[L] Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder - Wednesday 1/02/19 7:30pm PST

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#281 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:31 PM

They will sign somebody big. LeBron had no problem finding great guys to play with in Miami, Los Angeles will be no different.

I believe it’ll probably be Kemba lol, so why not get him now

Just my gut, could be totally wrong

But also if you trade ball, Ingram I believe you have enough cap for another guy, don’t quote me on that
Posted Image

#282 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:32 PM

There is value in him you are just bitter from the loss he and KCP are wanted by many teams trust the ole guy I turned 70 last 26th woo hoo

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 03, 2019 - 01:52 PM.

#283 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:33 PM

With Ingram, you have to hope other teams aren't seeing what we're seeing as fans. I'm worried it may be too late to get good value for him. I have no evidence whatsoever, it's just my feeling. To get value for someone, some team has to value that player. And, it's harder to do that the longer he plays poorly. Less time before having to pay the guy hurts as well.

That's why I think it's smart to make quicker decisions on players than some of you guys want.

teams don’t view players the same as fans

They view them as assets, prospects, and value

For example, if he was healthy (I don’t like him as a player at all) would the wizards take Ingram and a huge expiring contract for John wall?

Probably because of walls contract and Ingram’s youth and cheap youth

He has value in a league sense, depending on the team, and what they’re giving up. A team like the hornets may be willing if they’re concerned about losing kemba for nothing

It just depends on who the Lakers talk to
Posted Image

#284 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:34 PM

It was expected by me to be a tough game and it was not surprised st the loss OKC has been rolling

#285 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

That’s not really how trades work but also Mosgov was a brutal contract at the time, that was a contract no one was taking unless there was a prospect involved

I don't mean to trade for DLO. I'm saying theoretically that Ingram cannot even do what DLO is doing on the Nets, if they were to switch positions.

#286 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,100 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Ingram and point forward is a no no. His iso game is do trash. Dribbling the ball for 7 to 8 seconds against 5 players watching spells disaster. No ball movement

Lonzo gets no pass this time. 4 fg attempts. Got couple blocks. Make some layups boy!!! Then shoot some free throws.

Kuz down now. Sheesh. Another blow. No closer..

#287 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:36 PM

I don't mean to trade for DLO. I'm saying theoretically that Ingram cannot even do what DLO is doing on the Nets, if they were to switch positions.

I know that’s what you’re saying. I’m saying trades don’t work that way. Russell could’ve gotten more if he wasn’t attached with mosgov

And Ingram is a better player than Russell, I know it may not seem like it but that’s actually the case. As bad as Ingram’s been Russell is worse right now
Posted Image

#288 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:40 PM

I know that’s what you’re saying. I’m saying trades don’t work that way. Russell could’ve gotten more if he wasn’t attached with mosgov

And Ingram is a better player than Russell, I know it may not seem like it but that’s actually the case. As bad as Ingram’s been Russell is worse right now

Ingram is NOT better than Russell. Russell would be having a field day with Ball and Kuzma.

#289 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,557 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:42 PM

How petty are the Lakers, aside from stephenson, to not even shake hands without George. Poor [expletive]in’ sportsmanship.

This is dumb. Don’t get me wrong sportsmanship is obviously important but this situation doesn’t warrant a handshake. The dude doesn’t even give your organization a meeting in the offseason and then talks a bunch of crap during the game, stares at your bench, etc. Shaking his hand at the end of the game isn’t gonna be the first thing to come to your mind. Let him have his fun tonight and we’ll see him again.
  • Persian Gulf likes this

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#290 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:42 PM

Ingram is NOT better than Russell. Russell would be having a field day with Ball and Kuzma.

He is. His defense is atrocious and he’s shooting poorly

Ingram is at least a good defender
Posted Image

#291 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,956 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:46 PM

Ingram's D is overrated and no one really plays defense in the NBA anymore. His shooting always struggled when he was the no.1 ball handler, but I would put money down that Ingram cannot lead a team similarly to the way DLO is with the Nets.

However give DLO a ball handler in Lonzo and we'll be very close to showtime again. But the past is the past and no one will really know how they would've fit.

#292 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:57 PM

DLO is trash. He can score and he gives up just as much. People only look at scoring and forget that defense is half the game. Ingram is a borderline good defender and much much better than DLO. Lakers essentially got Hart and Kuz for DLO, highway robbery.

#293 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,853 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:57 PM

Ingram's D is overrated and no one really plays defense in the NBA anymore. His shooting always struggled when he was the no.1 ball handler, but I would put money down that Ingram cannot lead a team similarly to the way DLO is with the Nets.

However give DLO a ball handler in Lonzo and we'll be very close to showtime again. But the past is the past and no one will really know how they would've fit.

People play D. The Lakers many wins this season have come primarily from their defense.

#294 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,853 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 10:59 PM

This is dumb. Don’t get me wrong sportsmanship is obviously important but this situation doesn’t warrant a handshake. The dude doesn’t even give your organization a meeting in the offseason and then talks a bunch of crap during the game, stares at your bench, etc. Shaking his hand at the end of the game isn’t gonna be the first thing to come to your mind. Let him have his fun tonight and we’ll see him again.

This isn’t little league. They don’t have to shake hands. We will see them 3 more times this season.
  • lakerfan98 likes this

#295 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted January 02, 2019 - 11:19 PM

We are now tied with Sours at 7/8 spot so not bad considering but hopeful we beat Knicks they are next up!

#296 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,557 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2019 - 12:06 AM

This isn’t little league. They don’t have to shake hands. We will see them 3 more times this season.

My point exactly...

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#297 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,596 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2019 - 08:03 AM

#298 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,596 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2019 - 05:47 PM

Don't hate on the guy just because he didn't sign with the Lakers. Paul George has been great. He's been a legit superstar this year.

Stephenson has been really awful. He really cost the Lakers at the end of the half.

Stop [expletive]ing trolling and get away from this forum.

#299 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,256 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2019 - 07:23 PM

Nobody needs to leave the forum.

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users