#1 trips

trips

Rookie

• 29 posts
  • Name:ClubLakers
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Multiple

Posted January 12, 2019 - 11:36 AM

Having successfully completed the first part of the MJ/Pelinka two year plan, there is much speculation concerning the teams options coming into the latter. Anthony Davis and his impending opt in or out decision is the most popular option discussed by us Laker hopefuls. Another option would be of course a max player signing as the organization has maneuvered our cap space accordingly and will have enough to offer a max contract to any deserving prospect.

There are fans who discuss both as being an actual option to our FO and have heralded expectations of acquiring not only AD but also a KD, Kawhi or Klay. Doubting such a possibility I am looking to discuss with those who are knowledgeable about the NBA cap to look over if such a scenario is at all possible. According to my calculations I don't see it has cap viable.

http://www.espn.com/...radeId=yblzm7sg

In my calculations in attempting to trade for Davis without hindering our available cap it would take a package of our complete young core. Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Svi and Bonga would all have to be included to make it work. That is if retaining cap for a max deal is the goal.

With our expiring contracts we should have around 33 million or so available. The only scenario that I see working is one where we trade for AD and sign Klay to a deal where he's willing to take a pay cut. The rest would have to be used to re-sign Rondo as Zo would be Nola bound. MLE and min deals would be the remaining options to fill out our roster.

In the likely case we kept some of our players (as I highly doubt the FO will give up our entire roster) this would take from our cap flexibility as part of it would go towards trading for Davis.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...

Edited by trips, January 12, 2019 - 12:44 PM.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

#2 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,879 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 12, 2019 - 12:46 PM

There is a free agent and trade thread

#3 trips

trips

Rookie

• 29 posts
  • Name:ClubLakers
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Multiple

Posted January 12, 2019 - 12:48 PM

Right. Haven't posted in forums in a while lol.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AD, Kawhi, Klay, KD, Trade, FA, Signing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users