1776 replies to this topic

#1761 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,041 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Today, 03:18 AM

Beal proposals need to consider precedent and his potential role on the team being worth what you give up.

-Jimmy Butler (2 years left, older but better than Beal) was combined with the #16 pick and moved for Dunn, Lavine and the #7 pick.

-Cousins (same tier? 2 years left) was moved for Hield and a protected lottery pick.

Ingram, Lonzo, and Kuzma is an overpay. Is Beal as a #2 doing anything in the West? Hasn’t in the East. Is Beal as a #3 making $27M worth giving up multiple young players? If you have LeBron and Kawhi, what’s his role? He needs touches. He’s not Klay where he’s comfortable sitting in the corner eating off everyone else. Can’t do it nearly as well, either. At that point, I’d argue you’re better off signing 3/D and good role players to maximize what your 2 stars can give you.

Beal would be awesome but if we sign a max player its impossible to get him unless we send out about 21m i salary, which is impossible unless we give up the entire farm.

#1762 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted Today, 05:38 AM

And then Beal I like a lot, and if we sign khawi? I’m all for shipping everyone for Beal, tbh I’d like to somehow keep the pick, send kuzma, Ingram and lonzo for Beal

Or keep lonzo and ship the pick

Depends on if the Lakers valued garland or white over lonzo

But either wAy, I’m making that move if khawi signs. 10/10 times

The idea of having

Lebron
Khawi
Beal
Lonzo or 4th pick

Is right up my alley

I actually like this... I would prefer to keep the pick in this scenario and roll out:

Garland

Beal

Kawhi

Bron

#1763 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,041 posts

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

Just keep it simple.

Draft BPA.
Sign Kawhi.
Use roomMLE on BPA.
Use future picks and young assets to round out the roster.
  • Massacre likes this

#1764 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted Today, 07:26 AM

Just keep it simple.

Draft BPA.
Sign Kawhi.
Use roomMLE on BPA.
Use future picks and young assets to round out the roster.

Sounds so easy... 

#1765 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,133 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 08:10 AM

Sounds so easy... 

It is, just randomly sign one of the top 5 players in the league and you are set.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#1766 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,041 posts

Posted Today, 08:22 AM

Sounds so easy...

My point is that there isnt any reason to overthink the situation. Just go BPA at the draft and see if we cant sign one of the big names in free agency. Then the pressure is off and we can work out the rest as we go.

I'd we strike out then its time to be creative.
  • LACAS likes this

#1767 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted Today, 08:38 AM

My point is that there isnt any reason to overthink the situation. Just go BPA at the draft and see if we cant sign one of the big names in free agency. Then the pressure is off and we can work out the rest as we go.

I'd we strike out then its time to be creative.

Agreed on all accounts.

#1768 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Stay Woke

• 1,211 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted Today, 10:55 AM

I'm wondering, why would Washington trade Beal tho?

#1769 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,041 posts

Posted Today, 11:05 AM

I'm wondering, why would Washington trade Beal tho?

Well, that's another problem that people seem to ignore. Beal is the only real asset they have and he's under contract for two more years, so they're probably not too interested in moving him. At the same time, they aren't going anywhere and maybe they need to move Beal in order to start over.

#1770 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,421 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 01:44 PM

I'd rather have Terry Rozier at anything less than 20M/yr than Kemba at >30M/year.  Kyrie is obviously my first choice Free Agent PG, of course.  Kemba is not my 2nd.

I'd rather Randle as a Free Agent than wait all summer for NOP to tell us no.

I'd rather have Beal if we land Kawhi than Ingram/Kuzma/4th pick.  Don't forget that the 4th pick won't be on LeBron/Kawhi's timeline/Ch'ip Window.

Rozier

Lonzo

LeBron

Kuzma

Randle

Lonzo

Beal

Kawhi

LeBron

McGee

I'm good with either of those and am flexible on keeping the kids.  Only reason to keep the pick is if we can't land a star in trade with it.

Edited by GCMD, Today, 01:45 PM.

#1771 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,696 posts

Posted Today, 01:45 PM

Washington has all the incentive in the world to trade Beal

John wall is done, and he still has a skyscraper contract

Beal is a bigger contract than they need

They’d be better off with a draft pick and the cap relief with some prospects

To start over. I’d be surprised if they don’t trade Beal.
  • LakeShow1o1 likes this
Posted Image

#1772 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,283 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Today, 01:46 PM

Agree

Not that I would even really want to have to pay Rozier.  
However if it came down to paying Rozer (roughly $14-$18 million is what I think he'll make) I'd much rather go that route than paying Kemba the max.

