39 replies to this topic

#1 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,615 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2018 - 08:01 AM

The team is 17-10 and thoughts that we should move this guy, or should've moved this guy instead of this guy and the constant free agency (a whole new season lol).  

What are the positives you have with this team?  Are you enjoying the season so far? For those that have been around the team may finally hit that Majesty famous "18-10" prediction from the 13-14 season lol

Edited by Jody Smokes, December 12, 2018 - 08:01 AM.

• LakerGeezer and Adam like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,290 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 12, 2018 - 08:48 AM

i think we're clicking well and everyone knows their spots. 

we still have to fix on our free throw and turnovers. 

• Jody Smokes and Adam like this

Make Lakers Great Again. 

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 12, 2018 - 10:30 AM

I really excited about a few things.

Our defense which is top 10 right now and top 5 since adding Chandler.

Kuzma suddently looking like an all-star right now - 25-8-3 in december while playing good defense.

Lonzo Ball. People hate. I dont give a [expletive] because most people only look at dunks and scoring. His impact defensively is insane and his unselfishness is awesome. Once he learns how to be an offensive threat, he'll be an MVP-level player.

Luke Walton. Sure, his lineups were a bit hard to figure out early on. The fact of the matter is that he's has built a defensive back-bone and a great locker room. Offensively, we're coming along as well.

Also, that Lebron guy is pretty good.

• Persian Gulf, Jody Smokes and 4Warner like this

#4 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,861 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2018 - 10:33 AM

Positives: just about everything. Team is ahead of schedule. Kuzma looks great. LeBron shows no sign of slowing down. Great defense. Winning record.

Negatives: Ingram is having a tough season with injuries and getting suspended. Still think he figures into the grand scheme of things somehow. Maybe less 3s, but unguarded 3s are tough to pass up and they are winning way more than they lose so I’m okay with it til things change.

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,881 posts

Posted December 12, 2018 - 11:14 AM

The positives are that this team is ahead of schedule. They are closing in on top 10 for both offensive and defensive efficiency. LeBron is scoring as well as he ever has and playing the fewest minutes of his career.

There have been injuries to key players (Rondo, Ingram) but the team is still right there in the “different animal” of a Western conference. Once this Ariza trade goes through (hopefully), it will shore up the biggest weakness on defense, which is size and versatility on the perimeter.

LeBron is the MVP. People talk about LeCoast but he’s held to unfair standard due to the gear he’s able to shift into for the playoffs and Finals. He’s having as good of a season as anyone out there.

When Ingram, Rondo come back, hopefully an Ariza (or maybe someone else) addition...all that will be needed is time. I’m standing by my prediction that this team only loses to GSW in the playoffs, which could be (and hopefully is) the WCF depending on seeding.

#6 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,605 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 12, 2018 - 11:14 AM

Ingram ball hart and Kuz have all looked like [expletive] this season. Ingram at his absolute worst was still impactful. The other 3 have had games where they had no impact.

Svi has slowly improved
  • Persian Gulf and Jody Smokes like this

#7 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,958 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 12, 2018 - 12:18 PM

I'm happy with where we are currently. Top 4/5 team in the WCF is pretty much the hopes I had, and anything more would be a bonus. I'm happy with Kuzma's play as of late. Ball's offense is still pretty bad but hopefully he will shore things up there. Ingram is still 50/50 imo. I still favor trading whatever pieces we have for more established and reliable players. It's good to be a Lakers fan again.

The only problem I have, and I guess the same goes for the rest of the league is deep inside I know that we're not good enough to beat the Warriors. They're just too damn good. I also feel it's entirely possible that we lose in a 7 game series to teams in the west that have more playoff experience and more talented players.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#8 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,100 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2018 - 12:43 PM

Honestly, I a have been surprised with the season. I set my expectations low to began with. I like what I see in Lonzo. The rim protection from McGee and the rebounding from Chandler, This current team is slowly climbing up the playoff chart and I really did not know what to expect, even with Lebron on the team. There are some minuses but still, this team is playing well. Kuzma has turned it around and the Josh has certainly shown why he could be starting due to the injury od Ingram. Definitely better start than last season

#9 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,844 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 12, 2018 - 01:41 PM

LeBron, Kuzma, Hart, McGee, and Chandler have been good. It's encouraging that that's been enough for the Lakers to look like a decent team so far.

