307 replies to this topic

#301 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2018 - 09:14 PM

I think it's clear this team has nobody to pick them up when LeBron doesn't have it going. The run the Lakers' young guys went on in garbage time skewed the numbers. This game was over before anybody else really got it going.

I expect there to be many more games like this. The Raptors without Kawhi are far from a great team talent-wise.

#302 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 524 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 04, 2018 - 10:19 PM

What a disaster

It was a back to back, they were tired

[expletive] it, I'm gonna eat a cookie

#303 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 524 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 04, 2018 - 10:20 PM

I mean, if we were going to lose to the Raptors, I at least wanted to see Kawhi sink in all those pull up jumpers

#304 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 4,066 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 04, 2018 - 11:07 PM

I think it's clear this team has nobody to pick them up when LeBron doesn't have it going. The run the Lakers' young guys went on in garbage time skewed the numbers. This game was over before anybody else really got it going.

I expect there to be many more games like this. The Raptors without Kawhi are far from a great team talent-wise.

Been saying it for a bit. The Lakers do not have a clear cut second guy. LeBron is a pretty consistent player, but over the course of an 82 game season he is going to have games where he plays poorly. To me, the biggest disappointment of the season thus far is how inconsistent the young guys have performed, I was expected them to take steps forward and outside of one big game from Kuzma it has been pretty mediocre.

#305 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,672 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 05, 2018 - 06:23 AM

Despite all our troubles, I think there is room to grow. Looking at the next 9 games:

Timberwolves

Kings

Hawks

Trail Blazers

Magic

Heat

Cavs

Jazz

Magic

I think we can pick up some good wins. I'd still like to see better effort on defense and something other than ISOs/P&R on offense. Get some boards (aka, stop getting out-rebounded), play with energy and we'll be alright. Anything less, and you can count on more disappointment.

we can go 7-2 or 4-5.. 

• -Wade- likes this

#306 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 616 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2018 - 06:51 AM

7-0 streak coming up just after the break...

Welcome Bron.

#307 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,177 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 05, 2018 - 11:30 AM

we can go 7-2 or 4-5..

5 and 4 at worsr

#308 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,897 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 05, 2018 - 02:05 PM

Been saying it for a bit. The Lakers do not have a clear cut second guy. LeBron is a pretty consistent player, but over the course of an 82 game season he is going to have games where he plays poorly. To me, the biggest disappointment of the season thus far is how inconsistent the young guys have performed, I was expected them to take steps forward and outside of one big game from Kuzma it has been pretty mediocre.

I went to the game last night. The issues go far beyond identifying a second option.  We scored 107 points, mostly on predictable plays and ad hoc one on one moves.  Toronto's offense was a thing of beauty to watch.

The defense is the real issue.  We cant beat anyone (very often) giving up 120 points.  And the way we gave them up was pathetic.  No one is talking on defense.  There is limited switching going on.  The perimeter guy gets beat usually due to lack of effort, McGee comes to help, Ibaka gets a pass and dunk.  Watched the same play, (non)reaction from the Ls and result several times last night.  Ball was the only one really trying on D.

When Lance's shot is not dropping, he looks like a clown.  A bunch of moves all for nothing, combined with matador defense.

• lakerfan98, dbtbandit67 and ChichoGarcy like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users