#21 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,482 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 22, 2018 - 08:47 AM

We gonna talk about how half of the fanbase is thirsty for a MFer with a unibrow that just let Zubac put up 16/11 vs his team after catching 4-5 DNPs?  

We gonna talk about how some of yall still thirsting after Randle when him and AD and Jrue can barely stay above 500????

Are we gonna talk about how fans are thirsting after every player in the NBA and not appreciating the ones we have while the team is playing it's best basketball since 2010-11?  

Are WE GONNA Talk about how this thirsting after AD wreaks of the Dwightmare and how that ended up cursing the franchise?  

NAH let's not do that tonight

Grass is always greener right?

• Jody Smokes likes this

#22 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 22, 2018 - 09:01 AM

That's been my issue this season with the forum.  I think we can all recognize that AD, KD and Kawhi are stars but we are MIDSEASON.  Those are cool convos to dive into in the offseason but these things are now dominating the regular season.  It's never been this bad in the NBA media environment.  

People seem to care about those things than the actual GAME itself.  I don't know how any Lakers fan is not enjoying the team this year after the last 5 years.  This team is performing well and are well equipped for any playoff series.  I'd put them up against any team that isn't the Warriors right now and they are Steph ankle tweak or a Draymond shoulder issue away from imploding vs a focused team.  

100% with you on this, its fun to talk bout the what if's but truly IDGAF if you aint sporting the P&G...  S--t IDGAF about Shaq once he left, I started caring for him again once he retired and IDGAF about Bron either until this year, true story! 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#23 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,879 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 22, 2018 - 09:28 AM

That's been my issue this season with the forum. I think we can all recognize that AD, KD and Kawhi are stars but we are MIDSEASON. Those are cool convos to dive into in the offseason but these things are now dominating the regular season. It's never been this bad in the NBA media environment.

People seem to care about those things than the actual GAME itself. I don't know how any Lakers fan is not enjoying the team this year after the last 5 years. This team is performing well and are well equipped for any playoff series. I'd put them up against any team that isn't the Warriors right now and they are Steph ankle tweak or a Draymond shoulder issue away from imploding vs a focused team.

I think that you guys assume people aren't enjoying the team because they discuss ways to get better. Most people believe that we have no chance at beating a healthy GS, which is why these convos continue to happen.

Chargers clinched a playoff spot, so I've been more active on their forum as of late.

This Laker team is fun to watch but there are clear problems within on roster. It was fun watching Zubac play last night, although I still think he is hot garbage lol.

This is a WCF team because of Bron. One injury to GS and we may win a ring.

Edited by KidRN, December 22, 2018 - 09:29 AM.

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 09:45 AM

If GS is the barometer of how good a team can be guys are living in a very unrealistic world.  They are also not paying attn to what GS is dealing with right now.  Still the best team but they are more vulnerable then they've ever been.  Teams across the NBA have make scheme adjustments to deal with them specifically and it shows.  They aren't just losing games b/c they are bored.  Everything comes to an end, whether it be by losing or someone leaving.  

I just dont understand how our fanbase is in overdrive to acquire another team's player mode midseason while the team is improving in real time.  The adjustments, improvements and development we always talk about are happening in front of us but no one is going to see that with their eyes glued to AD or Kawhi all the time.  

It's a legit question to ask how much AD impacts winning when his team is 15-18 with good talent on it.  They aren't perfect but they dont have the holes some other teams have.  The Clippers best player is Tobias Harris and they are 18-13 and beating good teams.  Maybe high usage bigs that don't control the flow of the ball aren't all that impactful.  

I think AD's defense isn't as good as his steal and block rates suggest.  Embiid is a monster on that end and it shows.  NO is 25th in defensive efficiency with AD anchoring the team.  That should be an indictment against him as a player.  

I think that you guys assume people aren't enjoying the team because they discuss ways to get better. Most people believe that we have no chance at beating a healthy GS, which is why these convos continue to happen.

Chargers clinched a playoff spot, so I've been more active on their forum as of late.

This Laker team is fun to watch but there are clear problems within on roster. It was fun watching Zubac play last night, although I still think he is hot garbage lol.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 09:49 AM

LA is almost 10th in defense (.1 points behind Miami who is in 9th place).  That has more to do with Zo, BI and our go after it bigs than having Lebron.  

You gotta move BI, Zo to get AD...what happens to our defense then? 

About the only scenario that makes sense for gutting the team for AD is getting KD.  AD and an aging Bron is just collecting cool toys and not caring about the full picture.  

#26 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,482 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 22, 2018 - 10:13 AM

It all boils down to the thousands of different expectations we all have. Not meeting them brings out different reactions/responses for better or worse.

#27 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,879 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 10:17 AM

If GS is the barometer of how good a team can be guys are living in a very unrealistic world. They are also not paying attn to what GS is dealing with right now. Still the best team but they are more vulnerable then they've ever been. Teams across the NBA have make scheme adjustments to deal with them specifically and it shows. They aren't just losing games b/c they are bored. Everything comes to an end, whether it be by losing or someone leaving.

I just dont understand how our fanbase is in overdrive to acquire another team's player mode midseason while the team is improving in real time. The adjustments, improvements and development we always talk about are happening in front of us but no one is going to see that with their eyes glued to AD or Kawhi all the time.

It's a legit question to ask how much AD impacts winning when his team is 15-18 with good talent on it. They aren't perfect but they dont have the holes some other teams have. The Clippers best player is Tobias Harris and they are 18-13 and beating good teams. Maybe high usage bigs that don't control the flow of the ball aren't all that impactful.

