2019 Lakers Free Agency/Trade Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1195 replies to this topic

#1141 dazz

dazz

• 1,549 posts

Posted April 12, 2019 - 07:15 AM

oops, wrong thread, sorry

Edited by dazz, April 12, 2019 - 07:21 AM.

2s6lb11.jpg

#1142 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,176 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 14, 2019 - 09:12 PM

Fadeaway World gives their take on a rumor that circulated through the season.
https://t.co/brZ3WjDtz7

Basically the rumor was Ball for Dunn and thus year 4th pick

#1143 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,954 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 14, 2019 - 11:42 PM

Fadeaway World gives their take on a rumor that circulated through the season.
https://t.co/brZ3WjDtz7

Basically the rumor was Ball for Dunn and thus year 4th pick

That would be beyond stupid. Lonzo will be a great fit with whoever we manage to get this summer. Kyrie/Kemba - Lonzo will be the starting 2. Kawhi/Butler - Lonzo will be the starting 1.

• BORNINLA likes this

#1144 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,964 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 01:19 PM

John Ireland said today that someone “plugged in” has told him Kawhi is not going to the Clippers. Ireland usually doesn’t speak on things/report unless he’s certain.

Even if he doesn’t end up a Laker, I’ll take satisfaction in him not being a Clipper.

I have a good feeling about Kawhi.

• FranklinPeanuts and Adam like this

#1145 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,176 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 02:40 PM

This dude on Twitter name mr untouchable had been saying this for a minute now. Leonard. He has dropped some good stuff a day or two before it happen. He spoke on the chat Luke had with management about an extension but he didn't get it and they parted ways. The next day or 2 days later Ramona said it on espnla710. He out this too about Leonard a mo th ago that he is not going to the Clippers. I do not know of he is credible but he has a had a couple of tweets that sounded true so far. Soooooo, he days Leonard will be a Lakers on July 1st

Update: I’ve been told Kawhi to Lakers has been in the works since last summer. It’s been part of the plan for Kawhi to be in L.A and contrary to other reports he loves the idea of playing next to LeBron James and Brandon Ingram.

Again, I dont know how credible he is and he could just posting for click bait... I believe him for some reason
  • Adam likes this

#1146 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,176 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 02:40 PM

And if it ain't true.... oh well. But its the only hope I got. Lol

#1147 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,939 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2019 - 02:56 PM

I think we should try to go after Danny Green.

#1148 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,964 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 03:00 PM

He’s called some obvious stuff, and it’s hard to take someone serious with such a username. But he was correct in saying that the Lakers will be traveling East to meet with Monty. I believe he reported this shortly before Woj did. Who knows.

Throw a lot of [expletive] at the wall something is bound to stick, but I do follow him. LFR has corroborated some of the Kawhi stuff he’s said.

This dude on Twitter name mr untouchable had been saying this for a minute now. Leonard. He has dropped some good stuff a day or two before it happen. He spoke on the chat Luke had with management about an extension but he didn't get it and they parted ways. The next day or 2 days later Ramona said it on espnla710. He out this too about Leonard a mo th ago that he is not going to the Clippers. I do not know of he is credible but he has a had a couple of tweets that sounded true so far. Soooooo, he days Leonard will be a Lakers on July 1st

Update: I’ve been told Kawhi to Lakers has been in the works since last summer. It’s been part of the plan for Kawhi to be in L.A and contrary to other reports he loves the idea of playing next to LeBron James and Brandon Ingram.

Again, I dont know how credible he is and he could just posting for click bait... I believe him for some reason

#1149 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,964 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 03:01 PM

I think we should try to go after Danny Green.

Danny Green and Seth Curry are 2 of my top targets this summer. Danny has played with LeBron before so I’m hoping that relationship and potentially building a contender can give the Lakers an advantage.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#1150 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,039 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted April 15, 2019 - 03:07 PM

Danny Green and Seth Curry are 2 of my top targets this summer. Danny has played with LeBron before so I’m hoping that relationship and potentially building a contender can give the Lakers an advantage.

Do they even have a relationship? They only played together for one season I believe and wasn't Green a rookie?

I agree that I'd target these two but we need much more than just them.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#1151 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 15, 2019 - 04:39 PM

I hope it’s true. Leonard can take this franchise out of the gutter and lead them to a ring...

#1152 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,176 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 06:43 PM

He’s called some obvious stuff, and it’s hard to take someone serious with such a username. But he was correct in saying that the Lakers will be traveling East to meet with Monty. I believe he reported this shortly before Woj did. Who knows.

