14 replies to this topic

#1 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2019 - 04:25 PM

After destroying the Lakers he got the boot. Meanwhile, the Lakers are giving Walton all the time he needs. SMH

#2 LakerBaller24

LakerBaller24

Rookie

• 110 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2019 - 05:58 PM

Imagine winning and getting fired in the same day..dam..

#3 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 5,012 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted January 06, 2019 - 06:36 PM

What? how and why? 

#4 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Sixth Man

• 2,940 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 06, 2019 - 06:53 PM

Well, as far as we know Luke is Jeanie's guy, but not Magic's. We'll see how this ends. I say Luke is gone by the end of this season, not before.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,893 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 06, 2019 - 07:02 PM

Increased fan apathy in Minnesota -- with critical season tickets renewal period approaching, sources say -- was undeniable factor in Tom Thibodeau's inevitable firing. On Thibodeau and the business of basketball: https://t.co/Qm2Tx5wjWM

#6 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2019 - 07:48 PM

Well [expletive]... maybe Magic can offer him a job to help this team in the Defensive end.... that means Walton has no choice but to take him in.

#7 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 4,188 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted January 09, 2019 - 10:27 PM

Well [expletive]... maybe Magic can offer him a job to help this team in the Defensive end.... that means Walton has no choice but to take him in.

Im fine with that. Maybe associate head coach?

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted January 09, 2019 - 11:00 PM

Lakers defense is rated #1 last 10 games (#8 overall). We’re fine on that end, and much of the credit should rightfully go to Luke for emphasizing that.

Offense is a different story. He needs a true assistant.
  • Persian Gulf and Jackson like this

#9 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 10, 2019 - 08:33 AM

Luke needs an Offensive guru, the team is playing solid D.

#10 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2019 - 10:50 AM

Lakers defense is rated #1 last 10 games (#8 overall). We’re fine on that end, and much of the credit should rightfully go to Luke for emphasizing that.

Offense is a different story. He needs a true assistant.

Maybe he needs the best player in the league not to mention best scorer, rebounder, assist guy, ball handler etc etc on his team to not be sitting on his bench in street clothes. That will help the offense a little.
  • Xinxin likes this

#11 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted January 10, 2019 - 11:54 AM

D’Antoni
  • LACAS likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#12 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted January 10, 2019 - 12:50 PM

Maybe he needs the best player in the league not to mention best scorer, rebounder, assist guy, ball handler etc etc on his team to not be sitting on his bench in street clothes. That will help the offense a little.

It’ll bring the offense up from bottom 3 to bottom 13. Lakers as a team are still poorly rated (bottom 1/3rd of the league) with LeBron in the lineup.

While they desperately miss him right now, it was far from perfect with him in there, and we continuously saw this exposed down the stretch of games. It’s impacted wins as well as player development. Luke’s needed help on offense for 3 years now, while his defense has consistently gotten better. Lakers need to recognize that (perhaps they have already) and build around it the same way Houston built around D’Antoni’s weakness as a defensive coach by bringing in Bzdelik, or the way Toronto had Nurse revamp Casey’s offense. Side note: Detroit was looking like literal butt cheeks on offense last night. That team is horrible.

Like I said before, Luke is a good coach and I personally think the team can win a championship with him at the seat but you can’t rely on the individual talent of LeBron all season.

Edited by Massacre, January 10, 2019 - 12:59 PM.

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted January 10, 2019 - 02:46 PM

It’ll bring the offense up from bottom 3 to bottom 13. Lakers as a team are still poorly rated (bottom 1/3rd of the league) with LeBron in the lineup.

While they desperately miss him right now, it was far from perfect with him in there, and we continuously saw this exposed down the stretch of games. It’s impacted wins as well as player development. Luke’s needed help on offense for 3 years now, while his defense has consistently gotten better. Lakers need to recognize that (perhaps they have already) and build around it the same way Houston built around D’Antoni’s weakness as a defensive coach by bringing in Bzdelik, or the way Toronto had Nurse revamp Casey’s offense. Side note: Detroit was looking like literal butt cheeks on offense last night. That team is horrible.

Like I said before, Luke is a good coach and I personally think the team can win a championship with him at the seat but you can’t rely on the individual talent of LeBron all season.

I agree though I do also think part of it is just not having offensively talented players period

Greg poppovich couldn’t make Tony Allen efficient If he had him

Ingram and ball are solid playmakers but Ingram is about as hit and miss as it gets scoring and lonzo is a train wreck there

McGee is scoring for like the first time ever

On this roster you have maybe 2 guys who are legitimate scorers and offensive players

Lebron and kuzma

Then the rest are guys who are sometime guys like Ingram, hart, kcp and lance/Beasley

Then you have guys who play specific roles in lonzo, rondo and McGee, zubac

Sure a better system can help but Ingram hart and kcp are so every now and then that I think you’re counting on Lebron and kuzma regardless as constant scoring
Posted Image

#14 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2019 - 09:31 PM

Luke is doing fine given the circumstances...I don't get all this negativity about him. Some of you would actually have Thibs over Luke....so he can run our best players into the ground?

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#15 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 11, 2019 - 01:07 PM

Luke is doing way better than most coaches would with a banged up roster, sure there are things that could be better but thats true with every coach, be happy we have Luke who can relate to the youth and vets, we are on a two game streak, now lets make it three!!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 11, 2019 - 01:07 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users