Photo

Should the Lakers go for Beal OR Wall?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Lakers trade for Beal or Wall? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer Beal or Wall in a Lakers Uniform?

1. Bradley Beal (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. John Wall (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Please Manaro stop it and drink your juice! (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2018 - 02:18 AM

I hear Dwight’s on the market too. Definitely not the rim protector he used to be, but maybe being in LA again will light a fire under his bottom.

If they go for Dwight i hope it's to light an actual fire under his bottom.

• KareemTheGreat33 likes this

#22 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2018 - 07:20 AM

If they go for Dwight i hope it's to light an actual fire under his bottom.

No. Dwight is on par with Melo now. Only value is his name. Hard pass.
  • DaSmoothOperator and LACAS like this

#23 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,140 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 25, 2018 - 07:21 AM

Dwight is going to be a cancer
Magee and chandler playing good
  • LACAS likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#24 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 25, 2018 - 09:27 AM

I hear Dwight’s on the market too. Definitely not the rim protector he used to be, but maybe being in LA again will light a fire under his bottom.

He’s pretty bad at protecting his own rim these days 😹
  • KareemTheGreat33 and lakerfan98 like this

#25 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 25, 2018 - 10:49 AM

No. Dwight is on par with Melo now. Only value is his name. Hard pass.

That was my point.

#26 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,648 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 25, 2018 - 03:28 PM

Wall no, pelase, that contract is terrible. Beal, maybe, but lets wait.

#27 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2018 - 05:38 PM

Beal is way more than a solid player, he would be the clear 2nd option on the current Lakers squad.  However, his contract is friendly enough that the Wizards would want at least 2 of the young guys, most likely Zo and BI, which would be giving up 2 of the guys that the Lakers currently have that are capable of being a ball handler and would force up the usage rate of LeBron, who is currently not playing nearly as much as he had to in previous seasons and will be a boon in the postseason (this is extremely important).  If the opportunity to sell Kuzma and Hart while their value is high presented itself, I would pull the trigger.  However, I think you would be better off getting someone like Ariza or Korver on the cheap and staying fluid for the upcoming off season.

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:20 AM

I'd trade Kuzma and Hart and a 1st for Beal this offseason if they don't sign a max guy but that's something that has to wait for the offseason.  I think Beal is good but at some point you have to question how effect HE is as well.  The team is 6-12?  Can't put all that on Wall.  

Beal is way more than a solid player, he would be the clear 2nd option on the current Lakers squad.  However, his contract is friendly enough that the Wizards would want at least 2 of the young guys, most likely Zo and BI, which would be giving up 2 of the guys that the Lakers currently have that are capable of being a ball handler and would force up the usage rate of LeBron, who is currently not playing nearly as much as he had to in previous seasons and will be a boon in the postseason (this is extremely important).  If the opportunity to sell Kuzma and Hart while their value is high presented itself, I would pull the trigger.  However, I think you would be better off getting someone like Ariza or Korver on the cheap and staying fluid for the upcoming off season.

• ChichoGarcy likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#29 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,816 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 26, 2018 - 10:35 AM

we have a loooooong way to go for the off seasons. lets ride this season out. 

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

#30 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,215 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 26, 2018 - 11:11 AM

Hell No to Wall maybe on Beal
  • ChichoGarcy likes this

#31 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,215 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 26, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Hell Hell No to D12!!! We have two great centers now and he’s not the guy like Melos not!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 26, 2018 - 11:13 AM.

#32 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,907 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 26, 2018 - 03:48 PM

I'd trade Kuzma and Hart and a 1st for Beal this offseason if they don't sign a max guy but that's something that has to wait for the offseason.  I think Beal is good but at some point you have to question how effect HE is as well.  The team is 6-12?  Can't put all that on Wall.  

You're seeing alot more value there than I am.  SGs putting up 19/3/4 on 45% shooting while making $22m dont get me too excited.  I just dont see the need for Beal right now.  If we're looking purely to add a consistent 2nd scoring option, there are cheaper, reliable shooters out there.

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 03:52 PM

You're seeing alot more value there than I am. SGs putting up 19/3/4 on 45% shooting while making $22m dont get me too excited. I just dont see the need for Beal right now. If we're looking purely to add a consistent 2nd scoring option, there are cheaper, reliable shooters out there.

We don’t need him, and it’d be a mistake to take on the contract right now considering we have bigger aspirations but he’s a much better player than those stats entail

He’s a legitimate shooter and 2 way player who can put up 20-30 relatively efficient points and in varied ways at a young age of 25 with room to grow

He also plays with a train wreck of a point guard who’s as bad of a ball dominant PG as any. Worse than Westbrook because at least Westbrook has justifiable production
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#34 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 26, 2018 - 04:12 PM

We don’t need him, and it’d be a mistake to take on the contract right now considering we have bigger aspirations but he’s a much better player than those stats entail

He’s a legitimate shooter and 2 way player who can put up 20-30 relatively efficient points and in varied ways at a young age of 25 with room to grow

He also plays with a train wreck of a point guard who’s as bad of a ball dominant PG as any. Worse than Westbrook because at least Westbrook has justifiable production

100%.

Edited by LACAS, November 26, 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#35 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 965 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 26, 2018 - 04:34 PM

This is probably one of my favorite posts on this forum. Makes me crack up every time I read it. Is there a way to save posts? Amazing.

#36 Martin Boyd

Martin Boyd

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Name:Martin Boyd
  • Fan Since:1977
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:40 PM

Beal is way more than a solid player, he would be the clear 2nd option on the current Lakers squad. However, his contract is friendly enough that the Wizards would want at least 2 of the young guys, most likely Zo and BI, which would be giving up 2 of the guys that the Lakers currently have that are capable of being a ball handler and would force up the usage rate of LeBron, who is currently not playing nearly as much as he had to in previous seasons and will be a boon in the postseason (this is extremely important). If the opportunity to sell Kuzma and Hart while their value is high presented itself, I would pull the trigger. However, I think you would be better off getting someone like Ariza or Korver on the cheap and staying fluid for the upcoming off season.

#37 Martin Boyd

Martin Boyd

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:41 PM

Beal is exactly what we need. Knock down three point shooter and a great second option for LeBron. Lots left in his tank at only 25 years old.

#38 Martin Boyd

Martin Boyd

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:50 PM

#39 Martin Boyd

Martin Boyd

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:51 PM

Wall would definitely be a cancer.

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 05:37 AM

Beal is exactly what we need. Knock down three point shooter and a great second option for LeBron. Lots left in his tank at only 25 years old.

Welcome to the boards!

I don’t think anyone would disagree that Beal would be perfect next to Lebron. But as many have said, it might not put us over the top in terms of beating the Warriors and it ruins our ability to sign a max level FA in 2019 AND the assets we give up to acquire Beal would prevent us from trading for AD. Also, by being out of the KD sweepstakes we increase the odds of the Warriors staying together.

All in all, it doesn’t make us a contender and it probably prevents us from becoming a contender.

That said, if the Lakers had another deal in place and were able to buy low on Beal and retain some of their assets, then perhaps it would be something to at least consider.

I mean, if the Wizards would do KCP, Hart, Kuz, ’19 1st for Beal and we then were able to turn Ingram into either Kemba, Middleton or similar while keeping Lonzo, then I think we’d be in business.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users