1039 replies to this topic

#961 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,339 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 13, 2019 - 03:44 PM

I go back and forth on him.  He's a great add if and when they strike out on others.  I'd prefer Kuz moved to the bench and Zo at the 2 if he signs. 

Kembra reminded me of NVE, too fast and too furious for his own good.  I really hope we sign Klay.  He would fit next Lebron or Lonzo perfectly.  

Edited by lonlyamongus, March 13, 2019 - 03:45 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#962 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,339 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 13, 2019 - 04:48 PM

Lonzo would be the facilitator and defender. Kemba would only have to worry about playmaking and scoring.

thats what I don’t get, Lonzo is not a spot up shooter and Kemba needs the ball im his hands like Lonzo
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#963 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,544 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 14, 2019 - 05:10 AM

thats what I don’t get, Lonzo is not a spot up shooter and Kemba needs the ball im his hands like Lonzo

Lonzo at the 2 would not work, unless he is expected to be the Dennis Rodman/Draymond Green of the team. I still think it works with Lonzo coming off the bench...

#964 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,614 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2019 - 05:22 AM

How can't Lonzo function as the 2 or even a 3 in some lineups?  He's 6'6" 200 plus with a 6'11" wingspan.  Defensively he matters more as 2 than offensively.  It's always been said that Lonzo in transition is a 1, half court sets he's a 2 until the ability to navigate in pick and roll gets better.  

Unfortunately we only got like 5 games of Lonzo being able to get loose.  If him being the Rodman/Draymond on the team is the best role for the TEAM then so be it.  Those guys have been core important pieces to 2 different dynasties.  

Lonzo at the 2 would not work, unless he is expected to be the Dennis Rodman/Draymond Green of the team. I still think it works with Lonzo coming off the bench...

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#965 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,689 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:22 AM

https://www.lakersna...lks/2019/03/14/

People can say what they want about KD but he had a point about the media around lebron being toxic. I swear we should’ve just kept our old roster and just got Paul George.

#966 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,098 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:45 AM

https://www.lakersna...lks/2019/03/14/

People can say what they want about KD but he had a point about the media around lebron being toxic. I swear we should’ve just kept our old roster and just got Paul George.

I just posted this same article in the LeBron thread. If true about his trade value around the league, WOW.

For me personally, him signing here was all for the money and putting butts in the seats. He does not seem to focused on basketball and building around him, I am not to keen on.

• JayTheGreat likes this

#967 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,689 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:56 AM

I just posted this same article in the LeBron thread. If true about his trade value around the league, WOW.

For me personally, him signing here was all for the money and putting butts in the seats. He does not seem to focused on basketball and building around him, I am not to keen on.

It seems our front office put the cart before the horse. We are close to winning the same amount of games we did last season without lebron.

#968 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,170 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 11:03 AM

Honestly, if Jeanie actually considered doing that, then I have gained so much more respect for her. This is probably what she meant by the fake news reports.

LeBron James and his boys are NOT bigger than the lakers organization. I’m glad his ass got put in place, at least for now.

#969 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 14, 2019 - 11:04 AM

Honestly trading Bron would be the dankest timeline lol. He ain’t getting traded. This prob Jeanie putting her foot down by saying you can’t do as you please around here. Probably

#970 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,614 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 14, 2019 - 02:34 PM

Just keeping it real.  Lebron is box office.  It would be idiotic from a business standpoint to trade him unless he wants out. 

The Lakers are still running a business at the end of the day.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#971 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,098 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2019 - 02:48 PM

Just keeping it real.  Lebron is box office.  It would be idiotic from a business standpoint to trade him unless he wants out. 

The Lakers are still running a business at the end of the day.

Samething I said to other folks. He is here to put butts in the seat and to raise  ticket prices AGAIN.

#972 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:54 PM

Lonzo actually is ok as a spot-up shooter and Lonzo doesn't need the ball in his hands. At all. Also, he can make up for what Kemba lacks defensively. In terms of minute distribution i would say Lonzo would start at the 2 alongside Kemba and then take all minutes as the PG when Kemba sits.

#973 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 14, 2019 - 11:09 PM

Right now, LeBron is the biggest draw in the NBA.  He has more power than anyone in the NBA.  Together with AD and Rich Paul comes LeBron James.  They also have Draymond Green on board.  It's called Power to the Player.   They run the show.  

Lakers won't trade Bron in 100 years.  He's going to retire a Laker.   

Honestly, if Jeanie actually considered doing that, then I have gained so much more respect for her. This is probably what she meant by the fake news reports.

LeBron James and his boys are NOT bigger than the lakers organization. I’m glad his ass got put in place, at least for now.

#974 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,339 posts

Posted March 15, 2019 - 02:08 AM

Lonzo actually is ok as a spot-up shooter and Lonzo doesn't need the ball in his hands. At all. Also, he can make up for what Kemba lacks defensively. In terms of minute distribution i would say Lonzo would start at the 2 alongside Kemba and then take all minutes as the PG when Kemba sits.

no he’s not a great spot up shooter

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#975 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts

Posted March 15, 2019 - 07:04 AM

no he’s not a great spot up shooter

Didnt say he was great. He'll be fine.

#976 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,846 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 15, 2019 - 07:12 AM

why is everyone keeps overating zubac

Were you around for Kendall Marshall or literally any other player that has ever played for the Lakers?
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#977 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,339 posts

Posted March 15, 2019 - 08:21 AM

Were you around for Kendall Marshall or literally any other player that has ever played for the Lakers?

I been a fan since 88 what’s your point

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#978 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,136 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted March 15, 2019 - 08:46 AM

I remember those days when Majesty (at least I think it was him) was trying to make the case that Kendall Marshall could be Nash lite when he was getting 10+ assists
  • lonlyamongus likes this

#979 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,444 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted March 15, 2019 - 10:06 AM

Or Steve Blake cancelling out Tony Parker in 2013 lol

#980 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 12,023 posts

Posted March 15, 2019 - 10:16 AM

^

And now he’s moved ship to Lakersground because of it 😔

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)