44 replies to this topic

#1 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:01 PM

We gonna talk about how half of the fanbase is thirsty for a MFer with a unibrow that just let Zubac put up 16/11 vs his team after catching 4-5 DNPs?  

We gonna talk about how some of yall still thirsting after Randle when him and AD and Jrue can barely stay above 500????

Are we gonna talk about how fans are thirsting after every player in the NBA and not appreciating the ones we have while the team is playing it's best basketball since 2010-11?  

Are WE GONNA Talk about how this thirsting after AD wreaks of the Dwightmare and how that ended up cursing the franchise?  

NAH let's not do that tonight

• Massacre and Persian Gulf like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:14 PM

You've been overreacting over flashes of success a lot more compared to the pessimists  on here when the team plays bad.

Stop disrespecting Anthony Davis like that, a highly regarded top 5 NBA play basketball player in any NBA circle. Randle was a solid consistent 15 and 10 player when he was here. I'm sure the Lakers wanted to keep him but they couldn't due to future free agencies and cap space.

Appreciating players on this team? How many fans on here fawn over Ball and Ingram. How many people still talk about D-Lo? There is appreciation, but there is frustration when players struggle.

AD is no Dwight Howard, nor is it the same situation. Not even going to address this ridiculous statement.

Edited by Jackson, December 21, 2018 - 11:25 PM.

• Japago and Xinxin like this

#3 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:15 PM

Weren't you just suggesting to trade LeBron for AD lmao

• GCMD likes this

#4 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:25 PM

Does this forum still get moderated? There's disagreements, and there are people who are just intolerant to differing opinions. Your posts on the trade topic telling people not to talk about free agency and trades and this post are ridiculous.

It's ridiculous to measure the Lakers' team success to other teams' success anyway. The Lakers young core just doesn't have the same responsibilities/roles as other teams' guys. Would you say the Cavs' had a great team around LeBron last season because they made the finals?

• GCMD, Tensai and Jackson like this

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:32 PM

“MFer with a unibrow” I’m dead.

#6 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:41 PM

Regardless of whether you agree w/ Jody or not, this forum, and Laker fans in general are CONSTANTLY thirsting over adding another player and so occupied about everyone who isn’t a Laker. Guys are talking about Kawhi, KD, Brow, etc. all the while the team is 19-13 and in 4th place with LOTS of room to improve. This team isn’t a finished product. A lot of guys are occupied with who to add next when there’s nothing wrong with enjoying the ride and watching this team and the young players get better.

Look, it would be great if Zo and Ingram were putting up 20 PPG, but there’s no way you can watch them the last 2 seasons and say they aren’t improving. They are already impact players on D and have shown flashes on offense. Kuzma is playing the best ball of his short career and has dispelled notions that he’s another Clarkson, meanwhile Boston and their elite future superstars can’t even learn to play together and Donovan Mitchell is shooting 6 for 100 in his last 2 games.

This team will be very good, with another max guy or not.

Edited by Massacre, December 21, 2018 - 11:42 PM.

• Persian Gulf, -Wade-, Xinxin and 1 other like this

#7 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,498 posts

Posted December 21, 2018 - 11:56 PM

Regardless of whether you agree w/ Jody or not, this forum, and Laker fans in general are CONSTANTLY thirsting over adding another player and so occupied about everyone who isn’t a Laker. Guys are talking about Kawhi, KD, Brow, etc. all the while the team is 19-13 and in 4th place with LOTS of room to improve. This team isn’t a finished product. A lot of guys are occupied with who to add next when there’s nothing wrong with enjoying the ride and watching this team and the young players get better.

Look, it would be great if Zo and Ingram were putting up 20 PPG, but there’s no way you can watch them the last 2 seasons and say they aren’t improving. They are already impact players on D and have shown flashes on offense. Kuzma is playing the best ball of his short career and has dispelled notions that he’s another Clarkson, meanwhile Boston and their elite future superstars can’t even learn to play together and Donovan Mitchell is shooting 6 for 100 in his last 2 games.

