83 replies to this topic

#1 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 27, 2018 - 10:26 AM

If you listen to anything LeSPN and Sports media says....

It's like tonights starters have never played a game without Lebron....smh....

• Jody Smokes likes this

#2 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,451 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2018 - 10:29 AM

How many LeBron threads do we need?

Edited by lakerfan98, December 27, 2018 - 10:30 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#3 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 10:35 AM

How many LeBron threads do we need?

This isnt a Lebron thread?

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,256 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2018 - 11:16 AM

Our starting lineup is going to be young. What, three 21 year olds? I'm expecting Ingram to step up and make some more plays.

• Persian Gulf likes this

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#5 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts

Posted December 27, 2018 - 11:34 AM

Our starting lineup is going to be young. What, three 21 year olds? I'm expecting Ingram to step up and make some more plays.

Right,  however these guys played NBA games last year and for the most part held their own.  They have a year under their belt.  I hope they can pull off a couple of wins in convincing fashion.  I look for Kuzma to lead the way. 

#6 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,256 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2018 - 11:35 AM

Right,  however these guys played NBA games last year and for the most part held their own.  They have a year under their belt.  I hope they can pull off a couple of wins in convincing fashion.  I look for Kuzma to lead the way. 

Yup, agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Hart is starting too

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#7 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,644 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 28, 2018 - 07:25 AM

Basically.

#8 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 28, 2018 - 09:46 AM

This team has heart is not “dead in the water”” you’ll see

#9 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 09:59 AM

This team has heart is not “dead in the water”” you’ll see

I know it's not dead in the water.   My point was all the Lebron Stans in the media were talking about these guys like they were the Cleveland Cavs that were carried by Lebron.  The Lakers have a good young squad that needs to learn how to close out games.  I am even going to say the Lebron has held them back because of his style of play, but whatever.    Lonzo and Kuzma stepped up.  Ingram needs to go. 

• Busty Bluth and LACAS like this

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,615 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:17 AM

Lakers fans are going to be disappointed in how [expletive] gets spinned if Klutch is allowed to control the narrative of the team. That's one of the reasons why I want the young players to succeed.  They are trying to make Lebron out to be like Jesus Christ that saved the soul of the Lakers.  

As a long time fan I dont like that [expletive] and I dont like how he's being paraded around like he's above the game or basketball.  I don't blame him b/c he doesn't control the media himself.  

Nothing about the Lakers right now is about the TEAM.  It's what can this team for Lebron, how can they help Lebron win HIS next ring.  

Me and BB IQ haven't seen eye to eye alot on here but his disdain for having Lebron here I can understand it more now.  It's even effected this board to some degree.  The joy of basketball isn't alive like it should be when this team is winning IMO.  The glory that comes with climbing to the top after having to learn lessons to get better won't be there.  That's the cool [expletive] about sports to me.  Not having a 2k My Team level team and beating the [expletive] out of 29 other teams.  

• BORNINLA, Jackson and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:44 AM

They aren't good without him, but they are probably good enough to tread water until he gets back, which is more than you can say for his Cleveland teams in the past few years.  Plain and simple, you remove the best player in the game from any team, they are going to suffer in an enormous way, and there is no way to sugar coat that.  The Lakers showed yesterday that they can hang with quality opponents, and they are going to need to do that until LeBron returns.

• Busty Bluth, BORNINLA, Jody Smokes and 1 other like this

#12 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,844 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:58 AM

Lakers fans are going to be disappointed in how [expletive] gets spinned if Klutch is allowed to control the narrative of the team. That's one of the reasons why I want the young players to succeed.  They are trying to make Lebron out to be like Jesus Christ that saved the soul of the Lakers.  

As a long time fan I dont like that [expletive] and I dont like how he's being paraded around like he's above the game or basketball.  I don't blame him b/c he doesn't control the media himself.  

Nothing about the Lakers right now is about the TEAM.  It's what can this team for Lebron, how can they help Lebron win HIS next ring.  

Me and BB IQ haven't seen eye to eye alot on here but his disdain for having Lebron here I can understand it more now.  It's even effected this board to some degree.  The joy of basketball isn't alive like it should be when this team is winning IMO.  The glory that comes with climbing to the top after having to learn lessons to get better won't be there.  That's the cool [expletive] about sports to me.  Not having a 2k My Team level team and beating the [expletive] out of 29 other teams.  

You have to accept that some fans don't feel the same way. We just want to see the team win. If the Lakers could win championships with a team of no drafted players, I would be for that.

It's great if the Lakers' young guys develop into stars. It would be great for the team and allow the Lakers to have long-term success. But, those are far from guarantees. Kuzma is the only guy that has shown any sort of consistency. Lonzo and Ingram have good games every now and then. You can't be sure if they'll ever be stars just because they've shown flashes every now and then. They're young, but they're been plenty of young guys that have shown some consistency. Those young guys aren't stars by any means, but guys like Luka Doncic, De'Aaron Fox, and Ben Simmons have shown enough consistency to feel confident about their long-term future. You like to slam players like Jayson Tatum and Donovan Mitchell, but those guys' have shown peaks that have surpassed the Lakers' guys. I don't think Tatum is struggling as bad as you think he is.

• Busty Bluth and LACAS like this

#13 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 11:05 AM

You have to accept that some fans don't feel the same way. We just want to see the team win. If the Lakers could win championships with a team of no drafted players, I would be for that.