#10 4Warner

4Warner

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Name:D.Warner
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Bron

Posted December 12, 2018 - 03:51 PM

Positives for this young season? Here's a few that may not have been mentioned...

#1. We haven't heard a whisper from Lavar Ball this year. A good thing.

#2. Luke Walton still has his job and looks to have established a healthy locker room. A great thing.

#3. The Lakers are the talk of the NBA again. A necessary thing.

#4. Magic's additions, which many people questioned, in JaVale McGee, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, and even Mike Beasley, have all fit in well. A surprising thing maybe...

And a whole lot of other stuff...

Edited by 4Warner, December 12, 2018 - 03:51 PM.

• LakeShow1o1 and LakerGeezer like this

#11 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,088 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2018 - 04:57 PM

The team is 17-10 and thoughts that we should move this guy, or should've moved this guy instead of this guy and the constant free agency (a whole new season lol).  

What are the positives you have with this team?  Are you enjoying the season so far? For those that have been around the team may finally hit that Majesty famous "18-10" prediction from the 13-14 season lol

Lonzo and LeBron's chemistry is really starting to blossom.

Lonzo's always had chemistry with Kuzma and Hart.

Kuzma is starting to show why he's a future Allstar.  High level scorer who is relatively low usage.

Hart and KCP have turned into a great rotation at the 2 spot.  Defensive activity has really picked up.  Both are good catch & shoot options.

McGee and Chandler are PERFECT options at 5 for us.  Sign these guys to multi-year contracts ASAP.

We seem to be having FUN.  I don't care about the turnovers at this point in the season because that tends to go away once the chemistry and familiarity with teammates gets better.

The 10 losses are more than we wanted but the record since the first 5 losses, 15-5, is TREMENDOUSLY encouraging, especially since Rondo and Ingram have missed the last few games...

Lots of positives...our goal this year isn't progress...it's to come as close to perfection of what we do best as possible.  So the positives indicate what is going right.  They don't excuse all that still needs fixing.  The goal isn't WCF...it's to shock the world and beat GSW.  That doesn't happen by celebrating 5th place in the West and 8th or 9th place in the NBA.

• LakeShow1o1 and LakerGeezer like this

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,940 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 12, 2018 - 09:09 PM

Another positive:

I dont expect the team to lose games anymore. Even against good teams i kinda expect them to win.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#13 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,606 posts

Posted December 12, 2018 - 09:30 PM

It is too early.

fXlFKv8.gif

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,605 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 12, 2018 - 09:33 PM

Positive

The defense is getting better progressively

#15 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 799 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted December 12, 2018 - 10:19 PM

Positive: 17-10

Negative: Seems like they always are fighting to make a comeback in the 4th. How bout mixing a blowout or two in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#16 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Shahanshah

• 5,290 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 13, 2018 - 08:19 AM

Positive: 17-10

Negative: Seems like they always are fighting to make a comeback in the 4th. How bout mixing a blowout or two in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we had a blow out against the suns and Memphis recently. 

Make Lakers Great Again. 

#17 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,644 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 13, 2018 - 11:44 AM

So far its been a positive overall... sure there are areas to improve on but we're playing well and IMO ahead of predicted pace.

Ingram has been somewhat of a letdown...  

#18 ArabicMamba

ArabicMamba

All-Star

• 5,730 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2018 - 11:44 AM

positives: FINALLY A PLAYOFF EARNED SEASON AFTER 5 YEARS!!!

• 4Warner likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#19 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2018 - 12:32 PM

positives: FINALLY A PLAYOFF EARNED SEASON AFTER 5 YEARS!!!

Don't jinx it ..

• LACAS likes this

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,659 posts

Posted December 13, 2018 - 02:43 PM

So far its been a positive overall... sure there are areas to improve on but we're playing well and IMO ahead of predicted pace.

Ingram has been somewhat of a letdown...

He’s definitely more confident but his actual progression is quite a bit behind lonzo right now

Lonzo has made an enormous leap in effect on the games

Kuzma has come around quite a bit

So in reality Ingram is behind hopefully he has a kuzma type resurgence if not the lakers will have decisions to make
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users