#81 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Off The Bench

• 2,076 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:18 PM

I just don't understand this late game decisions, we have 3 possesions to stay ahead and we brick three three points when we are in the bonus at home with Lebron James in the team?? How can Luke permit this? I get it once in a while this happening but camon almost every single game.

• ChichoGarcy likes this

#82 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,898 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:18 PM

Lakers lost in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. As bad as it was, they still had a chance to win it but clanked 3 good looks from 3.

Really would like to see LeBron just put his head down and get to the line. This was a winnable game. @ Denver coming up.

#83 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,846 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:22 PM

So whats going to be the new reason Lonzo got benched in the 4th? I just don;t get what this guy has to do to stay in late in the game. We always play better with him in there late in the game. 

Pardon my inability to post tweets, but here:

https://twitter.com/...830139776856064

Luke said that he wanted to get Lonzo back in the game but that the closing lineup was doing a great job and that KCP was "flying around" and making an impact defensively.

#84 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:27 PM

Bad last three minutes not strong defense or offense not happy!

#85 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,509 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:31 PM

Pardon my inability to post tweets, but here:

https://twitter.com/...830139776856064

Always an excuse. Also Luke subbed the whole starting lineup in except lonzo and pretty sure it was the bench that brought back most of that deficit. 

#86 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,898 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:33 PM

Luke just doesn’t trust Lonzo, pretty evident. He should’ve been in there.

#87 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,846 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:43 PM

Always an excuse. Also Luke subbed the whole starting lineup in except lonzo and pretty sure it was the bench that brought back most of that deficit. 

Luke just doesn't have good instincts. He makes questionable rotational decisions all the time. It's not just Lonzo.

#88 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,469 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:48 PM

Luke Walton is not a good coach. I don't think he's necessarily a bad coach but it's been 3 seasons and we're still complaining about the same issues. The roster has been different each year but his shortcomings as a coach remain constant. If we win a chip in LeBron's tenure here I doubt Luke is the coach of that team.
  • BORNINLA likes this

#89 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,846 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:58 PM

Based on Luke's quote on KCP and Lonzo, he's really sticking to his guns on Ingram/LeBron/Kuzma at SG/SF/PF respectively. I honestly have no idea why he keeps pushing that trio. I think that trio can be exploited defensively, and it doesn't space the floor well either.

#90 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,616 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 25, 2018 - 04:01 PM

In theory their spacing is fine.  Kuzma just hasn't been hitting shots this year.  The trio works but I'd rather see Hart starting over Kuzma.  Just a more disciplined defensive and less streaky player.  

KCP's jumper falling always seems to be the difference in him being a key player or a total liability at times.  Made a lot of hard effort plays on D but didn't matter b/c he gave it right back on offense. 

Based on Luke's quote on KCP and Lonzo, he's really sticking to his guns on Ingram/LeBron/Kuzma at SG/SF/PF respectively. I honestly have no idea why he keeps pushing that trio. I think that trio can be exploited defensively, and it doesn't space the floor well either.

Edited by Jody Smokes, November 25, 2018 - 04:01 PM.

• Olabebeh likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#91 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,967 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 25, 2018 - 04:02 PM

When are we going to stop the late game isos and last second shots. Why can't we for once just look for a good shot. Lakers have to make everything harder on themselves.

We used to do a lot of late game P&Rs during our championship years with Kobe and company. Just need to execute better.

#92 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,884 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2018 - 04:15 PM

You guys act like the sky is falling.  The Lakers have been on a tear, they played a game where they took 2 entire quarters off and while it would have been nice to win, they lost to another NBA caliber team that is playing pretty well this season.  It happens, on to the next one.

• Persian Gulf and Jody Smokes like this

#93 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,846 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 04:23 PM

In theory their spacing is fine.  Kuzma just hasn't been hitting shots this year.  The trio works but I'd rather see Hart starting over Kuzma.  Just a more disciplined defensive and less streaky player.  

KCP's jumper falling always seems to be the difference in him being a key player or a total liability at times.  Made a lot of hard effort plays on D but didn't matter b/c he gave it right back on offense. 