This team will be very good, with another max guy or not.

Sorry, but you guys are just regurgitating the same stuff over and over. These guys are doing good, they're making progress, have patience. That's cool and all if it was a 1-2 year thing. But it's been like this since 2013. It's nice you guys support and enjoy the young guys on this team. If you're fine with being a middle of the pack WC team (because of LeBron not the young guys), then that's fine.

But some people are sick and tired of not winning a championship in 8 years. Most Lakers fans know we need 2nd superstar next to LeBron to be legit contender or be title favorites. All NBA analysts agree with this. Even the LeBron homers. LeBron James himself knows this.

If LeBron James is PUBLICLY fawning over Anthony Davis, then it's very telling that he does not have much faith in the Lakers young nucleus. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth. He knows you can't win championships with these type of role players. He's had experience in Miami in Cleveland.

Yeah they'll be good with another max guy or not strictly because of LeBron.

Edited by Jackson, December 21, 2018 - 11:57 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,596 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 12:17 AM

Definitely not saying DON’T get a 2nd guy. Neither did Jody. It’s possible to believe in the young guys and the direction of the team while still recognizing how much help a 2nd All-Star would bring.

My issue begins with people throwing every player on the roster at Davis, Leonard, and wanting to make moves for a guy on a lottery team like Beal.

If you’re so hell bent on snapping this excruciating, tenuous, 8-year (lol) streak, then it has to be the right guy. I’m not against trading anyone on this roster as long as it’s beneficial to the short and long-term success of the team. Plain and simple. Is trading every player on the roster for AD the right move that gets them back there? Even when the Lakers traded for Pau, they had a good core in place and contributing players like Ariza, Odom, Fisher, Bynum etc., much of the foundation was already in place. Look how much better that situation turned out because of failed attempts at KG and JO, which required multiple of those aforementioned guys.

Regardless of what happens, we need the young guys to show out. Can’t want them to fetch you AD and criticize them for being [expletive].

Edited by Massacre, December 22, 2018 - 12:19 AM.

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 01:32 AM

Ok I’m in the camp of supporting the young guys but let’s not go crazy, anthony Davis also put up 30 and 20 against us. And if we’re going to chastise him for zubacs performance I can go down the list of the guys lebrons let go off

Zubac has the benefit of playing with guys who get him easy looks. But there can be a middle ground. Davis and khawi are objectively better than any of the young guys on this roster. Period. Likelihood that any of the young guys ever even sniff their production is low. That’s not to say you trade them all; or just get rid of them to get rid of them but let’s not start trashing players that are clearly better. We are playing the best basketball the lakers have played in a long time. And that’s great

I agree that other teams young guys are given a much different leash by a few on this board than our own and I also agree that sometimes there can be big delusions on how perfect other teams play compared to us

But Anthony Davis is a bonafide superstar who’s surrounding roster gets overrated based on their production which is a result of his presence there. Outside of Jrue who on that pelicans roster would you replace one of our guys for? I can promise you not one. Their roster is pretty mediocre

When mirotic is your second best player it’s not a good sign

So let’s relax on the Davis hate lol you don’t need to hate on Davis to support the youth
  • GCMD, Jackson and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#10 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,657 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 22, 2018 - 02:28 AM

why the hate???

• GCMD likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#11 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,418 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 03:27 AM

I don't get the point of this thread.

• GCMD likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#12 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,156 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 22, 2018 - 04:00 AM

We gonna talk about how half of the fanbase is thirsty for a MFer with a unibrow that just let Zubac put up 16/11 vs his team after catching 4-5 DNPs?

We gonna talk about how some of yall still thirsting after Randle when him and AD and Jrue can barely stay above 500????

Are we gonna talk about how fans are thirsting after every player in the NBA and not appreciating the ones we have while the team is playing it's best basketball since 2010-11?

