73 replies to this topic

#21 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:50 PM

I didn't watch the game, but seems like Lou Will dominated. I have a hard time telling how effective Lonzo's defense is from game to game. I know he isn't all the way consistent with it either. But, he does it enough where I think it's something you can credit him for.

I'm not sure on Lonzo. His good games are really good. But, I still feel like he can be more consistent with his defense and play-making. And while he doesn't need to be an elite scorer, I don't think he can afford to be as bad as he can be with that. He needs to be enough of a threat to make teams pay when they completely disrespect him. Maybe average double digits at least. Score in the high teens-low 20s when defenses completely ignore him. He has the highest ceiling though, for sure.

Ben Simmons' only weakness is his lack of a jumper and FT shooting. He's elite at a lot of other things. He's dominant going to the rim. He's an elite play-maker and defender. I think the problems Ben's lack of shooting presents despite his talents nearly everywhere else kinda shows you how important it is for Lonzo to find some consistency as a shooter.

Well, that's 0-2 now. The Lakers are down to the 7th seed. If you're already scoreboard watching, the Nuggets had a good win that prevented the Lakers from going down to 8th.

We're 2 games in man. I can't see how the Lakers aren't going to be in big trouble if they don't turn things around soon. It's early, but these games all count in the end. It's scary to have to count on making a big run at the end when the West is as difficult as it is. LeBron is obviously great, but it's hard to ask any player to be that great all the time. And, the Lakers were already having issues before LeBron got hurt. I can't stress that last part enough. 5-7 in the last 12 now.

Lonzo is good. Period. The Lakers will make the playoffs easily. You act like every other team isn’t going to hit a rough streak. Get real.

#22 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2018 - 05:00 AM

Lakers fans are going to be disappointed in how [expletive] gets spinned if Klutch is allowed to control the narrative of the team. That's one of the reasons why I want the young players to succeed.  They are trying to make Lebron out to be like Jesus Christ that saved the soul of the Lakers.  

As a long time fan I dont like that [expletive] and I dont like how he's being paraded around like he's above the game or basketball.  I don't blame him b/c he doesn't control the media himself.  

Nothing about the Lakers right now is about the TEAM.  It's what can this team for Lebron, how can they help Lebron win HIS next ring.  

Me and BB IQ haven't seen eye to eye alot on here but his disdain for having Lebron here I can understand it more now.  It's even effected this board to some degree.  The joy of basketball isn't alive like it should be when this team is winning IMO.  The glory that comes with climbing to the top after having to learn lessons to get better won't be there.  That's the cool [expletive] about sports to me.  Not having a 2k My Team level team and beating the [expletive] out of 29 other teams.  

That's why you're bullish on stuff that's clearly just bull.  This isn't a "Klutch Sports Conspiracy".  Put down the tin-foil hat.

LeBron IS that good.  He makes your team much better, contender-level.  If you don't like that, just stop watching.

And don't lump ALL Lakers fans in with you.  We don't give a rat's butt what Klutch has to say.  Some of us have been critical of our young guys WAYYYY BEFORE we THOUGHT we could get LeBron...why?

Because they aren't what you and BBIQ think they can be without LeBron.  Stop trying to speak for ALL of us...you don't.

LeBron is the most important piece because he's our only true attack guard/wing.  Ingram isn't that dude.  Without LeBron, we are a 35-win team AT BEST.

• Jackson likes this

#23 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,660 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2018 - 05:09 AM

Blame Luke. He’s done very little to define the kids roles and build and offense.

Bye for now

Actually, this isn't true.

The Lakers have been running a LOT of the GSW Offense in the past 10 games.  A LOT.  you can see it with the cuts and Double Screens off and on the ball.  Ingram is the one player who rejects his role.  He can't engage without the ball in his hands.  Almost every other major piece has found a role and accepts it/excels in it.

Luke will get fired but he's done a much better job behind the scenes than people give him credit for.  He's working with a less than ideal roster.

Put an attack guard next to Lonzo/Kuzma/LeBron and I predict this team takes GSW to 7 in the WCF.  Health would be the determining factor.  We are that close due in large part to Luke.

Edited by GCMD, December 29, 2018 - 05:10 AM.