Ingram barely takes any 3s and Kuzma is shooting at a very poor percentage, accompanied with Lonzo being a mediocre 3 pt shooter. Not sure how that's enough spacing.

I would love to see more of Hart. But, Mike Trudell mentioned him dealing with an ankle injury:

https://twitter.com/...818927722819589

Josh Hart hasn’t looked the same since turning his ankle in Cleveland. He didn’t score vs. Utah in 14 minutes (0 of 2 FG’s) and hasn’t taken a shot in 11 minutes today.

I think Hart instead of Kuzma is the move to make when Hart recovers though.

#94 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,846 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 04:35 PM

You guys act like the sky is falling.  The Lakers have been on a tear, they played a game where they took 2 entire quarters off and while it would have been nice to win, they lost to another NBA caliber team that is playing pretty well this season.  It happens, on to the next one.

I don't think the team has looked that impressive despite the wins. The only wins the Lakers have against good teams are against Denver, Portland twice, and Sacramento. Close wins against questionable teams also don't build that much confidence. I think the Lakers' flaws are glaring and problematic for their future for this season.

And, doesn't losing twice to the same team in a short amount of time make you question the team's ability to adjust? They've done that to the Spurs and now the Magic.

Edited by Japago, November 25, 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#95 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,616 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 25, 2018 - 04:54 PM

That's why I said in theory.  The results haven't been there but the capability is definitely there.  Kuz is better than 29% from 3.  Lonzo's been fine. Lakers are a middle of the pack 3pt shooting team.  Spacing isn't really an issue for them right now.    

Ingram barely takes any 3s and Kuzma is shooting at a very poor percentage, accompanied with Lonzo being a mediocre 3 pt shooter. Not sure how that's enough spacing.

I would love to see more of Hart. But, Mike Trudell mentioned him dealing with an ankle injury:

https://twitter.com/...818927722819589

I think Hart instead of Kuzma is the move to make when Hart recovers though.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#96 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,884 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2018 - 05:26 PM

I don't think the team has looked that impressive despite the wins. The only wins the Lakers have against good teams are against Denver, Portland twice, and Sacramento. Close wins against questionable teams also don't build that much confidence. I think the Lakers' flaws are glaring and problematic for their future for this season.

And, doesn't losing twice to the same team in a short amount of time make you question the team's ability to adjust? They've done that to the Spurs and now the Magic.

You get a W for beating your opponent by 1 or by 1000, no bonus for style points.  A lead in a regular season game is a resource that should be used to get players a rest, and often time is used for exactly that, that is why you don't see a ton of blow outs except when all parts of a team are clicking against an opponent who simultaneously happens to be performing badly in that game.  They beat the Trailblazers twice in a short period of time, once when they had the best record in the west, those wins count exactly as much as barely beating the Cavs or anyone else (slightly more because of same division, if you want to get into technicalities).  When you compete at things at the absolute highest level the margin between the great and mediocre is pretty thin, and the margin between good and mediocre is razor thin.  The Lakers are a good team, the Magic are a mediocre team.   It is not at all shocking that the Lakers lost to them twice, and it would not be at all shocking if they beat them twice.  While the Lakers are probably a better team with a definite higher ceiling than the Magic, their edge against them on any given game is minimal.  They played poorly for half the game against a team of professional athletes, and they lost.  If this was a playoff game after a loss with 2 days off, and they did it two games in a row, I would question their ability to adjust...….The team also got the day off of practice on Saturday by Walton for winning on Friday, so I wouldn't imagine they tried to make any adjustments at all other than whatever was in the scouting report at shootaround, which isn't going to be all that much and is pretty difficult to implement in an hour.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, the team has been playing well and piling up wins against good, bad, and mediocre teams, that is the only goal.

#97 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 5,516 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:16 AM

disappointing but on to the next one

#98 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 11:03 AM

Everyone downs the coach but the players have to be accountable they either play or don’t and some are clueless still but trade deadlines still a ways off!

#99 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 11:04 AM

Too many turnovers! 1st half 14 damn too many for a game gives them confidence vs us in the future!

#100 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,505 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 11:09 AM

Not disappointed but frustrated st players still
Making turnovers when common sense would tell you your capabilities!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 26, 2018 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users