1125roy and Nightmare like this

#7 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 10:23 AM

PG13 isn't LeBron, and doesn't move the needle for free agents or anything else the way that LeBron does.  Period, end of argument. You are comparing a guy who is a nice, maybe even great player with a guy who has gone to the NBA finals every year for nearly a decade, by carrying his team on his back, same as he was doing for the Lakers before he got hurt.  Lets look at this from a free agents stand point, you are gonna get paid the same money from every team.  Do you want to come to a team that has Lonzo, BI and the other young guys OR do you want to come to a team that has all of those guys plus the best player in the game.  LeBron had no problem attracting quality free agents in Miami and LA is a lot more like Miami than Cleveland.  When the Lakers sign Kawhi, AD or whomever else they get this offseason, its gonna be because those guys want to play with LeBron and no reason other than that.  If they strike out, then you can start with your narrative of "nobody wants to play with LeBron" because the plan all along was to get LeBron in 2018 (mission accomplished) see what the Lakers have with the young guys (a decent team with LeBron, a bad team without him, no shock there) and then get another of the biggest names in 2019.  

Put asterisk next to that NBA Finals every year, super teams in a non competitive conference...... now he faces a challenge every night and would rather fake an injury than try to win. 

"Carrying his team on his back",  great way to rewrite history.  Did we forget he had Bosch and Wade?  Did we forget Allen and Irving saved his arse from embarrasment?  Same as he was doing with the Lakers? How many games did the Lakers lose because of Lebron ISOS and poor FT shooting? 

I'm still waiting on those Superstars in their prime that went willingly to Miami and Cleveland....... just go ahead and say NONE....

Leonard has already given indications he has no interest in coming to the Lakers and would rather go to the Clippers. Lebron is now on Social Media trying to recruit Irving.  Frankly I would have preferred PG13 with a chance to land Klay Thompson or AD.   Mark my words, the Lakers will not sign another big free agent unless they make a trade.  Lebron and his crew are a Cancer.  It's the readon Irving left, it's the reason no one wanted to sign in Cleveland. Period.

Edited by BORNINLA, January 26, 2019 - 10:24 AM.

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,223 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2019 - 10:48 AM

How do you fake an injury to medical staff though? I just don't get that argument.

• GCMD and bfc1125roy like this

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#9 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 11:20 AM

How do you fake an injury to medical staff though? I just don't get that argument.

First off the Lakers Medical staff is incompetent. Second, see Kwahi Leonard. Third, its Lebron James. If he doesnt want to play he wont.

#10 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,396 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 26, 2019 - 11:29 AM

Dude ffs save your breath LeBron isn't going anywhere. Like I suggested previously maybe just don't watch for a few years if you really can't stand the guy. I'm not questioning you as a fan but no amount of belly aching is going to make LeBron go away lol

Edited by lakerfan98, January 26, 2019 - 11:40 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#11 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 11:38 AM

Dude ffs save your breath LeBron isn't going anywhere. Like I suggested previously maybe just don't watch for a few years if you really can't stand the guy.

I can stand him as a player. I cant stand him as a GM.

#12 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,082 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted January 26, 2019 - 12:25 PM

Well I wouldn't call him a cancer, but he is kind of a coach killer lol.

I would trade LeBron for Giannis, but this ain't 2k

#13 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2019 - 03:30 PM

I kinda wish we had a system to vote down threads like these.

• Persian Gulf and Jody Smokes like this

#14 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 03:37 PM

I kinda wish we had a system to vote down threads like these.

I wish we would stop giving Lebron a pass everytime he comes in and destroys a team with his “CREW”

Is someone going to name that Superstar in his prime that willingly singed to a Lebron led team? Or are we just going to keep coming up with excuses for Lebron.

Looks like Ty Lue is making a comeback....

#15 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 03:44 PM

I wish we would stop giving Lebron a pass everytime he comes in and destroys a team with his “CREW”

Is someone going to name that Superstar in his prime that willingly singed to a Lebron led team? Or are we just going to keep coming up with excuses for Lebron.

Looks like Ty Lue is making a comeback....

Nothing you've said is true.  If you want to have a serious discussion, you can't lead off with "fake news".

And your question about a Free agent Superstar signing, Look at Kobe.  Kobe never had a Superstar Free Agent come here either even when he was much younger.

Edited by GCMD, January 26, 2019 - 03:44 PM.

• fido and bfc1125roy like this

#16 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 03:48 PM

Nothing you've said is true.  If you want to have a serious discussion, you can't lead off with "fake news".

And your question about a Free agent Superstar signing, Look at Kobe.  Kobe never had a Superstar Free Agent come here either even when he was much younger.

