196 replies to this topic

#181 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:45 PM

Well, every Laker fan seems to be killing Ingram on social media, and I think he derserves it after this one. Way too selfish, dribbling a lot for no reason, playing very lazy. I just don't get this kid, he really killed us tonight, looked like a W before he started to do that nonsense over and over again.

It was a for sure win. But I would rather he expose that he can’t be counted on against the Kings in December than in the playoffs.

#182 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Off The Bench

• 1,989 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:46 PM

bron, rondo, mcgee, beasly and ball was out at the end and its lukes fault?

Fair enough, i just think we could play Zu more time when we needed someone to get some buckets, KCP played too much time in the 4th and he wasn't doing nothing at all i would rather had Lance out there to be honest or even give a chance to Svi with so many ppl injured you need to give this minutes to him so he can experience this situations, but its just my opinion as a fan in the end i am just pissed we lost the way we did versus the Queens.

#183 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:46 PM

okay, lets see then. i say a win tomorrow just because of urgency and its at home

It will be a tough one but they could get there. Clippers are beyond bad defensively but they are pretty great offensively.

#184 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:47 PM

Fair enough, i just think we could play Zu more time when we needed someone to get some buckets, KCP played too much time in the 4th and he wasn't doing nothing at all i would rather had Lance out there to be honest or even give a chance to Svi with so many ppl injured you need to give this minutes to him so he can experience this situations, but its just my opinion as a fan in the end i am just pissed we lost the way we did versus the Queens.

I was watching on the Kings broadcast and they were acting like they won the ring. They literally said one of the biggest shots in Kings history. Which may be true, but still sad af.
  • Olabebeh and ChichoGarcy like this

#185 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Off The Bench

• 1,989 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:48 PM

I was watching on the Kings broadcast and they were acting like they won the ring. They literally said one of the biggest shots in Kings history. Which may be true, but still sad af.

True i [expletive]ing hate the Queens.

#186 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,730 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:50 PM

Ladies and gentlemen. The master of panic. You realize all these teams have to play each other, only one of them can win each night. They also get injured and have things happen. You should notice by now that the Lakers have been playing poorly record wise and have stayed in the 4th-5th place through the entire thing, how could that be possible? I have watched plenty of NBA basketball. This team is in no shape or form in any trouble and LeBron can miss the next 2 weeks and they will still easily make the playoffs. Chill.

I heavily disagree. The Lakers are in a pattern of poor play that won't fix itself. If you combine those issues with the loss of LeBron, things can go really badly for the Lakers.

I don't see Kuzma and Ball playing that well again. I don't see Fox(despite the near triple double) and Hield playing that poorly again. Pretty much everything went right for the Lakers, and they still lost.

#187 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Off The Bench

• 1,989 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:53 PM

I heavily disagree. The Lakers are in a pattern of poor play that won't fix itself. If you combine those issues with the loss of LeBron, things can go really badly for the Lakers.

I don't see Kuzma and Ball playing that well again. I don't see Fox(despite the near triple double) and Hield playing that poorly again. Pretty much everything went right for the Lakers, and they still lost.

You also don't see Shumpert hitting 6 triples out of 8 or Bogdanovic shooting almost 60% from the floor, its a matter of perspective.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#188 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Sixth Man

• 2,940 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:57 PM

On the positive note, Lonzo looked like a true leader on the court tonight. He has to be more vocal, sure, but was effective as hell and made everyone better.
  • Olabebeh likes this

#189 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:58 PM

Why. They have played well the entire season. You just don’t understand the game. I don’t know what else to tell you. Enjoy the season and hit me up at the end of the season and I will give you a fat told you so. They just won a game they had no business winning and then gave one up that they should have won. It will happen several more times this season to every single team in the league. It is regular season nba ball. You are expecting this team to carve through the league like GSW 2 years ago or something? Isn’t gonna happen. They are in a down swing right now and weathering it just fine.

#190 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,730 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 09:59 PM

You also don't see Shumpert hitting 6 triples out of 8 or Bogdanovic shooting almost 60% from the floor, its a matter of perspective.

