Photo

Should the Lakers go for Beal OR Wall?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Lakers trade for Beal or Wall? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer Beal or Wall in a Lakers Uniform?

1. Bradley Beal (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. John Wall (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Please Manaro stop it and drink your juice! (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 07:20 AM

With Durant on the table you can’t make a move for Beal. Beal will be a tough sell to most teams due to his contract and will potentially be available next offseason

Beal and Middleton are not Durant. And sacrificing even the opportunity for Durant is a mistake. If you sign Durant outright you’re a different team overall immediately. The best team in basketball

And that’d be while keeping every single asset you have. Then you can use those guys to make a deal. Imagine using hart, Ingram and kuzma in a sign and trade with Milwaukee for Middleton while having lebron and Durant

If Milwaukee thinks they’ll lose him they’ll consider that package

Just an idea. But the point remains. You’re getting Durant for just money. And the rumors are there. Magic is confident in something. Maybe it’s durant. Can’t risk that for Beal. He’s good but he’ll never be durant
  • DanishLakerFan, LakerGeezer and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#42 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 08:22 AM

Durant is 30 meaning the entire duration of his contract well most of it anyways he’ll be younger than lebron is now

You don’t pass that up
Posted Image

#43 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 27, 2018 - 09:08 AM

With Durant on the table you can’t make a move for Beal. Beal will be a tough sell to most teams due to his contract and will potentially be available next offseason
Beal and Middleton are not Durant. And sacrificing even the opportunity for Durant is a mistake. If you sign Durant outright you’re a different team overall immediately. The best team in basketball
And that’d be while keeping every single asset you have. Then you can use those guys to make a deal. Imagine using hart, Ingram and kuzma in a sign and trade with Milwaukee for Middleton while having lebron and Durant
If Milwaukee thinks they’ll lose him they’ll consider that package
Just an idea. But the point remains. You’re getting Durant for just money. And the rumors are there. Magic is confident in something. Maybe it’s durant. Can’t risk that for Beal. He’s good but he’ll never be durant

Durant is on the table? Based on what?

Isn't the guy that wouldn't even give the Lakers a meeting?

Isnt the biggest argument for him leaving GS is so that he can win on his own? How does he accomplish that with Bron here?

He could stay in GS an continue to win.

Only way KD to LA makes any sense is if he simply is in love with the city which I think he has already proven that he isn't.

We can't offer anything that GS can't nor would this be his team if he comes here.

Logic would tell you that we are likely at the bottom of his list

Edited by KidRN, November 27, 2018 - 09:12 AM.

#44 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 09:20 AM

Isnt the biggest argument for him leaving GS is so that he can win on his own? How does he accomplish that with Bron here?

Only way KD to LA makes any sense is if he simply is in love with the city which I think he has already proven that he isn't.

We can't offer anything that GS can't nor would this be his team if he comes here.

That’s not what reports are saying
Posted Image

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2018 - 09:44 AM

A few things wrong with your responses and logic.  

1) There are too many conflicting reports on KD's future.  That means to me it's mostly speculation based on possible moves.  KD to LA is a thing cuz of Lebron, KD to NY is a thing b/c of a new chapter and KD resigning is still in play b/c well Steph is the best player he can play with outside of Lebron for the next 5 years. 

2) Nobody was signing with LA in 2016 that was great.  Lebron didn't give LA a meeting in 2014.  Didn't stop him from coming this year.  

3) FA speculation and the actual results have shown me over the last few years a lot of ESPN talking heads just case twitter and reddit for ideas and things that fans have thrown around based on very possible outcomes.  If big market team A has cap room, it's easy to make a report that said guy is in play there.  

4) The Lakers are still the premier sports franchise in basketball.  Whether you want to agree with that or not, the facts say otherwise.  KD teaming up with Lebron gives him everything he could possibly want.  I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise.  GOAT teammate, make each others game easier and KD might be the only guy that can be on the same team with Lebron and out produce him.  

