We are loaded with past draft talent.

#42 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 5,012 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 30, 2018 - 10:28 AM

LMAO like any of us want them to lose... 

well you be surprise.. 

• lakerfan98 and LACAS like this

#43 4Warner

4Warner

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Name:D.Warner
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Bron

Posted December 30, 2018 - 02:18 PM

Lakers fans are going to be disappointed in how [expletive] gets spinned if Klutch is allowed to control the narrative of the team. That's one of the reasons why I want the young players to succeed.  They are trying to make Lebron out to be like Jesus Christ that saved the soul of the Lakers.  

As a long time fan I dont like that [expletive] and I dont like how he's being paraded around like he's above the game or basketball.  I don't blame him b/c he doesn't control the media himself.  

Nothing about the Lakers right now is about the TEAM.  It's what can this team for Lebron, how can they help Lebron win HIS next ring.  

Me and BB IQ haven't seen eye to eye alot on here but his disdain for having Lebron here I can understand it more now.  It's even effected this board to some degree.  The joy of basketball isn't alive like it should be when this team is winning IMO.  The glory that comes with climbing to the top after having to learn lessons to get better won't be there.  That's the cool [expletive] about sports to me.  Not having a 2k My Team level team and beating the [expletive] out of 29 other teams.  

I agree that the glory that comes with the climbing back to the top organically as a franchise through player development and draft picks is undermined when a team brings in a guy like LeBron, and him specifically. But that's the cost paid to play when winning really matters to your team and fan base. The Lakes franchsie is determined to be winners and never settle for less. But that might not be the same sentiment held by all of the fans...

You mention how the emotional highs you may have experienced in the past aren't there for you now with this team when it wins. ANd that it's even affected the Forum. I can see how that is as well, as people like myself have only recently come into the fold because of James. There' s a general shift in the fanbase ocurring and it can be uncomfotable.

I've always liked and respected the Lakers. Cheered for 'em at different times but never got emotional about them personally. Like a lot of people,  I'm a guy who follows individual players more than teams themselves, because of where I live mostly.  I don't live in LA or an NBA city. Have no connection. But I have watched James with appreciation for years, and I'm not a hater of any franchise, so it was only natural to pick up the Lakers as the team I'd follow for the foreseeable future. Learning the personnel and vibe has been enjoyable after watching what happened in Cleveland and Miami...

There are millions of people like me, even if there aren't many who have found their way to this nicely laid out Laker Forum yet. But those 50 to 100 million people who follow LeBron on social media, have actually replaced a very large number of people who call, or called, themselves Lakers fans, but have become disinterested in this LeBron Laker iteration, and stopped following. I have at least 20 Facebook friends who were Laker/Kobe fans wiith constant posts who haven't mentioned the Lakers in weeks.

The media did an effective job at positioning the LeBron camp of fans against the Kobe camp of fans, and it's taken a toll psycologically on all of us who follow the game, even if we don't outwardly realize or admit it... 

You have to accept that some fans don't feel the same way. 

True. With Lebron, the general mindset of a Laker fan is being altered though. For some, unwilingly really. So there's a learning curve for some and others will simply lose interest.

When LeBron is on the team, it's about LeBron. Just as it was about George Mikan with the first Laker teams. Not everybody is cool with that for different reasons.

That's why you're bullish on stuff that's clearly just bull.  This isn't a "Klutch Sports Conspiracy".  Put down the tin-foil hat.

LeBron IS that good.  He makes your team much better, contender-level.  If you don't like that, just stop watching.

And don't lump ALL Lakers fans in with you.  We don't give a rat's butt what Klutch has to say.  Some of us have been critical of our young guys WAYYYY BEFORE we THOUGHT we could get LeBron...why?

Because they aren't what you and BBIQ think they can be without LeBron.  Stop trying to speak for ALL of us...you don't.

LeBron is the most important piece because he's our only true attack guard/wing.  Ingram isn't that dude.  Without LeBron, we are a 35-win team AT BEST.

Unpopular but realistic take. There's a reason why his teams are 0-13 in the last 13 games they played without him.

The media is really to blame for how we all see James through differing lenses. And how we make other players out to be in a similar league. It's the NBA's job to promote multiple players simultaneously so they're not left high and dry when the dominant singular force moves on, like when Jordan retired. They learned their lesson with him and refuse to repeat the same mistake.

