#1 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 10, 2018 - 07:47 AM

At what point is it time to move on from the kids? 

At what point do we sell?

Do we have any keepers?

How much longer before we see what we have been hoping to see?

Are we guilty of hyping up our kids?

At what point do we cut the cord?

#2 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,409 posts

Posted November 10, 2018 - 07:57 AM

Ingram as a full-time SG will not work. The most of the goodies he brought last season has to be kept in limit because of Lebron. Luke also couldn't find an answer to age-old question of Ingram vs. Kuzma. 

At some point this season we are gonna realize Ingram is not worth $20m+ per year but just like Randle we may opt out of offering him a deal just to see how he improves. Then, it becomes already too late to move on from him. I think if we can struck a deal for Ingram between now and ASW, it is gonna prove helpful for the look of this team.

I don't want us to move on from Ingram but with Lebron, Luke and all other things, there just may be no other way.

• Busty Bluth likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#3 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2018 - 08:36 AM

Y'all really be bored as hell

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 10, 2018 - 08:44 AM

Y'all really be bored as hell

Kind of... 

BTW thanks for the well written, thorough highly educated feedback.

Edited by LACAS, November 10, 2018 - 08:45 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#5 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,607 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 10, 2018 - 10:05 AM

Sell the kids for food

Bye for now
  • lakerfan98 and LACAS like this

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 10, 2018 - 11:15 AM

I mean you don’t move on unless given reason to move on. Will that reason come? Maybe

At this point I have no clue who will become available 3 months from now

Part of me is hoping for a Portland collapse. I wouldn’t mind sending Ingram, ball, picks and expirings for lillard
Posted Image

#7 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,223 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 10, 2018 - 11:15 AM

As of right now, I'm in on Kuzma and Hart and halfway there with Ball.  As for Ingram and Zubac, I'd call around to see what's out there for 'em.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,964 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 10, 2018 - 11:33 AM

Ranking our youth at the moment...

Fit

Kuzma > Hart > Ball > Ingram

Abilities / Aptitude

Ingram > Ball > Kuzma > Hart

Potential

Ingram > Ball > Kuzma > Hart

Bottom line is the way in which some of our guys have been utilized, it hasn't lead to success.  I'm not going to blame Luke, but it seems as though his inability to find key roles for Ingram and Zo within this offense next to Lebron has been a big issue.  Ingram is primarily used as a slasher or iso post player while Ball is just a floater it seems.  One thing for certain though is Ingram and Ball are likely the two best perimeter defenders on the team.

It may be a lack of ability on the players behalf and/or they simply haven't grown used to playing alongside a player such a Lebron.  That or the offensive schemes just aren't the right ones for our current personnel.

Ingram and Ball undoubtedly have the greatest upside of any of our young guys.  Let's just hope we either find a way to better include them within the offensive schemes or move on from them sooner rather than later while they're values are still relatively high.  With that being said, I'd be much more open to finding a new Coach and scheme rather than giving up on young talent first.

SIDE NOTE:

Lebron should be part of the blame as well.  There's no doubt he's the King and is obviously our best player.  However, watching games, you can tell that the focus and energy level just isn't there right now.  I'm not one to question a players hunger or desire, but there's minimal effort placed by him on the defensive end and on offense, in crunch time, he LOVES SETTLING for long range jumpers.  He's gotta turn it on soon before it's too late.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, November 10, 2018 - 11:36 AM.

#9 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2018 - 11:40 AM

please close this thread

trash

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#10 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 10, 2018 - 12:01 PM

You keep 4 players Hart, Kuzma, SVI and Wagner
  • Busty Bluth and LACAS like this

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 10, 2018 - 02:12 PM

With Jimmy off the board there arent any players left that is worth chasing, so the short answer is: not now.

Moving pieces for a guy like Beal without another star or ability to chase another star is like pissing yourself to keep warm.

I ser all-star potential with Zo and BI and high-end role player potential with Kuz and Hart. A lot of people are down on them, but i dont give a [expletive].
  • LACAS likes this

#12 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,442 posts

Posted November 10, 2018 - 04:00 PM

Part of me is hoping for a Portland collapse. I wouldn’t mind sending Ingram, ball, picks and expirings for lillard

Woah.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#13 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,442 posts

Posted November 10, 2018 - 04:04 PM

There is no answer to this question yet. Nobody is super available now, but a disgruntled star becomes available every season. Like clockwork. The landscape of this league is always changing.

One thing I do know is that Magic and Rob will make the best decision. I doubted their evaluation of the youth off the rip, but they’ve proven that they know what they’re doing and what they’re trying to build here.

Edited by Massacre, November 10, 2018 - 04:07 PM.

#14 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 10, 2018 - 06:41 PM

Woah.

I’ve started to respect his game more. And tbh his contract which I’ve hated has become such the norm that I feel like he’s closer to worth the price than most

Like klay, Beal, george these guys are all making money in that range and idk those guys are actually worth that price

It’s a strange time for contracts in the nba
Posted Image

#15 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 10, 2018 - 10:08 PM

Wait what? Dame is great offensively, but his teams never win due to his defense

#16 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 10, 2018 - 10:31 PM

Wait what? Dame is great offensively, but his teams never win due to his defense

I hate when one aspect of one players game is viewed as the determining factor of how good his team can be. That team has never had a roster that could truly compete. Lillard could be all 1st team D and it wouldn't make a huge difference.

#17 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted November 10, 2018 - 10:58 PM

Think you both have a point.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#18 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 11, 2018 - 12:02 AM

As of right now, I'm in on Kuzma and Hart and halfway there with Ball.  As for Ingram and Zubac, I'd call around to see what's out there for 'em.

I agree.  Those 3 would do well once we have a legit #2 option.  NONE of our kids are the #2 we need.  That has a HUGE effect on how they are currently perceived, especially Lonzo.  He's never gonna be a scoring PG like Kyrie, Steph, or Westbrook.

#19 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 10:56 AM

I hate when one aspect of one players game is viewed as the determining factor of how good his team can be. That team has never had a roster that could truly compete. Lillard could be all 1st team D and it wouldn't make a huge difference.

If you look at nba history there is a clear correlation between starts that doesn't defend and starts that doesn't win titles.

Of course it would help if he was able to defend. That's been their damn weakness every single year and teams exploit it. He's not just bad, he's horrible.

And he's had plenty of help too. Lamarcus Aldridge, CJ McCollum as the #2 option, high end roleplayers as well in Wes Matthews, Batum etc.

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted November 11, 2018 - 11:04 AM

How many teams outside of the 2004 Detroit Pistons have won championships with guys who only play defense and have poor offense?

Because right now we have maybe 2 guys who I can say are legitimate and consistent offensive players

Lebron and kuzma

If ball and Ingram (who do both play pretty good defense) don’t figure out how to play offense are they going to be worth extending their contracts. I’m in the camp of seeing them play and judging as the season goes but you can’t be in denial that right now they essentially are doing the same thing

Both guys are playing defense, both guys are solid playmakers who really aren’t playmaking right now, and both guys are playing awful on the scoring end

It’s wait and see but dude, they aren’t living up to their draft position right now, that’s not even a question
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users