I think AD's defense isn't as good as his steal and block rates suggest. Embiid is a monster on that end and it shows. NO is 25th in defensive efficiency with AD anchoring the team. That should be an indictment against him as a player.

I never liked AD's game which is why I never really discuss him. I'd much rather have traded for Kawhi than AD if the deal was the same.

I know this is said way too much on this forum but I think that many people go by stats and don't actually watch a whole lot of Davis. I personally think that he's a bit overrated. Just my opinion though. He tends to have huge stretches of the game where he tries to be a point guard and loses his effectiveness. His impact seems to be less than what his stats would suggest.

Edited by KidRN, December 22, 2018 - 10:20 AM.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 11:03 AM

He's a busy body.  He grew up with a lot of skills and likes to showcase them but getting stats doesnt always reflect playing effective basketball.  

It's the very thing Lebron has been accused of for years.  Difference is Lebron has a direct impact on winning games.  When Lebron has monster games in losses it's usually because the other team is flat out better...like GS. 

I never liked AD's game which is why I never really discuss him. I'd much rather have traded for Kawhi than AD if the deal was the same.

I know this is said way too much on this forum but I think that many people go by stats and don't actually watch a whole lot of Davis. I personally think that he's a bit overrated. Just my opinion though. He tends to have huge stretches of the game where he tries to be a point guard and loses his effectiveness. His impact seems to be less than what his stats would suggest.

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 11:05 AM

AD needs to be paired with a guy like Lillard or Kyrie.  He's just going to be in Lebron's way on the floor.  

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 11:18 AM

AD needs to be paired with a guy like Lillard or Kyrie. He's just going to be in Lebron's way on the floor.

Lol what? Have you seen javale McGee’s sudden career year with lebron? And on top of that Davis can shoot from anywhere on the floor

Davis and lebron would be probably the most deadly pick and roll we’ve seen since Nash and amare stoudemire

If you want to support the young players fine support them, I support them too, but let’s not be ridiculous. The league would have a hard time defending a player who’s a guard in a big mans body, who can shoot, pass, and finish from anywhere while having an all time great handle the rock
  • Jackson likes this
Posted Image

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 11:21 AM

He’s 25 years old, he’s not a finished product
  • Jackson likes this
Posted Image

#32 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 11:32 AM

Also where is this Davis doesn’t win bs coming from, Davis took his team to the second round playing lights out and won a game against golden state after not having his 2nd best player for 30+ games

Where is this myth coming from lol
  • Jackson likes this
Posted Image

#33 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 22, 2018 - 12:30 PM

As currently constructed, this team is NOT a WCF team.

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 12:43 PM

I disagree, if Ingram improves and kuzma keeps playing this way, which he has for a while now then I wouldn’t be surprised if we get in the wcf

Kuzma is already playing better than anyone on Cleveland last year

Im not going to say we are wcf bound but I’m also not going to be surprised if we make it
Posted Image

#35 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 1,065 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted December 22, 2018 - 12:59 PM

Dwight is a 1st ballot HOF 

#36 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,879 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 01:57 PM

Who out West is 100% beating them besides a healtht GS?

I find it funny how when I call the team out on flaws I'm labeled a troll or negative but when I say something positive it also gets questioned.

AD is an elite player, however, I'm not sure his skillset/playstyle is what this teem needs especially considering what we'd have to give up.
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#37 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,879 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 01:57 PM

Dwight is a 1st ballot HOF

He likely is

#38 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 02:02 PM

Who out West is 100% beating them besides a healtht GS?

I find it funny how when I call the team out on flaws I'm labeled a troll or negative but when I say something positive it also gets questioned.

AD is an elite player, however, I'm not sure his skillset/playstyle is what this teem needs especially considering what we'd have to give up.

The question you should be asking is, who out West are we 100% going to beat ?

Edited by Jackson, December 22, 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 08:39 PM

First off there's know way to answer this question.  2nd off if you actually watched the NBA you would be able to answer this yourself.  

If you actually even watched the Lakers you'd be able to answer this. There isn't a team in the NBA that can do a goddamn thing about Lebron when he's on and the GSW are the only team that has proven that can out gun him and they only have been able to do that by adding KD. 

GS is dealing with adjusting to the fact that the league has caught up to them scheme wise.  KD actually talked about this the other day. 

If you're going to be pessimistic about the team's outlook at least do your research bro.  

The question you should be asking is, who out West are we 100% going to beat ?

• Massacre and 8RingKobe like this

#40 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 08:45 PM

First off there's know way to answer this question. 2nd off if you actually watched the NBA you would be able to answer this yourself.

If you actually even watched the Lakers you'd be able to answer this. There isn't a team in the NBA that can do a goddamn thing about Lebron when he's on and the GSW are the only team that has proven that can out gun him and they only have been able to do that by adding KD.

GS is dealing with adjusting to the fact that the league has caught up to them scheme wise. KD actually talked about this the other day.

If you're going to be pessimistic about the team's outlook at least do your research bro.

Its not hard. If you ADMANTLY say and proclaim that we will get to the WCF, then you should be able to say which teams the Lakers will beat 100% (which would be any team in the WCF not the Warriors).

The fact of the matter is you can't. The Lakers have flaws at the moment allowing them to be beatable.

Example: LeBrons Heat teams and 2nd stint with the Cavs, people could confidently say they will 100% beat all the teams in the East during the playoffs to get to the finals.

Can't do that here (until we add AD).

Edited by Jackson, December 22, 2018 - 08:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users