5)  Logic tells me you have an extremely negative view on things.  How on earth would LA be at the bottom of his list?  Is the list 2 teams deep?  Cuz I can't imagine LA not atleast being considered come July 1st if he's actually thinking of leaving.  

My personal belief is that it comes down to GS, LAL or NY.  Why he chooses one of those is only something he can determine.  Fans focus way too much on free agency while players are actually focused on winning today.  KD isn't thinking about July 1st b/c there's a Finals to be focused on.  I wish the media moved away from all this talk and focused more on the ACTUAL SPORT.  

• LakerGeezer, MambaMentality and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 11:36 AM

That’s not what reports are saying

Reports about a player who is likely about to win another ring and probably not even thinking about free agency?

Okay I guess

#47 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,442 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 02:24 PM

It’s been said by Brian Windhorst, one of the few guys who has reputable sources around Bron, that he gauged KD’s interest in joining him this summer. Lakers cleared a max. Magic talking like he knows something. Let’s not over analyze the situation this prematurely, though.

I don’t think Durant knows where he is playing next season, so nobody here does either...but I do think the Lakers are in play, and no I don’t care that he didn’t give them a meeting 3 years ago, whatever relevance that has.
  • Jody Smokes, MambaMentality and LACAS like this

#48 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 27, 2018 - 02:46 PM

LeBron coming here wasn't particularly logical so whatever.

We're likely last on his list. A list that doesn't exist cuz he's not thinking about free agency yet lol. Come on.

Edited by lakerfan98, November 27, 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#49 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2018 - 03:34 PM

I don't see it, but when you have the best player in the game on your team and max money, its definitely possible.  I would be absolutely shocked if the Lakers don't find a top tier free agent to pair with LeBron in the offseason, whether that is Durant or one of the other guys, remains to be seen.  

#50 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 4,170 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 27, 2018 - 09:20 PM

Welcome to the boards!

I don’t think anyone would disagree that Beal would be perfect next to Lebron. But as many have said, it might not put us over the top in terms of beating the Warriors and it ruins our ability to sign a max level FA in 2019 AND the assets we give up to acquire Beal would prevent us from trading for AD. Also, by being out of the KD sweepstakes we increase the odds of the Warriors staying together.

All in all, it doesn’t make us a contender and it probably prevents us from becoming a contender.

That said, if the Lakers had another deal in place and were able to buy low on Beal and retain some of their assets, then perhaps it would be something to at least consider.

I mean, if the Wizards would do KCP, Hart, Kuz, ’19 1st for Beal and we then were able to turn Ingram into either Kemba, Middleton or similar while keeping Lonzo, then I think we’d be in business.

How i wish it could just be this easy lol

#51 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 09:40 PM

How i wish it could just be this easy lol

I know.

I do think that KCP, Kuz, Hart and a 1st would be interesting to the Wizards.

Maybe BI doesn't get us Kemba or Middleton, but perhaps Robert Covington and something.

Lonzo - Beal - Lebron - RoCo - McGee.

#52 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 03:02 AM

GS is by far the favorite...that's 3 in a row. Unless something goes seriously wrong like Curry suffering a career ending injury or losing Klay and Green this offseason, I don't think there is even a 5% chance Durant leaves a dynasty in order to attempt to create another dynasty with an older player that is viewed as being better than he is.

He'd have a chance at 4 in a row! Kobe and Shaq couldn't do that, Jordan didn't do that, Bron hasn't done that! There is nothing he would gain from coming here from a legacy standpoint.

The only move that makes some sense would be to go to a team with less star power in order to "win it himself" which imo is still idiotic if you just won 3 in a row.

For KD to even seriously consider coming here, they'd have to lose this post season, which I don't see happening if they are 100% healthy.

I could be wrong but signing KD is a a longshot at best. We should focus on beating GS, not taking their players.

Edited by KidRN, November 28, 2018 - 03:03 AM.

#53 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 03:16 AM

Who the hell knows what going on in KDs head. He could win 4 in a row with GS – or he could win 3 in a row with GS, then another 3 in a row with Lebron and AD in LA.

