Photo

Lonzo Ball shooting 41% free throws. Acceptable?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 13, 2019 - 08:42 PM

We know a lot of people like to make excuses for his poor shooting.  Let's hear the excuses for Lonzo Ball, a point guard, shooting 41% from the free throw line. Not even Deandre Jordan ever shot that poorly from the line.

This is unacceptable for a Laker, period.

• Jackson and MaceWindu like this

#2 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,064 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 13, 2019 - 08:58 PM

Its acceptable... those passes, he does the little things... that D...

A [expletive]en PG that cant shoot FTs during the regular season.... yet we expect this clown to be ready in the playoffs? Finals?

SMH

#3 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,504 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 13, 2019 - 09:01 PM

Its acceptable... those passes, he does the little things... that D...

A [expletive]en PG that cant shoot FTs during the regular season.... yet we expect this clown to be ready in the playoffs? Finals?

SMH

Umm what about the good screens he sets and stuff

• BORNINLA likes this

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,366 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 13, 2019 - 10:25 PM

I bet all 3 of y'all are outta shape based on this

#5 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted January 13, 2019 - 10:48 PM

LMAOOOO

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,099 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2019 - 11:45 PM

Lonzo Ball will go down as one of the worst freethrow shooters in history when it's all said and done.

You know what ? I wonder when will teams start to recognise his complete inability to make freethrows and start fouling him intentonally - "Hack-a-Zo".

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,781 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 14, 2019 - 12:21 AM

It's pretty bad and they need to work on that.

#8 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2019 - 06:39 AM

It’s not acceptable but it’s the reality of the situation. If you can’t shoot free throws you become a major liability in crunch time and aren’t going to be able to play.

#9 dazz

dazz

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 06:46 AM

Stu hit the nail in the head last night. Zo needs a routine in his free throws, he just throws the ball up there like it's blazing hot

2s6lb11.jpg

#10 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 06:59 AM

Stu hit the nail in the head last night. Zo needs a routine in his free throws, he just throws the ball up there like it's blazing hot

There are literally people in the world who can with 100% effectiveness help any free throw shooting. It’s pure mechanics. There are 70 year olds who can hit at 90 percent clips off muscle memory alone. no reason that a professional athlete can’t hit a reasonable amount. It’s mental and physical for Lonzo at this point, but even deandre Jordan has fixed his and he was shooting air balls a couple seasons ago.

#11 dazz

dazz

• 1,422 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 07:20 AM

There are literally people in the world who can with 100% effectiveness help any free throw shooting. It’s pure mechanics. There are 70 year olds who can hit at 90 percent clips off muscle memory alone. no reason that a professional athlete can’t hit a reasonable amount. It’s mental and physical for Lonzo at this point, but even deandre Jordan has fixed his and he was shooting air balls a couple seasons ago.

Yeah, that's why I still have hopes for Zo and BI. They just need to spend enough time honing their shooting skills. Ingram also needs to bulk up but the game would open up immensely for both of them if they could shoot 3's and FT's at a good clip. I know at this point most people have given up on them, or at least on Ingram but not me.

Ingram has actually worked on his FT shooting, you can tell by the arc in his shot, which is much less than it was last season, it simply isn't paying off right now so more work is needed

Edited by dazz, January 14, 2019 - 07:24 AM.

2s6lb11.jpg

#12 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 14, 2019 - 07:50 AM

Excuses for all need to stop. No one should be shooting that poorly in the history of the game. These guys in general have had more than enough opportunity

#13 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 5,015 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted January 14, 2019 - 08:11 AM

Unacceptable.

#14 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,611 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 14, 2019 - 09:41 AM

Deandre Jordan is shooting what 80 percent or some wild [expletive] like that? He literally just changed his mechanics. The fact this hasn’t been done with the team shows why Luke should be fired.
  • BORNINLA likes this

#15 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 11:31 AM

They are so good in the fast break and in the paint that they lose games by 3 point shooting and poor free throws makes me really question if they have an analytics department at all. The percentages and basic math suggest that they should be playing almost entirely in the paint, unfortunately that will lead to even more free throws which is rough, they need to improve big time and there is no two ways about it, they are losing games because of these very very obvious errors that are correctable by just general gameplan and an emphasis on improving freebies. They are fortunate their defense has been able to keep them in games because their offense is legit laughable and close to worst in the league.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,366 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 14, 2019 - 12:37 PM

Deandre Jordan is shooting what 80 percent or some wild [expletive] like that? He literally just changed his mechanics. The fact this hasn’t been done with the team shows why Luke should be fired.

Y'all really think Luke is responsible for that?
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,490 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2019 - 01:51 PM

To me, the more alarming thing is the fact that our young guys with the exception of Kuz (and even him to a degree) might just be mentally soft which is evidenced by this horrendous FT shooting. If you can’t adjust as a professional basketball player wtf is wrong with you

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,665 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 14, 2019 - 08:12 PM

This is silly.

FTs are all about reps.  Period.  This is by far the easiest thing for guards to improve.  Muscle Memory...

Baby.  Bath Water...figure it out.

Edited by GCMD, January 14, 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#19 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,504 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 14, 2019 - 10:34 PM

This is silly.

FTs are all about reps.  Period.  This is by far the easiest thing for guards to improve.  Muscle Memory...

Baby.  Bath Water...figure it out.

Then why is it getting progressively worse?

#20 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,879 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 AM

Then why is it getting progressively worse?

and he's been playing basketball his entire life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users