39 replies to this topic

#21 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,924 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 13, 2018 - 03:02 PM

Positives:  Culture change, 17/10 record (thought it would be closer to .500), Kuzma/ LBJ chemistry, other vet's impact on team

Negatives:  Tougher schedule coming in Jan, ball dominance of LBJ at times, Ingram's development, Luke's x's and o's

• lakerfan98 and LACAS like this

#22 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,644 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 13, 2018 - 06:47 PM

FT's

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,605 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 18, 2018 - 09:25 PM

Svi and Mo getting valuable time.
Lonzo healthy and improving.

3 of our top 8 will be back in next 2 or 3 games

#24 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,844 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2018 - 12:40 AM

Ball and Kuzma looked awesome today.

When I see them have good games, I feel good about them. Kuzma is on a streak where we can be hopeful that he can be a significant part of this team going forward.

I'm not sure what that looks like for Lonzo. He obviously doesn't need to put up these kinds of stats to feel good about him. But, he does look really bad at times. At the very least, I think his lows need to be not be as bad. Whatever that is exactly, I don't know.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,615 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2018 - 09:56 AM

I honestly believe that the next level offensively for this team is for Zo to dictate pace.  Lebron picked up some terrible habits in CLE, especially last year with "martyr ball".  Pretty much trying to control and do everything.  He needs to get off ball more.  In games like last night Lebron can close and control things like that for the last 5-6 minutes and ensure a win.  

Ball and Kuzma looked awesome today.

When I see them have good games, I feel good about them. Kuzma is on a streak where we can be hopeful that he can be a significant part of this team going forward.

I'm not sure what that looks like for Lonzo. He obviously doesn't need to put up these kinds of stats to feel good about him. But, he does look really bad at times. At the very least, I think his lows need to be not be as bad. Whatever that is exactly, I don't know.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2018 - 10:54 AM

I honestly believe that the next level offensively for this team is for Zo to dictate pace.  Lebron picked up some terrible habits in CLE, especially last year with "martyr ball".  Pretty much trying to control and do everything.  He needs to get off ball more.  In games like last night Lebron can close and control things like that for the last 5-6 minutes and ensure a win.  

The Lakers would have been up comfortably with LeBron last night, he wouldn't have had to dictate anything.  Lonzo and Kuz looked great, Ingram looked lost on both ends of the floor causing careless turnovers and fouls 30 feet away from the hoop, and Zu regressed to the mean, all things that I have expected from this team.  

• LACAS likes this

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,605 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 12:52 PM

The Lakers would have been up comfortably with LeBron last night, he wouldn't have had to dictate anything. Lonzo and Kuz looked great, Ingram looked lost on both ends of the floor causing careless turnovers and fouls 30 feet away from the hoop, and Zu regressed to the mean, all things that I have expected from this team.

Kuz had more misses. More bad shots and more bomeheaded mistakes on defense. The bias against Ingram is sickening

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted December 28, 2018 - 12:57 PM

Kuz had more misses. More bad shots and more bomeheaded mistakes on defense. The bias against Ingram is sickening

There’s no bias against Ingram, from everyone. He has major faults, Kuzma moves off the ball, he doesn’t consistently stop offense

Not all bad shots are the same

Ingram can literally hold the ball for 10-15 seconds for a good portion of his offense

That’s not good. If Ingram was more in the flow of the offense and moving around I’d have a different opinion on him

How many times does Ingram stand at the 3 point line and not move until he gets the ball, too much, and if he gets the ball he won’t let go of it until the clocks running out

Why do you think Stu lantz makes a comment like “Ingram loves to get to a short clock” does he have a bias against Ingram?

I mean it’s plain as day. He’s a ball stopper. He likes to get the ball, search for a bucket and then either give it up last second or take a mid range jumper
Posted Image

#29 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,290 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 28, 2018 - 06:09 PM

Ingram Shouldn’t just wait and just shoot or make plays.

Make Lakers Great Again. 