• GCMD likes this

#1773 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 8,283 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Today, 01:46 PM

Yeah, they're going to click the reset button very soon.

I don't see any scenario where he's still in Washington by next years trade deadline.

• GCMD likes this

#1774 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,421 posts

Posted Today, 02:13 PM

They started last year, trading Otto Porter and Kelly Oubre.

Agree

Not that I would even really want to have to pay Rozier.  
However if it came down to paying Rozer (roughly $14-$18 million is what I think he'll make) I'd much rather go that route than paying Kemba the max.

No doubt.  Much better defender and plays better with increased role/value.

Yeah, they're going to click the reset button very soon.

I don't see any scenario where he's still in Washington by next years trade deadline.

I felt this coming last year.  That's why I kept saying we should try to trade for Beal, even as early as November 2018.  I couldn't explain that feeling but it just stayed with me.  If we had tried to make a move for him during the season when everything was going wrong for WAS, we may have gotten away with getting him for less than the #4 pick or they could have said absolutely not.

I think the best way to sell WAS on moving Beal is them getting assets to help move Wall's contract.  #4/Ingram/Kuzma could help grease the wheels in part or whole in a potential Wall-out-of-WAS transaction.

#1775 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 680 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted Today, 03:11 PM

Thanks for bringing up the Butler and cousins trades. That’s largely why I feel like we don’t need to give up too much for Beal. 4th pick + one of Kuzma/Ingram is a very solid trade. Especially if you throw in hart. Our guys aren’t world beaters but neither is Beal.

As for why we’d want Beal, even making 27million a year, is that we can trust him to produce when we need it. We can’t alwaus have Lebron and kawhi on the floor and we need a go to third option. We can go out and get good role players but they’re role players for a reason. Beal is a cut above those guys and a cut below kawhi/Lebron.

As a third option, Beal is worth trading some of our assets. Never all of them though.

I’m on the fence about how much to give up for AD. If KD leaves GSW then I’m more amenable to giving up the farm and the kitchen sink but if he stays...I’d reconsider

Beal proposals need to consider precedent and his potential role on the team being worth what you give up.

-Jimmy Butler (2 years left, older but better than Beal) was combined with the #16 pick and moved for Dunn, Lavine and the #7 pick.

-Cousins (same tier? 2 years left) was moved for Hield and a protected lottery pick.

Ingram, Lonzo, and Kuzma is an overpay. Is Beal as a #2 doing anything in the West? Hasn’t in the East. Is Beal as a #3 making $27M worth giving up multiple young players? If you have LeBron and Kawhi, what’s his role? He needs touches. He’s not Klay where he’s comfortable sitting in the corner eating off everyone else. Can’t do it nearly as well, either. At that point, I’d argue you’re better off signing 3/D and good role players to maximize what your 2 stars can give you.

#1776 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,421 posts

Posted Today, 03:35 PM

Beal is a combo guard, able to breakdown the defense and create for others, same role Kyrie had for the Cavs teams.

Beal is a good catch and shoot guard, able to move well off the ball and make good decisions going downhill.

Beal is an excellent P&R player, able to squirt free and finish strong at the rim.

Beal has spent his entire career in WAS playing off of and next to a ball dominant Star in John Wall.

To put it bluntly, Beal is a better fit to LeBron than ANYONE on this team or ANY Free Agent available this year...

The question isn't what Beal would do next to LeBron and Kawhi.  It's what COULDN'T he do?  

Defend?  

Pass?  

Shoot?  

Move without the ball?  

Create his own shot?

Create shots for others?

All at an ALLSTAR Level?

And moving forward, if Kawhi or LeBron got hurt, could Beal step in and be the #2 for a while?  He posted 25.6/5.0/5.5 this year and made the AllStar team for the 2nd year in a row.  He's only 25, turning 26 in June.  Why wouldn't he be a great #2 for the future next to Kawhi?

Seriously, what's the big deal here?  I'm not getting it.  What's the real issue?

As a coach who's ran and supervised basketball camps/workouts, you can watch Beal and see all of the drills he's put in the work to perfect.  If you could create a prototypical Shooting Guard/Combo Guard, you'd be hard pressed to create one better in 2K.

Edited by GCMD, Today, 03:37 PM.

• LACAS likes this

#1777 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,332 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted Today, 06:04 PM

I read an article that said that Beal said he doesn't know if he will re-up with Washington because he wants to see how they will improve first

If he does not, they may just trade him

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, Today, 06:05 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

RobBlake