It's great if the Lakers' young guys develop into stars. It would be great for the team and allow the Lakers to have long-term success. But, those are far from guarantees. Kuzma is the only guy that has shown any sort of consistency. Lonzo and Ingram have good games every now and then. You can't be sure if they'll ever be stars just because they've shown flashes every now and then. They're young, but they're been plenty of young guys that have shown some consistency. Those young guys aren't stars by any means, but guys like Luka Doncic, De'Aaron Fox, and Ben Simmons have shown enough consistency to feel confident about their long-term future. You like to slam players like Jayson Tatum and Donovan Mitchell, but those guys' have shown peaks that have surpassed the Lakers' guys. I don't think Tatum is struggling as bad as you think he is.

Tatum is struggling as bad as you think.  You are just harder on the team you root for, both their positives and negatives.  If Lonzo was on the blocks, you would see a line around the corner for him, he is that good of a player at a very young age.  

• Jody Smokes likes this

#14 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,644 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 28, 2018 - 11:15 AM

I don't understand why its so hard to understand that we all want the Lakers to win but we simply have different ideas/approaches how to go about it... As long as we win I could care less who we sign or dont, Im good running with kids as along as we win.

• GCMD likes this

#15 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 11:18 AM

I don't understand why its so hard to understand that we all want the Lakers to win but we simply have different ideas/approaches how to go about it... As long as we win I could care less who we sign or dont, Im good running with kids as along as we win.

They aren't going to win much with the kids, they can be expected to do about the same as they did last year or a little less/more depending on experience/injuries.  When you add the best player in the league, we have seen what they are capable of, which if the west stays how it is, they could be in the conversation, which is way more than anyone expected.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#16 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 11:30 AM

No moves unless for a real star! BI will garner more interest as trade deadline gets closer any move now unless for a Star is mute! Laker youngsters will have to show up or drop in standings which are not all due to Bron playing here! But cutting down turnovers and tight defense are a must!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, December 28, 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#17 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,914 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 28, 2018 - 11:42 AM

Blame Luke. He’s done very little to define the kids roles and build and offense.

Bye for now
  • LACAS likes this

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 11:50 AM

Define peaks, because I’d argue neither Tatum or Mitchell is any further ahead in their peaks than Kuzma has been peak wise

If you take out the early part of this season then Kuzma has been every bit as impressive as any young player out there. Statistically and with the eye test. He’s efficient, can score from anywhere and still rebounds at a good clip despite having elite rebounders around him at their respective positions

Sure other young guys have outperformed Ingram

And other young guys have outperformed lonzo offensively if we’re talking consistency though I’d argue lonzos peaks offensively are arguably on the same level as others

But defensively I’d argue lonzo surpasses every single young player in the league. Nobody big or small plays the consistent level of defense he does. He’s arguably in the top tier of the league period when it comes to perimeter defense

So while if you’re focusing on Ingram’s struggles yes it’ll look like the league is ahead of our youth, but if you look at Kuzma and Ball I’d argue our youth is up there with anyone’s not named Philadelphia but only if you consider embiid still in a category of youth granted he’s about to be 25 so idk if I would

Tatum and Mitchell have both taken steps back when Kuzma has taken a step forward off of a season where he was arguably right there with them

Simmons is hurting the 76ers every 4th quarter

Doncic has been playing impressive

But at the end of the day people on this board like to look everywhere but our own guys. And like to generalize the young guys. There’s no way to say Kuzma isn’t playing at the highest of levels for his age group. In fact he’s arguably playing at an all star level right now

And I remember you comparing hield to Ingram when hield is 26 years old and Ingram is 21

That’s a 5 year difference

I’m having doubts about Ingram because he’s not improving his play within the team. All I see is his body getting bigger and his individual skills improving but he’s still every bit the iso guy he’s been

But Kuzma and ball are absolutely on the right path. Kuzma is going to finish the year likely a 20ppg efficient scorer. Ball is likely to continue to improve as I see actual results on the court. He’s night and day from last season, we’ll have to wait and see if consistency improves over the season

Ingram is a question mark but I repeat he’s not our only young guy
Posted Image

#19 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 12:26 PM

Not blaming Luke there are staff there to develop players but it takes time for young guys they have to “ commit” like Kobe did, understand it’s not like it was, you get by that way but don’t excel, we’ll be fine but critical to win some games while players are out! clippers are a good test and the 2nd Kings game will see if the team adjusted!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, December 28, 2018 - 12:27 PM.

#20 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,844 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:35 PM

I didn't watch the game, but seems like Lou Will dominated. I have a hard time telling how effective Lonzo's defense is from game to game. I know he isn't all the way consistent with it either. But, he does it enough where I think it's something you can credit him for.

I'm not sure on Lonzo. His good games are really good. But, I still feel like he can be more consistent with his defense and play-making. And while he doesn't need to be an elite scorer, I don't think he can afford to be as bad as he can be with that. He needs to be enough of a threat to make teams pay when they completely disrespect him. Maybe average double digits at least. Score in the high teens-low 20s when defenses completely ignore him. He has the highest ceiling though, for sure.

Ben Simmons' only weakness is his lack of a jumper and FT shooting. He's elite at a lot of other things. He's dominant going to the rim. He's an elite play-maker and defender. I think the problems Ben's lack of shooting presents despite his talents nearly everywhere else kinda shows you how important it is for Lonzo to find some consistency as a shooter.

Well, that's 0-2 now. The Lakers are down to the 7th seed. If you're already scoreboard watching, the Nuggets had a good win that prevented the Lakers from going down to 8th.

We're 2 games in man. I can't see how the Lakers aren't going to be in big trouble if they don't turn things around soon. It's early, but these games all count in the end. It's scary to have to count on making a big run at the end when the West is as difficult as it is. LeBron is obviously great, but it's hard to ask any player to be that great all the time. And, the Lakers were already having issues before LeBron got hurt. I can't stress that last part enough. 5-7 in the last 12 now.

Edited by Japago, December 28, 2018 - 10:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users