“fake news” from two of the people who have followed Lebron throughout his career? I like how anything negatuve about Lebron is dismissed immediately. If it’s not arse kissing Lebron then it’s not true. Almost as bad as the ones who never wanted to get rid of Ingram.

And how did that turn out for Kobe in his later years?

#17 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 03:59 PM

“fake news” from two of the people who have followed Lebron throughout his career? I like how anything negatuve about Lebron is dismissed immediately. If it’s not arse kissing Lebron then it’s not true. Almost as bad as the ones who never wanted to get rid of Ingram.

And how did that turn out for Kobe in his later years?

I opposed giving Kobe that massive "Loyalty Contract".  That has nothing to do with LeBron.

Kobe got Phil fired...and Brown...and MDA.  Most Superstars have the same power...especially if they are the best player on the planet.  That's not negative...it's reality.

Nothing you've said doesn't apply to any other top 5 player in the NBA:

KD

Kawhi

Steph

Harden

If they want a coach fired, he gets fired.

If they want a player moved, that player gets moved.

If you don't like that, that's a personal issue.  If you don't like LeBron because he has that power, be fair as say you don't want any top 5-10 player who has that power.

If not, don't expect me to take your blind LeBron Hate seriously.

• Nightmare likes this

#18 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 04:22 PM

I opposed giving Kobe that massive "Loyalty Contract". That has nothing to do with LeBron.

Kobe got Phil fired...and Brown...and MDA. Most Superstars have the same power...especially if they are the best player on the planet. That's not negative...it's reality.

Nothing you've said doesn't apply to any other top 5 player in the NBA:

KD
Kawhi
Steph
Harden

If they want a coach fired, he gets fired.
If they want a player moved, that player gets moved.

If you don't like that, that's a personal issue. If you don't like LeBron because he has that power, be fair as say you don't want any top 5-10 player who has that power.

If not, don't expect me to take your blind LeBron Hate seriously.

Please post links where Kobe got Phil, Mike Brown and MDA fired... Ill wait....

Steph - KD / Boogie
Harden - CP3
Kawhi - Aldridge

Hell, even Westbrick for PG13 back...

I’d like to know why Lebrons “crew” is so feared in The NBA.... pathetic..

Try again.

Edited by BORNINLA, January 26, 2019 - 04:25 PM.

#19 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,966 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 04:36 PM

Please post links where Kobe got Phil, Mike Brown and MDA fired... Ill wait....

Steph - KD / Boogie
Harden - CP3
Kawhi - Aldridge

Hell, even Westbrick for PG13 back...

I’d like to know why Lebrons “crew” is so feared in The NBA.... pathetic..

Try again.

Dude, I'm not doing this "Donald Trump" type debate.  If you're going to deny what every Lakers fans knows and pick apart articles or proof so that you can move the goal posts again and say that's not what you mean, we're done.  Nothing to discuss.

Steph had a 73-9 win team.  The TEAM lured KD in...same with the NBA Champions that DMC joined.

CP3 was TRADED to HOU.

Aldridge joined that team for DUNCAN, TP, Manu and Kawhi, not just Kawhi.

PG13?  LOL...he's more like Superstar Adjacent.

If you're not going to take this seriously, I'm out.  Not going to keep "kicking a puppy".

LeBron is the best player in the world.  When you're the best, you can grab them by the --- and they let you do it!  (j/k, obviously).  If you don't like that, simple solution:

giphy.gif

29 other teams you can watch.  No one is holding you hostage here.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#20 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,348 posts

Posted January 26, 2019 - 04:41 PM

Dude, I'm not doing this "Donald Trump" type debate. If you're going to deny what every Lakers fans knows and pick apart articles or proof so that you can move the goal posts again and say that's not what you mean, we're done. Nothing to discuss.

Steph had a 73-9 win team. The TEAM lured KD in...same with the NBA Champions that DMC joined.
CP3 was TRADED to HOU.
Aldridge joined that team for DUNCAN, TP, Manu and Kawhi, not just Kawhi.

PG13? LOL...he's more like Superstar Adjacent.

If you're not going to take this seriously, I'm out. Not going to keep "kicking a puppy".

LeBron is the best player in the world. When you're the best, you can grab them by the --- and they let you do it! (j/k, obviously). If you don't like that, simple solution:

giphy.gif

29 other teams you can watch. No one is holding you hostage here.

But you are doing the “Donald Trump thing” I suspect you have your Red Hat on calling an articles “Fake News” and coming up with narratives about other Superstars that dont exist. Like Kobe getting Phil fire lol

Your argument “Lebron is the best player in the world” doesnt make him the best GM in the world. Nowhere on this thread have I questioned Lebrons play, athleticism or skill. But you want to make it about that. 29 other teams? Great, like I said you must have your Red Hat on “love it or leave it” ‘Merica

Edited by BORNINLA, January 26, 2019 - 04:45 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)