#30 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,644 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 29, 2018 - 07:29 AM

Positive: Bron will eventually come back.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#31 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 29, 2018 - 09:25 AM

We did beat GSW in Oaktown without Bron now guys are figuring out what to do and haven’t learned to close out games but I feel it’s good to lose a few to learn how to win the last two games we’re winnable and as soon as someone steps up we’ll be winning again! defense is doing way better and Kuzma is making people want Flint water!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, December 29, 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#32 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,958 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 29, 2018 - 12:13 PM

We did beat GSW in Oaktown without Bron now guys are figuring out what to do and haven’t learned to close out games but I feel it’s good to lose a few to learn how to win the last two games we’re winnable and as soon as someone steps up we’ll be winning again! defense is doing way better and Kuzma is making people want Flint water!

Flashes in a pan.

• LACAS likes this

#33 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 03:13 PM

Flashes in a pan.

Kuz and Lonzo can play. That should be evident to even the morons on this board. The Lakers roster with the injuries they currently have are not going to win many games. The fact that they have even been in them should be very encouraging. I know y’all expect them to just tear off a bunch in a row but the reality is they are 20-23 year olds playing in the NBA. isn’t gonna happen. They can get close and maybe steal a few. With LeBron/Javale/Rondo they are a completely different and far superior team. Just hope for them to tread water and they will be fine.

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 03:19 PM

Best case is we do steal a few whilst lonzo and Kuzma develop a bit faster and that way when we get McGee back and obviously Lebron we are that much better off. I mean as of right now I’d venture to say that the Lakers are getting lucky with last years draft kinda showing some of the best development of any of their recent drafts. Both lonzo and kuzma are really coming into their own and there’s times where both look like they may become all stars

And then you have hart who’s proven to me anyways that he can be a reliable rotation guy
Posted Image

#35 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts

Posted December 29, 2018 - 03:20 PM

Best case is we do steal a few whilst lonzo and Kuzma develop a bit faster and that way when we get McGee back and obviously Lebron we are that much better off. I mean as of right now I’d venture to say that the Lakers are getting lucky with last years draft kinda showing some of the best development of any of their recent drafts. Both lonzo and kuzma are really coming into their own and there’s times where both look like they may become all stars

And then you have hart who’s proven to me anyways that he can be a reliable rotation guy

Exactly.

#36 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,605 posts

Posted January 19, 2019 - 10:37 PM

Kuz can get red hot
ZO starting to get it
Ingram is resilient...possibly clutch
Hart is tough no where to go but up

#37 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 20, 2019 - 01:09 AM

We strarted hitting freethrows
  • Persian Gulf likes this

#38 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,290 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted January 20, 2019 - 08:52 AM

Zubac O'Neal. 

Make Lakers Great Again. 

#39 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,088 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 20, 2019 - 12:01 PM

Ingram is resilient...possibly clutch

What does this even mean?  Not trying to be argumentative.  Serious question.

I think positives have to be the entire team fighting and clawing with both Rondo and LeBron out.  Zu has been a pleasant surprise.  Offense is coming along.

One thing that bugs the snot out of me is how we don't, as a team, seem to understand how to set SCREENS for our best scorer!  Lonzo routinely sets off and on ball screens to get Kuzma and LeBron open.  The rest of our team?  Braindead.

How do you let Tucker stay glued to Kuzma the entire 4th and OT?  I would have run Tucker into about 4 screens BEFORE the ball crossed HALFCOURT!

And it's not hard to run a weave!  Or dribble handoff!  /rant

Edited by GCMD, January 20, 2019 - 12:01 PM.

#40 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts

Posted January 20, 2019 - 03:18 PM

What does this even mean? Not trying to be argumentative. Serious question.

I think positives have to be the entire team fighting and clawing with both Rondo and LeBron out. Zu has been a pleasant surprise. Offense is coming along.

One thing that bugs the snot out of me is how we don't, as a team, seem to understand how to set SCREENS for our best scorer! Lonzo routinely sets off and on ball screens to get Kuzma and LeBron open. The rest of our team? Braindead.

How do you let Tucker stay glued to Kuzma the entire 4th and OT? I would have run Tucker into about 4 screens BEFORE the ball crossed HALFCOURT!

And it's not hard to run a weave! Or dribble handoff! /rant

I would blame the coach on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users