Fair, but I still really don't see Ball and Kuzma playing that well again.

I think this was easily the Lakers' best shot of winning a game during the tough 4 game stretch. It's hard to see them beating the Clippers on the 2nd night of a back to back and beating OKC. I would feel that way even with LeBron.

The Lakers have been fortunate to play the Kings twice while they were on the 2nd night of a back to back. That won't be the case next time. So, I thought this game was a better opportunity than that one.

• Olabebeh likes this

#191 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,730 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 10:05 PM

Why. They have played well the entire season. You just don’t understand the game. I don’t know what else to tell you. Enjoy the season and hit me up at the end of the season and I will give you a fat told you so. They just won a game they had no business winning and then gave one up that they should have won. It will happen several more times this season to every single team in the league. It is regular season nba ball. You are expecting this team to carve through the league like GSW 2 years ago or something? Isn’t gonna happen. They are in a down swing right now and weathering it just fine.

I don't know what to say other than I see troubling trends with their defense. And, I don't think they're going to fix themselves. I don't expect them to steamroll every game. But, they've lost to bad teams with their problems on defense and have lost 6 of 11. I don't think they're going to start racking up wins again without them fixing those issues. With a team that's relying on a lot of unproven players, who knows if that will happen?

It only takes the right teams getting hot for the Lakers to really fall down the standings. Great for the Lakers that they've managed to stay still in the standings. But, I don't think it'll be that way for long if they keep playing like this.

You do know that the Lakers are only up a game on the 9th seed, right? That's the Spurs, who have already clinched the tie-breaker against the Lakers.

Edited by Japago, December 27, 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#192 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,365 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 10:44 PM

I don't know what to say other than I see troubling trends with their defense. And, I don't think they're going to fix themselves. I don't expect them to steamroll every game. But, they've lost to bad teams with their problems on defense and have lost 6 of 11. I don't think they're going to start racking up wins again without them fixing those issues. With a team that's relying on a lot of unproven players, who knows if that will happen?

It only takes the right teams getting hot for the Lakers to really fall down the standings. Great for the Lakers that they've managed to stay still in the standings. But, I don't think it'll be that way for long if they keep playing like this.

You do know that the Lakers are only up a game on the 9th seed, right? That's the Spurs, who have already clinched the tie-breaker against the Lakers.

They are also 3 games out of first place and it isn’t the all star break yet. Everything will shake out and the Lakers will be there when the dust settles. They have a fine roster and the best player in the world on their team, You can see whatever trends you want. You can also see a trend where LeBron has played in 8 straight finals, sometimes with way worse supporting casts than this Lakers team. Granted trends mean nothing. The Lakers will make the playoff, comfortably, mark it down.

#193 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,505 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 27, 2018 - 11:10 PM

Lol no, Lebron may iso but Lebron has by far a better feel for overall offensive basketball

Let’s not make that comparison

Late game situations, we can. LeBron is the best in the world for 3/4 of the game. His late game iso consists of half assed driving in and then kicking out to teammates for bailouts, or taking a heavily contested awkward fadeaway jumper.

But dont get me wrong Ingram has a lot to improve, and I'd include him in a trade for a certain player in NOLA any day. But in tonight's situation theres nothing that anyone else on the team that could've done better.

#194 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 27, 2018 - 11:12 PM

Well lucky shot but now Clippers tommorow Lets get ready for em!!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, December 27, 2018 - 11:12 PM.

#195 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 11:19 PM

You guys underestimate Sacramento. They’re on a winning-streak

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#196 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 28, 2018 - 09:43 AM

Lucky last second shots happen but we need to close games out much better on defense

#197 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,270 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 29, 2018 - 10:31 AM

The posters who complain after every loss need to ask themselves how many games they honestly expected us to win this season. Say it's 50 that still means 32 losses. If you're always complaining that we should have won then how many of those 32 losses should be wins instead? We ain't going 82-0 ppl.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users