Photo

Should the Lakers chase Anthony for minimum?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 09, 2018 - 12:15 PM

Melo wouldn't be allowed to sniff important minutes on this team, especially when Rondo and Ingram get back.  The garbage time should be used to get minutes for Svi and Wagner to see if they can play, so I just don't see a situation where it would work out.

I don't think that's fair.  Fans wouldn't want Melo to play over Hart, Kuzma, Ingram or Ball but I know noone who would get too upset about Melo sharing minutes with Lance, KCP and Beasley.

If people are upset with Melo playing over Mo, Bonga and Svi, that's just pure hate.

Let me be clear:  I'm OPPOSED to signing Melo.  If we did sign him, though, it wouldn't bother me, especially if LeBron wanted to sign him.  Loyalty isn't a bad trait and signing Melo would be enough.  I seriously doubt LeBron would campaign for Melo starting.

#62 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2018 - 12:43 PM

I don't think that's fair. Fans wouldn't want Melo to play over Hart, Kuzma, Ingram or Ball but I know noone who would get too upset about Melo sharing minutes with Lance, KCP and Beasley.

If people are upset with Melo playing over Mo, Bonga and Svi, that's just pure hate.

Let me be clear: I'm OPPOSED to signing Melo. If we did sign him, though, it wouldn't bother me, especially if LeBron wanted to sign him. Loyalty isn't a bad trait and signing Melo would be enough. I seriously doubt LeBron would campaign for Melo starting.

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. I don’t think he brings ANY value and wouldn’t play a single meaningful minute, simply because the Lakers have better options when healthy. So if we are talking about a garbage time player, I’d rather give the time to someone developing who could actually contribute (svi allegedly can shoot and actually did last night) than give them to melo.
  • GCMD likes this

#63 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 09, 2018 - 12:49 PM

Melo and Wade are washed. Wade is done after this season with the Heat. Idk maybe Melo should go back to Denver lol. Millsap just broke his toe.

#64 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts

Posted December 09, 2018 - 03:46 PM

Fair enough. Let me rephrase. I don’t think he brings ANY value and wouldn’t play a single meaningful minute, simply because the Lakers have better options when healthy. So if we are talking about a garbage time player, I’d rather give the time to someone developing who could actually contribute (svi allegedly can shoot and actually did last night) than give them to melo.

LOL...so true.  I can see certain matchups that would benefit our team having a guy like Melo come off the bench but Melo doesn't want to come off the bench and can be a tad bit high maintenance...otherwise, Melo's game could have aged better and some team would definitely take a chance on him.  

I don't want Melo but if we sign him, I don't think it hurts us...sideshow at best (and worst).

#65 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 38 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 09, 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hawks Melo was the best iteration...  ;) 

• GCMD likes this

#66 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts

Posted December 09, 2018 - 03:55 PM

Hawks Melo was the best iteration...  ;)

LOL!!!  Cold Blooded!

• BigBaller likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users