Is Lonzo literally ducking Fox... its getting ridiculous now

#2 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• 38 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 10, 2018 - 09:39 PM

Good question.  Lonzo airballed a 2 foot shot while Fox shadowed him (2nd quarter).  Was he hearing Fox's footsteps?  Fox definitely got the better of him tonight, if we're comparing stats.  Fox was on fire there for awhile.  

Lonzo shooting only 54% from the free throw line this year.  Even Deandre Jordan is up to 84%.  We didn't hear anything about him practicing free throws over the summer.  We heard about his rap clips, his shoes, etc.... but his game is lagging.   There is no guard or point guard in the league who shoots worse FT% than Lonzo.  He's never going to be elite shooting the ball like this.

Fox is looking like the better player to me, and I think he will get a better contract.

#3 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 11, 2018 - 12:41 AM

Fox is and always was the better scorer.

Lonzo is the better passer, rebounder, defender and (in college) shooter.

They aren't the same type of players.  It's like comparing a true PG and a combo guard - no comparison.  Most of the time, your assessment is based on your preference.  If you like scorers, you like the combo guard.  If you like passers, you like the true PG.

I grew up a HUGE Magic Johnson fan.  I played PG and I consider myself a PG connoisseur.  Most guys playing PG in today's basketball would barely be in the NBA 20 years ago because they are essentially undersized SGs.  Very little team element to their game.  Team work and fundamentals have taken a back seat to raw athleticism and scoring instinct.

I hate that brand of basketball because it's not basketball.  Team above "I"...that's the essence of the sport.

That's also why GSW is nearly invincible...Magic wants this team to move into that direction and I'd love to see that.  Not sure Luke is the right coach to get it done.

And no, Lonzo wasn't ducking Fox, IMHO.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#4 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,409 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 01:28 AM

Fox has been outplaying him in their second seasons.

fXlFKv8.gif

#5 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 11, 2018 - 04:21 AM

Fox is and always was the better scorer.

Lonzo is the better passer, rebounder, defender and (in college) shooter.

They aren't the same type of players.  It's like comparing a true PG and a combo guard - no comparison.  Most of the time, your assessment is based on your preference.  If you like scorers, you like the combo guard.  If you like passers, you like the true PG.

I grew up a HUGE Magic Johnson fan.  I played PG and I consider myself a PG connoisseur.  Most guys playing PG in today's basketball would barely be in the NBA 20 years ago because they are essentially undersized SGs.  Very little team element to their game.  Team work and fundamentals have taken a back seat to raw athleticism and scoring instinct.

I hate that brand of basketball because it's not basketball.  Team above "I"...that's the essence of the sport.

That's also why GSW is nearly invincible...Magic wants this team to move into that direction and I'd love to see that.  Not sure Luke is the right coach to get it done.

And no, Lonzo wasn't ducking Fox, IMHO.

Dude Fox is better right now.

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2018 - 07:53 AM

LOL.

#7 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 11, 2018 - 09:14 AM

Anyone who thinks Lonzo is better than Fox is smoking crack. I have finally come to accept that Fox is just better.

But I will say the narrative that Fox is always scoring on Lonzo or that Lonzo is “ducking” him is stupid. Are you guys going to say Fox is better than CP3, Lillard, Westbrick, Irving etc etc etc

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 10:46 AM

Anyone who thinks Lonzo is better than Fox is smoking crack. I have finally come to accept that Fox is just better.

But I will say the narrative that Fox is always scoring on Lonzo or that Lonzo is “ducking” him is stupid. Are you guys going to say Fox is better than CP3, Lillard, Westbrick, Irving etc etc etc

Give me a [expletive]ing break.

Lonzo was by far the superior player last season, is one of the best defenders at his position (unlike Fox who is among the worst), the advanced stats heavily favor Lonzo, but because Lonzo haven't found his role yet this season (10 games in like half the roster), you're already jumping ship?

Fox is the kind of player that impress the casual half-wit fans. He's fast and flashy on offense. That's it. [expletive] him.

• LACAS likes this

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 10:51 AM

I personally liked fox more around draft time but I’m behind lonzo, I hope he turns it around

If both players actually reached their absolute full potential I’d rather have lonzo but if we are comparing who’s actually showing he may be doing that right now it’s fox

Lonzo seems pretty far from his max whereas fox seems to be on an upward trend
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 10:54 AM

Lonzo was by far the superior player last season, is one of the best defenders at his position (unlike Fox who is among the worst), the advanced stats heavily favor Lonzo, but because Lonzo haven't found his role yet this season (10 games in like half the roster), you're already jumping ship?

