• -Wade- likes this

#2 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,105 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 13, 2019 - 11:54 AM

2019 goals: bring back Kobe, Phil head coach, resurrect Tex Winter as assistant, Riley and Magic co-chair the org, trade zubac for AD, sign KD, develop Lonzo Kuz BI into 2019 all stars, win titles until lebron is 40, sign Bronny, Kobe retires with 8 chips and is the GOAT above MJ, we all drink mamba juice in celebration.

#3 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,397 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 13, 2019 - 12:02 PM

2019 goals: bring back Kobe, Phil head coach, resurrect Tex Winter as assistant, Riley and Magic co-chair the org, trade zubac for AD, sign KD, develop Lonzo Kuz BI into 2019 all stars, win titles until lebron is 40, sign Bronny, Kobe retires with 8 chips and is the GOAT above MJ, we all drink mamba juice in celebration.

Eh, some posters would still complain lol

#4 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 240 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 13, 2019 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, but then what?

#5 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,105 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 13, 2019 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, but then what?

Trade lebron for Zion. Duh.

#6 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,109 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2019 - 08:11 PM

Can't wait for Free Agency! But first...let's focus on making the Playoffs. Excited to see how the young core performs at the higher stakes. 

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 13, 2019 - 08:40 PM

Can't wait for Free Agency! But first...let's focus on making the Playoffs. Excited to see how the young core performs at the higher stakes.

They’re not even performing well with lower stakes lol
  • Clutch Factor and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#8 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,796 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 13, 2019 - 08:41 PM

I can't see how free agents and front offices can ignore how the Lakers' young core have been playing. No max FAs should pin their hopes on them to win. No front office should pin their hopes on one of them turning into a star. If the Lakers can get any player close to star-level, they should do it.

Ingram is even worse because he's a free agent after next season. I think it may be time to just trade him for whatever the Lakers can get. It's clear he won't break out(if he ever does) before his 2nd contract, and I don't want the Lakers to pay him just on potential. Paying a lot of money for potential can really back-fire on a team.

#9 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,567 posts

Posted January 13, 2019 - 09:23 PM

It is right about time to trade Ingram.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 13, 2019 - 09:28 PM

Tbh I like japagos idea about Ingram for vucevic, I’d like to even get Ross if possible

Ingram, Stephenson and kcp for vucevic and Ross probably improves us exponentially
Posted Image

#11 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,998 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 13, 2019 - 10:49 PM

Guess whos Ross agent is?
Aaron Mentz
After trading Russell, not paying Randle and getting dissed by PG, how is that trade gonna work? And do you think Magic will pay him anything after this season since they only want to spend on all star players?

#12 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,766 posts

Posted January 13, 2019 - 11:24 PM

I’m as pissed as the next guy but they’re not trading Ingram for Vuc, nor should they. Lol, stop. That’s an extremely reactionary suggestion.

Not looking at his on-court fit, Vuc’s value as a trade piece isn’t that high considering he’s an expiring contract and the multiple rumors I’ve seen floating around consisted of heavily protected firsts, seconds, and young players on far lower tiers than Ingram.

#13 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,567 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 03:04 AM

We need a solid No.2 option big or whatever.

fXlFKv8.gif

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,579 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 14, 2019 - 04:45 AM

The front office needs to address this coaching staff before the players.  Watching the first 3 qtrs the offense is terrible.  Also, not resigning Brook is rearing it's ugly head.  Even I underrated his impact on the offense.  Javale has only been effective when Lebron has played but then again, most roll and catch bigs are.  He got Mozgov 64M. 

• Jackson likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,526 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 14, 2019 - 06:26 AM

McGee being sick and coming back from pneumonia and being asthmatic is rearing it's ugly head.

Tyson has been useless since his 7th game.

The kids have been kids. Not terrible but far from consistent.

But every year as a Lakers fan... Besides the mamba... This team has always been too cool for school. Allowing themselves to get punched in the mouth by lesser teams who we ant to beat the Lakers ... Especially with Bron out. Their fans look at us as a easy win

#16 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 14, 2019 - 07:56 AM

I guess that Bi, Lonzo, KCP and draft picks thing for Leonard this isn't looking to bad

#17 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 09:58 AM

I’m as pissed as the next guy but they’re not trading Ingram for Vuc, nor should they. Lol, stop. That’s an extremely reactionary suggestion.

Not looking at his on-court fit, Vuc’s value as a trade piece isn’t that high considering he’s an expiring contract and the multiple rumors I’ve seen floating around consisted of heavily protected firsts, seconds, and young players on far lower tiers than Ingram.

That’s still operating under the assumption Ingram can land anything better, at this point he’s been more consistent at playing poorly than playing well. In fact even when his stats look okay most of the time I’m shocked to see them. It’s always a “when did he get 18 points I didn’t even notice” vs kuzma or lonzos random games where I can tell they’re playing well. That’s never a good sign

It’s not an overreaction. Vucevic is an expiring who’s playing infinitely better than Ingram, is young enough that he could be worth resigning if we sign another star

Lebron, vucevic, kuzma, ball and another max free agent has a better chance of winning next season than if you replaced vucevic with Ingram

I don’t trust Ingram’s development whatsoever anymore. He’s taken a clear step backwards, and he’s no longer showing any signs of life. He’s had one game in 40 games that people can honestly say he showed signs of life

How can anyone say that’s development? One game? Kuzma has a month on top of several games scattered throughout

I’ve watched every game but one this season and I can honestly say stats both offensively and defensively aren’t telling the full story with Ingram. He’s a non factor most games, has some of the emptiest points I’ve seen, his free throws are abysmal and his defense is overrated

At this point he’s a throw in in a deal for a star. He’s Javaris cittenton in the pau gasol deal he’s not the centerpiece

I’d venture to say his value is likely at the same point as josh Hart’s now

Anyone who takes him on next year is going to have to pay him or let him walk, who’s willing to do that based on his progression trend right now? So why would anyone offer anything of value?
  • JayTheGreat likes this
Posted Image

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 10:00 AM

Guess whos Ross agent is?
Aaron Mentz
After trading Russell, not paying Randle and getting dissed by PG, how is that trade gonna work? And do you think Magic will pay him anything after this season since they only want to spend on all star players?

He wouldn’t be someone you’d resign, I’d sure hope he’d be replaced by a max level guy lol
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this
Posted Image

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,643 posts

Posted January 14, 2019 - 10:04 AM

The front office needs to address this coaching staff before the players. Watching the first 3 qtrs the offense is terrible. Also, not resigning Brook is rearing it's ugly head. Even I underrated his impact on the offense. Javale has only been effective when Lebron has played but then again, most roll and catch bigs are. He got Mozgov 64M.

I mean the coaching staff isn’t living up to their end of the bargain, but neither is the youth department, actual good players can make impact regardless of coaching staff

Look at kuzma, regardless of his streakiness he finds a way to make splashes here and there

Where’s Ingram? At this point lonzo is flashing more and sprinkled throughout, Ingram has one sprinkle and maybe a couple quarter sprinkles
  • GCMD and Jackson like this
Posted Image

#20 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 14, 2019 - 11:37 AM

Lot's of great points here. Unfortunately it looks like LeBron's injury has opened a can of worms that is bigger than most thought. Lot's of red flags visible to the rest of the league.

Edited by Jackson, January 14, 2019 - 11:37 AM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2), lakerfan98, GCMD