#24 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 29, 2018 - 06:31 AM

We suck without Bron, plain and simple.

A "good team" that wont win much without Bron.

• GCMD likes this

#25 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,361 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 29, 2018 - 08:41 AM

We suck?

Fans are dumb. We lost to playoff teams and we sre missing 2 other pieces in our top 8.

Anyway remember how Towns and Wiggins and Porzingis were the best kids around along with Booker?
  • Busty Bluth, Jody Smokes and LACAS like this

#26 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:21 AM

Lou has to be traded as he was winning too many games while we were fighting for lottery position he is needed now though lol

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:27 AM

They are playing right into that narrative.  GCMD even told me to stop watching lol.  I've been Lebron's biggest supporter and critic on this board though.  

We suck?

Fans are dumb. We lost to playoff teams and we sre missing 2 other pieces in our top 8.

Anyway remember how Towns and Wiggins and Porzingis were the best kids around along with Booker?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:30 AM

Full-on panic mode around here, lol.

#29 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:35 AM

LMAO

#30 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 5,012 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:36 AM

lol i want a win on sunday to silence some of you and earn themselves they can win  without bron

#31 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 10:57 AM

lol i want a win on sunday to silence some of you and earn themselves they can win without bron

They can win without Bron. 30 games a season. Just like any team with LeBron or any other all time great. You don’t remove the focal point of the team and do well. Doesn’t work like that.
  • GCMD, Busty Bluth and LACAS like this

#32 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 11:25 AM

lol i want a win on sunday to silence some of you and earn themselves they can win  without bron

LMAO like any of us want them to lose... 

• GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

#33 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 11:26 AM

They can win without Bron. 30 games a season. Just like any team with LeBron or any other all time great. You don’t remove the focal point of the team and do well. Doesn’t work like that.

What the kids should be doing without BRON is beating the winnable games... such as SAC and NYK.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#34 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 11:45 AM

What the kids should be doing without BRON is beating the winnable games... such as SAC and NYK.

NYK yes, SAC is a toss up at absolute best. They aren’t a free win by any means and have beaten plenty of better teams already this season.

#35 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:10 PM

Lakers fans are going to be disappointed in how [expletive] gets spinned if Klutch is allowed to control the narrative of the team. That's one of the reasons why I want the young players to succeed.  They are trying to make Lebron out to be like Jesus Christ that saved the soul of the Lakers.  

As a long time fan I dont like that [expletive] and I dont like how he's being paraded around like he's above the game or basketball.  I don't blame him b/c he doesn't control the media himself.  

Nothing about the Lakers right now is about the TEAM.  It's what can this team for Lebron, how can they help Lebron win HIS next ring.  

Me and BB IQ haven't seen eye to eye alot on here but his disdain for having Lebron here I can understand it more now.  It's even effected this board to some degree.  The joy of basketball isn't alive like it should be when this team is winning IMO.  The glory that comes with climbing to the top after having to learn lessons to get better won't be there.  That's the cool [expletive] about sports to me.  Not having a 2k My Team level team and beating the [expletive] out of 29 other teams.  

This is true to an extent. He's done this on every team he's been. LeBron never chose LA solely for basketball reasons. However that's what we're just going to have to deal with if we want to sniff the playoffs, much less win a championship.

#36 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:15 PM

We can tank for one more season; wouldn’t hurt.
  • Busty Bluth and lakerfan98 like this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#37 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:19 PM

We can tank for one more season; wouldn’t hurt.

The draft is a waste of time. 3 out of 4 picks we had in the lottery have been disappointments.

#38 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,929 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:20 PM

This’ll be the most loaded draft yet.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#39 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:27 PM

Actually we're only 4 losses away from being the 2nd worst team in the west. Unfortunately I might have to make a 2019 NBA lottery thread next week if we drop our next 3 games... Looks like we don't own any 2nd round picks since they belong to the Pacers and Bulls. But we do have a first round pick. Zion Williamson + LeBron?!!

Edited by Jackson, December 29, 2018 - 12:27 PM.

• LACAS likes this

#40 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 03:10 PM

I mean this very very literally. This is said about every single draft in history.
  • LACAS likes this

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (7)