Photo

Durant says Lakers may not get additional star to help LeBron

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,048 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 05, 2018 - 12:15 PM

There's an article on ESPN about his comments on a B/R interveiw:

http://www.espn.com/...tar-pair-lebron

Says that LeBron controls the offense too much:

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense," Durant told Bleacher Report. "Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

LeBron gets too much media attention:

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points.

#2 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2018 - 02:05 PM

I determined a couple of days ago that Durant is trolling the league and will stay in GS and they will likely trade Draymond.  

Durant just doesn't want to own up to actually trolling though.  He was on IG liking OKC pics a few weeks ago.  Has crumbs leading to LA, crumbs leading to NY as well.  He's just having fun with it but doesnt want the media to know that he is.  

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he stays put but at the same time YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.  

• Persian Gulf, Jackson and lakerfan98 like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 02:08 PM

I said these very things into why Kyrie wanted out of CLE

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 02:12 PM

Young players don't have the egos yet to care about that stuff, that's why Lebron is a great fit for them.  On the flip side no prime aged star wants to be Lebron's lil brother.  Some of the stuff that comes out of Lebron's media scrums are idiotic.  I remember they asked Kyrie is Lebron like a father figure to him.  That's some wild [expletive] man. 

• Jackson and MambaMentality like this

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,284 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 05, 2018 - 02:31 PM

The media comment by KD was hella interesting.
  • Jackson likes this

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 02:38 PM

Brandon Ingram is the Kawhi on this team but hey nobody got patience for that! LOL

• Persian Gulf likes this

#7 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,450 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 03:00 PM

Anti-media. Not anti-LeBron.

#8 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,048 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 03:32 PM

Brandon Ingram is the Kawhi on this team but hey nobody got patience for that! LOL

We might have no choice but to hope and pray Ingram becomes something similar to Kwahi. After PG13's comments about playing with LeBron earlier this season, and now Durant, free agency this summer doesn't look too good.

#9 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,621 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 05, 2018 - 04:22 PM

I've been saying the Lakers' chances in 2019 FA aren't good. They should've traded for a star in the off-season.

Relying on the young core to turn into stars is a losing proposition. They just haven't shown that kind of potential at all.

#10 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,141 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 05, 2018 - 06:33 PM

All I know is that AD will be a laker soon.
  • Persian Gulf, MambaMentality, Olabebeh and 1 other like this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#11 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,409 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 06:34 PM

Durant is a [expletive]ing twad and should keep his mouth shut for once.

fXlFKv8.gif

#12 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 05, 2018 - 09:48 PM

Did you read the article? KD's quote is literally the opposite of what you just said:

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense," Durant told Bleacher Report. "Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

Young players don't have the egos yet to care about that stuff, that's why Lebron is a great fit for them.  On the flip side no prime aged star wants to be Lebron's lil brother.  Some of the stuff that comes out of Lebron's media scrums are idiotic.  I remember they asked Kyrie is Lebron like a father figure to him.  That's some wild [expletive] man. 

This is exactly why KD is coming to LA.

#13 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2018 - 10:43 PM

That's just KD telling you why he doesn't want to play with LeBron...which is fine with me because I don't think we need KD here. I don't think he speaks for the rest of the league. Someone like Draymond would be great though...

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#14 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,816 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 05, 2018 - 10:56 PM

yeah yeah. we will see you on christmas day!

#15 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,542 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 05, 2018 - 11:11 PM

That's just KD telling you why he doesn't want to play with LeBron...which is fine with me because I don't think we need KD here. I don't think he speaks for the rest of the league. Someone like Draymond would be great though...

Trade Ingram/Kuzma for Dray?  Sign Klay in the offseason?  Done and Done.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,284 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 06, 2018 - 06:22 AM

If you read it...its setting up KD to Lakers.

KD doesnt dictate pace
  • MambaMentality likes this

#17 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,141 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 06, 2018 - 07:24 AM

Trade Ingram/Kuzma for Dray? Sign Klay in the offseason? Done and Done.

klay ain’t going no where. He’s brand would be much bigger on the Warriors then the lakers
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted December 06, 2018 - 08:40 AM

I think there’s way too much overthinking, remember lebron and Durant are incredibly close friends so I won’t put too much stock into it

In fact I’d look at it as more likely for Durant to come here based on the fact that he’s even thinking about the lakers mid season at all
Posted Image

#19 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 06, 2018 - 08:54 AM

Big Game went off on Durant during yesterdays broadcast. I know they have a history when Big Game commented on Durant leaving OKC. Big Game tells it as it is.

#20 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,048 posts

Posted December 06, 2018 - 11:28 AM

I think there’s way too much overthinking, remember lebron and Durant are incredibly close friends so I won’t put too much stock into it

In fact I’d look at it as more likely for Durant to come here based on the fact that he’s even thinking about the lakers mid season at all

Incredibly close friends? No they're not. And this interview proves we're far from ever landing Durant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users