LeBrons control over the game, in between the lines and beyond it seems now, is second to none who have ever played the sport. By the time Jordan was in the league for 5 seasons, before he ever won a ring, many claimed he was the Greatest ever and the media, the NBA, and Nike did their part to make us believe it. Most of us still do...Today, every morning we wake up to hear what LeBron did or didn't do and that criticism has overran the positive in our real takes and the mythology of who he is and what he represents.

When he's not there, he's gonna be missed regardless of who else is on the team. Kyrie will be a Hall of Famer and he couldn't carry them when he sat. Love as well. Bosh and Wade too. At this point, none of these young Lakers are on a trajectory to reach the heights of any of those guys I just mentioned, so it's unrealistic to even expect them to be able to carry the load.

A 35 win team estimate is hitting it right on the head, and the way the parity is at a level never seen before in the WC, maybe that's high. Plus guys who've been effective like McGee and Rondo wouldn't be here either, without James...ANd even with James in the fold a 45 win season may be a long shot this year...

So while dead in the water without James may be an exaggeration, barely treading water may be more accurate.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,741 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2018 - 08:58 PM

I can't stand hearing this guy speak. He may be a Laker now, but he's awful in the media
  • Jackson likes this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 5,012 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 30, 2018 - 10:59 PM

how? 

were you always not a fan of his post interview since 03?

#46 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2018 - 01:08 AM

They are playing right into that narrative.  GCMD even told me to stop watching lol.  I've been Lebron's biggest supporter and critic on this board though.  

I apologize.  I didn't mean to sound that harsh.

But making it seem like we are swayed by Klutch is insulting to everyone else's intelligences.  Basketball is basketball and LeBron is legitimately the best player in the game.  If he's on your team, there is no reason to punt.  I'd say the same if we had KD or Kawhi or Harden or Steph instead of LeBron.  If you can't build around top 5 players without punting, you aren't trying hard enough.

• LACAS likes this

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,741 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 31, 2018 - 11:59 AM

how?

were you always not a fan of his post interview since 03?

He's just so full of himself. Just rubs me the wrong way

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2018 - 12:40 PM

He's just so full of himself. Just rubs me the wrong way

Wait, are we talking about Pau?

• lakerfan98 likes this

#49 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,099 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 01, 2019 - 01:47 AM

We need him vs OKC

• GCMD likes this

#50 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 03, 2019 - 06:07 AM

Looks like they might be dead in the water.  

#51 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 04, 2019 - 10:04 PM

Your title is a true statement.

#52 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 04, 2019 - 10:30 PM

They are.

#53 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,361 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:01 PM

No Rondo. No Kuz. Tyson Chandler

#54 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:13 PM

We're technically 0 and 5 without LeBron. Got lucky in that Kings game.

#55 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:15 PM

If the Lakers are going to lose nearly every game without LeBron, all it's going to take is one of the teams currently out of the playoffs to go on a winning streak to really put the Lakers in a bad position.

The Lakers are fortunate to even be at 8 right now, because the teams below them haven't been playing well either.

• Jackson likes this

#56 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:22 PM

[expletive]......I really thought these clowns were better....guess not.....Cavs 2.0

#57 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:22 PM

If the Lakers are going to lose nearly every game without LeBron, all it's going to take is one of the teams currently out of the playoffs to go on a winning streak to really put the Lakers in a bad position.

The Lakers are fortunate to even be at 8 right now, because the teams below them haven't been playing well either.

They will eventually. This supposedly easy stretch has just became hard. Followed by a brutal 10 game stretch EVEN if LeBron comes back. Look at where the Blazers and Rockets are at now. They're all above us and rolling now.

#58 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:23 PM

[expletive]......I really thought these clowns were better....guess not.....Cavs 2.0

Cavs at least had Kevin Love and reliable veteran role players.

• BORNINLA likes this

#59 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:28 PM

This place has become unbearable after losses. Holy [expletive].
  • lakerfan98 likes this

#60 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted January 04, 2019 - 11:30 PM

What does technically 0-5 even mean? Lol. I could spin it so that we’re technically 39-0 if that’s what we’re doing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users