297 replies to this topic

#281 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:10 PM

Nice W but I'm pretty over Luke at this point. Our roster has flaws but I honestly think he's holding us back. His cons are outweighing his pros imo. Defense isn't getting any better and I don't even need to go into the offense because those issues have been discussed forever. And that's kinda the point. We've been talking about Luke's shortcomings as a coach for a while now and he's simply not getting any better.

what would u do ?

#282 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:10 PM

Next game used to be a joke, now Sacramento is actually playing basketball. Can't wait

Sacramento is the 2nd best 3pt shooting team in the league. If the Lakers play defense like they did in the first half, they won't win that game.

#283 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:11 PM

Ok, for real... Where's Lonzo?

he left at the 9 min mark in the 3rd and never returned.. 

#284 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:12 PM

Great game by Ingram and the Lakers' defense played a lot better in the 2nd half. If Ingram can play consistently well and the Lakers start playing defense, they can be good.

I would've liked to see Lonzo at the end instead of Rondo. In a game where neither is doing very much, Lonzo's defense should win out. And, the Lakers nearly blew that game because of Derrick Rose.

The Lakers' rebounding needs to get a lot better. It's not just the bigs. The Lakers wings and guards aren't blocking out and hustling to ball effectively.

Derrick Rose went for 30 and almost beat the Lakers. If only LA had a good defensive PG who’s maybe taller than Rose, but just as quick, and loves to the pass the ball on offense...................

• LakerGeezer likes this

#285 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,575 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:14 PM

I asked Luke if he considered going to Lonzo for defensive reasons down the stretch with Derrick Rose as hot as he was, and he said they considered both him & Hart for Rondo & Chandler, but liked how Chandler rebounded and how Rondo was “being a point guard” out there.

I really just don't know man. Luke continues to make me really doubt him when he says stuff like this. Rondo was ball stopping the whole time. There was no real PG play out there. Lonzo moving the ball is much more effective. 

• Persian Gulf, Japago, lildvl10 and 2 others like this

#286 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 4,122 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:15 PM

A win is a win 👍 Still, no play to close the game, just LeBron iso and very long 3s? I just don't get it. Do we have a coaching staff? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think that is more on lbj than the coaching staff but yeah i know what you mean im a starting to really hate the coaching staff. I think this is the first win that i am not happy tbh, thats how ugly i saw this game and how weak we are so far

Edited by lildvl10, November 07, 2018 - 10:15 PM.

• ChichoGarcy likes this

#287 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:18 PM

I asked Luke if he considered going to Lonzo for defensive reasons down the stretch with Derrick Rose as hot as he was, and he said they considered both him & Hart for Rondo & Chandler, but liked how Chandler rebounded and how Rondo was “being a point guard” out there.

I really just don't know man. Luke continues to make me really doubt him when he says stuff like this. Rondo was ball stopping the whole time. There was no real PG play out there. Lonzo moving the ball is much more effective. 

and bron was controlling the point at the end. lonzo was playing decent defense on rose. 

rondo had 10 assist tho in 28 min to lonzo 6 assist in 21 mins.. whats the point? if lonzo played the same as rondo, he would of gotten 10 as well.

luke needs to find the balance between rondo and ball. 

#288 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,575 posts

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:18 PM

I think that is more on lbj than the coaching staff but yeah i know what you mean im a starting to really hate the coaching staff. I think this is the first win that i am not happy tbh, thats how ugly i saw this game and how weak we are so far

Yes. Im upset with Luke mainly with rotations and having no proper sets/plays. Those Lebron isos though re not something we did last season with anyone so im putting that on lebron. He needs to attack sooner in the clock or at least get some motion going. 

• ChichoGarcy likes this

#289 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,575 posts

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:20 PM

and bron was controlling the point at the end. lonzo was playing decent defense on rose. 

rondo had 10 assist tho in 28 min to lonzo 6 assist in 21 mins.. whats the point? if lonzo played the same as rondo, he would of gotten 10 as well.

luke needs to find the balance between rondo and ball. 

The balance should be lonzo plays 30 mins and rondo plays 20 unless rondo is going off like he did in portland. But he didn't do that here. The lonzo effect is 100% real and it starts with his defense. Rondo just doesn't have that same ability to get the mo going unless he is scoring. 

#290 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 1,065 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:29 PM

So i was only able to catch the 1st quarter and 4th quarter cause for some reason i get no reception
I got couple of questions though
“ how big was Tyson for us “
“ why didn’t ZO finish the game “

#291 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,365 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:31 PM

Chandler was huge
Lonzo didn't close because apparently he's not a PG 🤷🏻‍♂️ (ask Luke)

#292 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:33 PM

I wonder if the Lakers are well-prepared for the new offensive rebound rule and how the shot clock only resets to 14 seconds instead of the full 24 seconds? For team that already has issues on half-court offense, that might be something to look out for.

#293 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,575 posts

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:33 PM

So i was only able to catch the 1st quarter and 4th quarter cause for some reason i get no reception
I got couple of questions though
“ how big was Tyson for us “
“ why didn’t ZO finish the game “

Tyson is a massive upgrade on Zu. He' nothing special like Javale but hes stronger and very smart. He's gonna work out real well. 

• b.diddy2417 and ChichoGarcy like this

#294 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,066 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2018 - 10:39 PM

Sacrificed D for Bron.

Waz it worth it?

This team would likely have 1 win with their schedule without LeBron, so I would say yes, he is worth it.

#295 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 1,065 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2018 - 11:17 PM

Tyson is a massive upgrade on Zu. He' nothing special like Javale but hes stronger and very smart. He's gonna work out real well.

🔥🔥🔥 thanks man

#296 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,405 posts

Posted November 08, 2018 - 01:30 AM

PG (48) : Lonzo (21) + Rondo (27)

SG (48) : Ingram (35) + KCP (13)

SF (48) : LeBron (24) + Hart (21) + Lance (3)

PF (48) : Kuzma (33) + LeBron (15)

C (48) : McGee (25) + Chandler (23)

Chandler might have been the missing piece in the rotation.

fXlFKv8.gif

#297 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 08, 2018 - 06:48 PM

No it wasn’t Rose but lack of putting your foot on their neck,has to be learned . I don’t want Bron trying last second savior shots unless you have Mamba Mentality!

#298 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 08, 2018 - 06:50 PM

Chandler is an excellent fit as JaValle can’t maintain this pace forever with asthma it’s tough, traveling too! he has been the unexpected star so far but Kuz BI need to man up esp on D and boards

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 08, 2018 - 06:50 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users