Throw a lot of [expletive] at the wall something is bound to stick, but I do follow him. LFR has corroborated some of the Kawhi stuff he’s said.

He just posted this

Report: Lakers have reached out to Clippers for permission to interview Jerry West for Lakers PBO. Jerry West who is a Free Agent this summer can simply walk away from Clippers.

#1153 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 15, 2019 - 07:42 PM

I gotta say, cousins is one entitled mofo.

To believe any injury would hamper his FA prospects is incredibly presumptuous. He was arguably impactful before the injury and less so afterwards.

Whoever from the lakers passed on Boogie’s broke ass did well. If it’s rob, he’s a savage. Good for him. Boogie is a bum with an ego, don’t sign him to anything.

Edited by MambaMentality, April 15, 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#1154 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,974 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2019 - 08:59 PM

I gotta say, cousins is one entitled mofo.

To believe any injury would hamper his FA prospects is incredibly presumptuous. He was arguably impactful before the injury and less so afterwards.

Whoever from the lakers passed on Boogie’s broke ass did well. If it’s rob, he’s a savage. Good for him. Boogie is a bum with an ego, don’t sign him to anything.

He is not a winning player unless you surround him with an all time team that has no need for him like GSW.

#1155 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,013 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 15, 2019 - 11:16 PM

I'd still offer Cousins something. Dude is still a top center, injured or not.

#1156 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,939 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2019 - 11:56 PM

Here's the route I might go for this FA.

1) Recruit Leonard with everything we have.

2) Offer the farm for AD. Try to keep Ball if possible (fingers crossed for a top 5 pick)

3) Sign Danny Green for MLE. Have Pelinka set him up with 20 million worth of endorsements in LA, something he's never sniffed in Toronto or San Antonio.

4) Fill out roster with minimum contracts

5) Spend any remaining cash on hiring Lonzo Ball 10 shooting coaches, so he can get his 3 PT% up to 33%.

Lineup: 

PG: Ball

SG: Green

SF: Leonard

PF: James

C:  Davis

Honestly, you're looking at a better version of the 76'ers - without the Ben Simmons spacing problem. At least Ball is willing to shoot outside 15 feet. 

Our worst defender would probably be James.

I don't care if our GM is Pob Relinka or Rob Pelinka. We will get to the WCF with that type of defense. Put KCP or whatever Klutch person on a min contract to fill out the bench.

• DanishLakerFan likes this

#1157 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,013 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 16, 2019 - 12:47 AM

Just landing ONE free agent would be a godsend.

#1158 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,954 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 16, 2019 - 04:50 AM

Here's the route I might go for this FA.

1) Recruit Leonard with everything we have.

2) Offer the farm for AD. Try to keep Ball if possible (fingers crossed for a top 5 pick)

3) Sign Danny Green for MLE. Have Pelinka set him up with 20 million worth of endorsements in LA, something he's never sniffed in Toronto or San Antonio.

4) Fill out roster with minimum contracts

5) Spend any remaining cash on hiring Lonzo Ball 10 shooting coaches, so he can get his 3 PT% up to 33%.

Lineup: 

PG: Ball

SG: Green

SF: Leonard

PF: James

C:  Davis

Honestly, you're looking at a better version of the 76'ers - without the Ben Simmons spacing problem. At least Ball is willing to shoot outside 15 feet. 

Our worst defender would probably be James.

I don't care if our GM is Pob Relinka or Rob Pelinka. We will get to the WCF with that type of defense. Put KCP or whatever Klutch person on a min contract to fill out the bench.

This would be the dream scenario in free agency. But there's a lot of versions that could make sense for LA. Generally i believe that if we can land just ONE guy then we're set because we should have the assets/ability to round out the roster and once KD leaves the Warriors i think the field is open.

#1159 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,702 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted April 16, 2019 - 09:49 AM

http://bleacherrepor...66-24ccfc004372

Boogie has a torn quad. There is no way in hell he gets anywhere near a max now. Do fans still want to go after him since I’m sure he will be cheap as [expletive] now.

#1160 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 16, 2019 - 10:07 AM

http://bleacherrepor...66-24ccfc004372

Boogie has a torn quad. There is no way in hell he gets anywhere near a max now. Do fans still want to go after him since I’m sure he will be cheap as [expletive] now.

If the franchise is set on not worrying about the Lakers post Lebron then why not? Sign him to 1 year 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

last stand 2.0