All i know is that

it will always hang over his head that he left OKC to join a 73-win team,

that he never will get the credit he deserves in GS,

he’s always going to be the 4th most popular player behind Steph, Klay and Dray,

the relationship with Dray is shaky to say the least and

GS likely cant afford to hold on to all three anyway.

Also,

NY has one of the worst owners in sports and the chance that he wins there are very small,

Clips are the fancy new toy, but its not going to be easy for them to acquire two max players

Put all this together and there’s clearly a blueprint for KD joining the Lakers.

#54 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 07:09 AM

Who the hell knows what going on in KDs head. He could win 4 in a row with GS – or he could win 3 in a row with GS, then another 3 in a row with Lebron and AD in LA.

All i know is that
it will always hang over his head that he left OKC to join a 73-win team,
that he never will get the credit he deserves in GS,
he’s always going to be the 4th most popular player behind Steph, Klay and Dray,
the relationship with Dray is shaky to say the least and
GS likely cant afford to hold on to all three anyway.
Also,
NY has one of the worst owners in sports and the chance that he wins there are very small,
Clips are the fancy new toy, but its not going to be easy for them to acquire two max players

Put all this together and there’s clearly a blueprint for KD joining the Lakers.

If you weren't a laker fan, you'd see how ridiculous that sounds.

I think my perspective is different because I closely follow two different teams. So I see how two different fan bases talk about their team. This forum is bizarre.

#55 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 07:21 AM

I think my perspective is different because I closely follow two different teams. So I see how two different fan bases talk about their team. This forum is bizarre.

Are you being serious?

Which of those things are wrong?

#56 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 07:40 AM

This is a team fan forum so of course views will be slanted.  I've been fighting that battle since I got here but you on the other hand have a negative outlook on the Lakers and always have.  I still remember the first debate we have about trading Julius Randle for Eric Bledsoe.  Imagine had LA had done that and paid Bledsoe lol.  You'd be on here talking about how stupid they were.  

If you're a Suns fan that's fine but they have their idiots too.  I post on RealGM and there are plenty of idiots in that fan base as well.  LA fans just happened to be more entitled.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#57 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,031 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 28, 2018 - 12:01 PM

"Jalen Rose explains that a tough Western Conference will make it difficult for the Lakers to develop their young talent around LeBron James"

A lot of us on here knew this and I think the FO knows that this experiment will not work and this will be a waste of LeBron's first year.

#58 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 01:37 PM

How is it a waste?  What move was available that would've prevented them from being 11-9?  Because the Clippers are 13-7...there's a lot going on this year that doesn't make sense yet.  Guys really need to stop acting like the team is trash 

"Jalen Rose explains that a tough Western Conference will make it difficult for the Lakers to develop their young talent around LeBron James"

A lot of us on here knew this and I think the FO knows that this experiment will not work and this will be a waste of LeBron's first year.

#59 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,442 posts

Posted November 28, 2018 - 03:01 PM

I don’t see this as a waste of anything. I’m going to step away from getting technical for a sec and just say that I don’t believe there is any way in hell LeBron comes here without the expectation and without knowing he can compete for championships. Whether he has something planned or whether he trusts Magic to that extent, I don’t know, but we’ll find out this summer. They’re smarter than us and have more information than us. I’ll trust them on this one.
  • Jackson and MambaMentality like this

#60 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,031 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 28, 2018 - 03:22 PM

I don’t see this as a waste of anything. I’m going to step away from getting technical for a sec and just say that I don’t believe there is any way in hell LeBron comes here without the expectation and without knowing he can compete for championships. Whether he has something planned or whether he trusts Magic to that extent, I don’t know, but we’ll find out this summer. They’re smarter than us and have more information than us. I’ll trust them on this one.

It could be that LeBron didn't solely come here for basketball reasons. It's possible he's in LA to push and expand his brand. It could be why we're seeing in an increase of documentaries and TV shows about him and his group of friends.

Edited by Jackson, November 28, 2018 - 03:22 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users