Fox is the kind of player that impress the casual half-wit fans. He's fast and flashy on offense. That's it. [expletive] him.

There is a middle ground between lonzo sucks and being in total denial of his poor play

Idc personally what advanced stats say on any player when I watch the games. Lonzo is standing around too often, he’s pulling himself outta plays constantly

Is he a bust, does he suck? Not imo but when you watch the games he’s definitely not living up to his potential
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 11:07 AM

There is a middle ground between lonzo sucks and being in total denial of his poor play

Idc personally what advanced stats say on any player when I watch the games. Lonzo is standing around too often, he’s pulling himself outta plays constantly

Is he a bust, does he suck? Not imo but when you watch the games he’s definitely not living up to his potential

Yeah, sure. There's just too many people who seem to enjoy trolling and are overly sceptic.

I see a lot of talent with Lonzo and many of our young guys and i have no problem seeing them stuggle a bit as long as they follow a normal developmental curve, which they are. I just see to many fans - or trolls or whatever they are - on this forum that are too impatient and are willing to have a firesale for the wrong reasons.

• PurpleNgoldBanners and LACAS like this

#12 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 01:10 PM

Thats your problem. ADVANCED STATS. SMH.... Lets stop acting like he didnt play last season, you guys are hilarious....

#13 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, sure. There's just too many people who seem to enjoy trolling and are overly sceptic.

I see a lot of talent with Lonzo and many of our young guys and i have no problem seeing them stuggle a bit as long as they follow a normal developmental curve, which they are. I just see to many fans - or trolls or whatever they are - on this forum that are too impatient and are willing to have a firesale for the wrong reasons.

Tells us the “developmental curve” Lonzo Ball is following..... go ahead Ill wait. Nothing has changed is this guys game. FT shooting is trash, cant finish around the basket, 3 point shooting is stil atrocious... so what is this curve?

#14 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,409 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 05:49 PM

Ball is on the "wait and see" track like D'Angelo, Randle, Ingram was. Unless he shows serious consistency, people's opinion won't change.

The only things I like about Lonzo in current team is his low turnover rate and defense. I could find that from a 3&D wing that also brings shooting. That is why he needs to step his game up, way up.

fXlFKv8.gif

#15 Toe Sucker

Toe Sucker

I suck my own toes.

• 11,859 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 05:50 PM

Ball is nothing special.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 08:32 PM

Thats your problem. ADVANCED STATS. SMH....

Byron, is that you?

Tells us the “developmental curve” Lonzo Ball is following..... go ahead Ill wait.

https://projects.fiv...elo/lonzo-ball/

#17 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 09:27 PM

Still waiting...

#18 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2018 - 09:39 PM

Ball is nothing special.

I wouldn't go that far. I think Lonzo clearly has some areas of his game which are exceptional to the point that you wait for the more subpar areas to develop with time. 

It is amazing what he's able to do with his court vision, but equally amazing is how incompetent he is at finishing a layup, hitting a wide open shot or shooting a freethrow. 

• PurpleNgoldBanners likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#19 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,206 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted November 11, 2018 - 11:44 PM

Tells us the “developmental curve” Lonzo Ball is following..... go ahead Ill wait. Nothing has changed is this guys game. FT shooting is trash, cant finish around the basket, 3 point shooting is stil atrocious... so what is this curve?

He's been shooting the 3 much better this season. Plenty to criticize without hyperbole.

#20 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,648 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2018 - 09:29 PM

I've always liked Zo and I still have faith in him. I didn't like Fox, I've never liked those PGs, the scoring type. But come on, lets be honest here, Fox is having a breakout season, averaging 7 assists per game, shooting 3s way better than last season and even looking stronger. Zo is playing worse, those black holes he used to have during games are back and his confidence sometimes is just not there... again. I still think he can become a very good PG, I love his type, the team player PG (like Jason Kidd). But vs Fox, in terms of talent and impact, is not even close anymore. I hate this, but it's the truth 🤷‍♂️
  • Japago and PurpleNgoldBanners like this

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users