December 15, 2018

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,409 posts

Posted November 02, 2018 - 09:40 PM

The date at which the contracts signed in summer become eligible to be traded.

-- 

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - $12,000,000 (needs his consent)

Rajon Rondo - $9,000,000

Lance Stephenson - $4,449,000

Michael Beasley - $3,500,000

JaVale McGee - $1,512,601

--

Of these five players, KCP and Beasley are the odd men out.

The Lakers have 21 more games to play until then. Let's see what happens.

fXlFKv8.gif

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 02, 2018 - 10:10 PM

-- 

Rajon Rondo - $9,000,000

--

We need defense, shooting and defensive rebouding.

Defense on the wings might be ok, but we dont have the personnel in the frontline and if Javale goes down, we're [expletive]ed .

Ditto for defensive rebounding.

Not sure if that is going to change, so its something that has to be addressed.

I would look at Vucevic from Orlando or Tyson Chander from Phoenix. None of those guys are in the future plans of their teams and they would help a lot.

#3 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 03, 2018 - 01:06 AM

-- 

Rajon Rondo - $9,000,000

--

Unless you can explain why KCP would want out of a starting job in LA for the Lakers with LeBron while his wife loves LA and his wife is good friends with LeBron's wife, KCP's not going anywhere.

Makes more sense to trade a combination of the kids for someone better than KCP could land us.

#4 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,442 posts

Posted November 03, 2018 - 04:19 AM

KCP isn’t starting and hasn’t been for a while. He barely plays. If he can showcase his talent elsewhere and line himself up for a long-term deal, he’ll waive his NTC.

Let’s get over this notion that KCP isn’t going anywhere because his wife is “close with LeBron’s wife.” If you can improve the team, nobody gives a [expletive], Magic and LeBron included. KCP isn’t worthy of special treatment. I’ve seen this take multiple times and it’s puzzling. LeBron OK’d a trade of his best friend last season because it put him in a better situation and his own team (Cavs) didn’t benefit from it any way, shape, or form.

If we can get a Vucevic, Robin Lopez or Tyson Chandler type player for KCP at the deadline, he’s gone. Simple.

Edited by Massacre, November 03, 2018 - 04:20 AM.

• Busty Bluth, Persian Gulf, LACAS and 1 other like this

#5 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 03, 2018 - 05:32 AM

KCP isn't getting time, it would be in his best interest to waive that NTC and get a shot somewhere else to earn that next paycheck.

RR could fetch you something but he's a great back up, mentor, leader and come PO's could be useful.

Lance is a toss up, he might help fetch something but come PO's he will be needed.

Beasley is junk, we're not getting anything for him, simply a bad contract.

McGee has been a pleasant surprise, he's a keeper. 

Edited by LACAS, November 03, 2018 - 05:33 AM.

#6 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 03, 2018 - 05:34 AM

KCP isn’t starting and hasn’t been for a while. He barely plays. If he can showcase his talent elsewhere and line himself up for a long-term deal, he’ll waive his NTC.

Let’s get over this notion that KCP isn’t going anywhere because his wife is “close with LeBron’s wife.” If you can improve the team, nobody gives a [expletive], Magic and LeBron included. KCP isn’t worthy of special treatment. I’ve seen this take multiple times and it’s puzzling. LeBron OK’d a trade of his best friend last season because it put him in a better situation and his own team (Cavs) didn’t benefit from it any way, shape, or form.

Agreed.

#7 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,204 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted November 03, 2018 - 07:50 AM

He'll either waive it or he won't. This is a basketball message board I get it but when ppl start trying to decipher a complete stranger's motives for doing or not doing something we've officially crossed into complete waste of f-ing time territory lol
  • GCMD likes this

#8 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 542 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 05, 2018 - 05:53 PM

Looks like we might get Tyson chandler for a roster spot! Hopefully KCP becomes useful or we can flip him for something. He's not useless and he can still fill a role for this team but he needs to pick it up. We're ten games in already and the prognosis doesn't look good. Only good thing is it seems we've finally settled on our first and second units so maybe the continuity will be good for him. Can only hope!