Are WE GONNA Talk about how this thirsting after AD wreaks of the Dwightmare and how that ended up cursing the franchise?

NAH let's not do that tonight

AD put up 30 sick. Come on you know better than this, the guy wasn’t even suppose to play last Night
  • GCMD likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#13 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 22, 2018 - 06:12 AM

Jody, youre my dude but you smoked the wrong batch, put that sh-- down, its messing with you ;)

• GCMD and Jody Smokes like this

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,361 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 22, 2018 - 07:06 AM

AD isnt Dwight? Right! Dwight had more impact!!!!!
Dwight was a 3 time dpoy who went to Finals. Outplayed Bron in 2009.

AD aint KD or Steph both of whom have led teams to titles and Finals runs.

Also Jody is right.
Tarum is playing bad ball. Jaylen Brown is worse than Hart. Donovan Mitchell playing far worse than Ingram.
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#15 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 07:40 AM

Dwight led his team to the Finals and the Magic ALWAYS made the playoffs when he was there.  I know its cool to dump on Dwight now but he had done MUCH more by 23 than AD has ever done for Lakers to have this love affair with him.  Why is his team 15-18 if he's so [expletive]ing impactful?  Please give me an answer for that

You've been overreacting over flashes of success a lot more compared to the pessimists  on here when the team plays bad.

Stop disrespecting Anthony Davis like that, a highly regarded top 5 NBA play basketball player in any NBA circle. Randle was a solid consistent 15 and 10 player when he was here. I'm sure the Lakers wanted to keep him but they couldn't due to future free agencies and cap space.

Appreciating players on this team? How many fans on here fawn over Ball and Ingram. How many people still talk about D-Lo? There is appreciation, but there is frustration when players struggle.

AD is no Dwight Howard, nor is it the same situation. Not even going to address this ridiculous statement.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#16 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 07:41 AM

I was [expletive]ing around that night but I'd never really consider that [expletive] tbh.  Bron is damn near the best player to ever touch a basketball.  AD is not even the best big man in the NBA IMO.  Joel Embiid is. 

Weren't you just suggesting to trade LeBron for AD lmao

#17 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 07:46 AM

Again you're so caught up in cute stats.  Anybody here want to explain how AD is any differnet from the Kings Boogie and the Timberwolves Kevin Love? 

Guys are having 30/20 games and not getting wins.  Save me the team argument as well.  Jrue, Niko and Randle are all very complimentary to AD's game.  If they are 15-18 it means he may not have the impact on winning that you think he does.  This is not to dump on him as a player or say he's not a star but maybe we should rethink how impactful a big man that REQUIRES to be fed and an open floor to cook is.  

There couldn't be a worse fit for a sidekick for Lebron than AD as a star player.  

AD put up 30 sick. Come on you know better than this, the guy wasn’t even suppose to play last Night

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,545 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 07:48 AM

I should ask you that MR LAKER fan.  Why are you so concerned about a player in another jersey and not the ones in the Lakers uni? 

Im a true Lakers fan.  Idgf about other team's players the way yall do.  I want these guys to ball and root for them to get better every game.  Some of yall only want to show up when the situation is perfect for you.  Just admit that and move on.  

We trade for AD and they dont win a ring we'll see the same group [expletive]ing and moaning and looking for someone to blame as well lol. 

why the hate???

#19 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 08:22 AM

AD is not even the best big man in the NBA IMO.  Joel Embiid is. 

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum.... Im rolling with AD but thats a tough one.

#20 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,398 posts

Posted December 22, 2018 - 08:25 AM

Idgf about other team's players the way yall do.  I want these guys to ball and root for them to get better every game.  

100% with you on this, its fun to talk bout the what if's but truly IDGAF if you aint sporting the P&G...  S--t IDGAF about Shaq once he left, I started caring for him again once he retired and IDGAF about Bron either until this year, true story! 

• Jody Smokes and KidRN like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users