If we can get a Vucevic, Robin Lopez or Tyson Chandler type player for KCP at the deadline, he’s gone. Simple.

#9 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 542 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 05, 2018 - 05:56 PM

Rajon Rando - Josh Hart - KCP - Stephenson - Chandler

off the bench is probably better than some of our starting line ups in the dark years. 

#10 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 05, 2018 - 11:51 PM

Its nice to see that the Lakers are being a bit proactive, because with the way some of the bubble-teams are playing (Minny, LAC, Mem etc.) I don’t think we can get too far down a hole.

I know Chandler isn’t the same guy as he was with Dallas, but in limited minutes surrounded by playmakers he’ll be fine and he solves a few areas:

We improve our defensive rebounding.

We improve our interior defense.

We solidify the rotation at the C-spot.

But we still need shooting as we are bottom 10 in both 3s taken and 3pt%. We could really use that shameless gunner that force other teams to chase him around, like a Ray Allen / Reddick type. I know the plan is to run like crazy, but the game is also played in the half-court and having guys that can convert the open shots is kinda important.

Its nice to see that the Lakers are being a bit proactive, because with the way some of the bubble-teams are playing (Minny, LAC, Mem etc.) I don’t think we can get too far down a hole.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, November 05, 2018 - 11:52 PM.

#11 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2018 - 12:30 AM

KCP's not the problem.  Your personal preference or listening to Anthony/Harrison won't change that.

Ignore all of the personal ties and suggest he should do what you want because you want it...yeah, because your desires TRUMPS KCPs, right?

Come back to reality, people.  We aren't moving KCP unless KCP wants to be moved.  KCP's wife likes LA, is friends with LeBron's wife who's not going anywhere and is under contract with a NTC.  Let's move on and talk about stuff that CAN happen at December 15th.

Doesn't matter.  I'm here for civil discussion.  If you disagree, we can have a calm debate about it.

I think that if we can finish strong over the next month, we have a lot of leverage going into the opening of the trade season to target some of the potential Free Agents of 2019.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 06, 2018 - 02:17 AM

KCP's not the problem.  Your personal preference or listening to Anthony/Harrison won't change that.

Ignore all of the personal ties and suggest he should do what you want because you want it...yeah, because your desires TRUMPS KCPs, right?

Come back to reality, people.  We aren't moving KCP unless KCP wants to be moved.  KCP's wife likes LA, is friends with LeBron's wife who's not going anywhere and is under contract with a NTC.  Let's move on and talk about stuff that CAN happen at December 15th.

Doesn't matter.  I'm here for civil discussion.  If you disagree, we can have a calm debate about it.

I think that if we can finish strong over the next month, we have a lot of leverage going into the opening of the trade season to target some of the potential Free Agents of 2019.

KCP currently is a bit of a problem because he went from being a solid two-way SG who could shoot 3s at a respectable clip (and our projected starting 2) to a mere shell of himself. Will it continue. Nope! It would be extremely unlikely that he continues to struggle like this. But saying he isn’t a problem right now isn’t accurate.

As for moving him it is a bit tricky because he has to ok the deal, but if he doesn’t hit his stride he isn’t going to see the floor regardless of the friendship between his wife and Lebron’s wife. Remember that Lebron and Klutch played a major role in KCPs deal, which on one hand gives him a bit extra leeway in his slump, but that wont continue forever and once Lebron wants him out, he’s likely going to ok a deal. In that situation it really would be in his best interest to be dealt in order for him to play for his next contract.

Totally agree that the next month is going to be key. If we go 8-4 and end up a few games over .500 and perhaps with a semi-firm grip on a playoff-spot i think we'll solidify our rotation a bit by moving a few minor pieces including the 2019 FRP which we'd have to move in order to sign a 35% max (KD).

If we continue to struggle i think all bets are off and they could be looking at taking a swing at Jimmy Butler, although i would imagine he's off the market by then.

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,277 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 06, 2018 - 09:16 AM

KCP and Bron sippin wine with their wives and Brons kid.... cool

#14 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 940 posts